Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Maehayla the Chronicler of the Spring Blossoms, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113645
113645, (DELETED) [HERALD] Maehayla the Chronicler of the Spring Blossoms, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 22 09:08:02 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Maehayla perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:408
113680, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Maehayla the Chronicler of the Spring Blossoms, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Quetzal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always loved when you came around, long live the marionettes!
113683, DOH!!!
Posted by Maehayla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I meant to give that manticore to someone. Oh well, Maehayla will use it to tell stories to the forest children.

Quetzal is a great character, if not a little handsy.. and wingsy. Terrific cook as well, and a voice of reason in heated situations. Keep on keeping on, Mr. Feather.
113662, Love me some Herald Ranger
Posted by Cranlaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between the Catnip and leveling it was awesome, thanks dude :) GLWYN
113664, I always liked the cat squad
I wonder how long it would have taken me to hero without you crazy village cats. I never did get a hold of that shovel.
113681, LOL
Posted by Cranlaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had forgotten all about the shovel :)
113658, Oh! I also played Brakanishu.
So much fun as the goblin dog.
113652, Pssh! You call that a ranger?
Maehayla was a strange character for me. I loved interacting with nearly everyone but holy moly
did I ever suck as a ranger. There were times I had to think to myself, stop, don't con-death a
Herald. I wasn't in too many pk fights but I'm pretty sure I lost all of them. Still, I had a
blast. I wrestled with deleting this character for a long time, I didn't want to leave all my
friends but I also didn't want to lock up a position if I didn't have time to play. And! As a
punch in the gut, I got laid off last night. Oh well.

I went ranger to check out beastmaster tame. It's hella fun, and useful too. It was neat being
a non-magic npc-army type character.

Neltouda - You smiled when you looked at me! I was honestly thrilled when you'd smile at me
and then grit your teeth at everyone else. You were a constant guide in Maehayla's life and
more than once I thought about joining your crew. I liked the relationship between the two
as it was though. I always enjoyed it when you showed up. Can I still submit my stories to
the lyceum?

Whiysdan - I wish our playtimes meshed more, you were a barrel of laughs. 13 laughs of course.
Mwah, HAH, HA, ha, Ha, hee, hee, hee, oh, ho, ho, ha, Haaaaah. In case you were wondering which
laughs. Maehayla's friends composed of so many of Rayihn and your followers. Great stuff, keep
drowning your followers in happy juice.

Umm.. that's everyone I can remember...

Just kidding! There were so many people throughout Maehayla's life, I'd feel terrible if I left
someone out so write and I'll write back, I got plenty of time. *grumble grumble* And if you
don't write, well, we'll always have Hamsah. Here's looking at you, kid.

Oh, and sorry to the Imms for only having one role entry. I always meant to add more about
what past events meant to her or where she was going, but never got around to it.
113653, I think only interacted with you like once, a long while ago now.
Posted by JohnEveryMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you made that terrible pun about that cardinal you had with you being a cardinal and that just stuck in my head forever.

But I just wanted to say I loved every second of it along with the stories you told, so thanks for that.

Good luck with your next and all that.

113656, Terrible?!
I carefully formulated that pun using the Punnett square. Yuck yuck.
113654, RE: Pssh! You call that a ranger?
Posted by Duraskandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Solid herald character, great roleplay. I love heralds, though I could never play one. Will maybe not never. GLWYN.
113657, You should!
Herald rules only apply in the Inn and other cabals, and you meet just about everyone.
113659, Well done.
Posted by Aucius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You made my imperial days far more interesting.
113663, I talked about you for the rest of my life
That was some ultra creepy necromancer you had going there. Thank you for the perfect bad guy.
113686, Loved me some Mae!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad you had fun with her, I certainly always enjoyed our interactions and really appreciated all you did and brought to the Inn.

Sorry to hear about your job situation.

=w=
113692, Fo'getta'bout'id
One of these days I'm going to roll up a Whiysdan junky.

No worries about the job on this end, I should have quit. There's always jobs in the culinary business. The owner laid off nearly a forth of the staff, not due to lack of business or performance, and we were running around like mad. Then 3 more of us got the boot. Guess his Camaro ZL1 isn't nice enough. It's good finally being able to breath again.
113747, Jesus Christ, why don't you just pull my guts out and hang me with them?!?
Posted by Uhrungh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You people! I spent weeks cultivating all of you people, and you're all abandoning me! I spent MONTHS cultivating you! I had so SOOOO many plans for us! We were gonna DO some stuff, but now I can't tell you about it because you're all dead and stuff. This is gonna wreck Uhrungh, especially after that HUGE favor you did for him early on. You know, that one day, behind the inn....that one favor no other ranger would ever do for an orc...*wink*

Seriously, WTF? I may actually have to go cry now. This sucks.
113749, I'm sorry!
At the time I deleted, I didn't have nearly enough time to play, for a leader position anyway. I felt terrible about locking that position. I was the last of my generation of Heralds and the new comers were age dying.

I was switching back and forth from CF to my web browser looking up animals for that song, and you were in my PK! I was so sure I would switch back and.. You have been KILLED!!
113809, RE: Pssh! You call that a ranger?
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm going to miss Father Redtoppington... it's the little things that make a character special. Mae was special, and I really enjoyed playing with you. Come around the ship anytime.

You can e-mail me with your lyceum submissions, and I will be more than happy to put them in the game. That goes for anyone else that has something to put in.. e-mail is the best way to get it there.
113648, Mae!
Posted by Rachiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char, wish our times had meshed more
113651, Hey you!
I felt so bad I wasn't around during Rachiel's last days, I loved Rachiel, and I'm so glad you didn't marry that no good Dhavid. You were a bit of an anchor for Maehayla when she started drifting.