Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Purmodin Rockrigger the Tenacious Bird of Justice, Justiciar of Thera
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113601
113601, (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Purmodin Rockrigger the Tenacious Bird of Justice, Justiciar of Thera
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 18 17:35:27 2013

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Purmodin perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:482
113612, Tough bird.
Posted by J Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Purmodin (along with the rest of the Spire) was endlessly classy and a great foe.

There have been some great characters at the upper echelons of the Spire and Purmodin was no exception.

Those forms would have made for a nasty Vindicator, so I was glad to see you as Justiciar. (Eagle/Lion, right?)

113604, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Purmodin Rockrigger the Tenac...
Posted by Purmodin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, it happened at last. It was a long hard run. First shifter/mage. Got lucky with my black, amber not so much, and never found my sienna. Such is life. I love Tribunal, but it needs a lot of love. Thought it was coming with the one story line, but it never seemed to come to anything. I am terrible at PK, but I just have too much fun with this game to care. Immortals, Thanks for everything. All the interactions I had were top notch. Marcatis, it is disappointing that after almost 450 hours, the only interaction we had was you telling me to correct how warrants are written by missive. After Ziruanja passed I went to your shrine everytime I woke, but got nothing. Was pretty much the same way with Rinalas, my last Provost. Ah well, the ways of the immortals are mysterious and beyond mortal ken, I suppose.

Ziruanja- You were key in making this character what he was. The long talks, etc. I wouldn't have found any of my wands without you, and you wouldn't let me sulk or get frustrated when I got mowed down repeatedly by villagers.

Islinic- Purmodin's insane hero. You were the inspiration that made Purmodin want to be Justiciar. Thanks.

Perr- Always enjoyed our talks, and it felt like we were the parents of the Spire for a long time.

Xupreth- Beyond worthy for IMMdom. Purmodin was a little jealous of you, when it came to picking the new Provost after Ziruanja passed, but gained great respect for you after you replaced me. Good luck in the Etherial, and I'm sure we'll meet again in the fields.

Urses- Great respect for the most part, Purmodin didn't like that you removed yourself from Spire authority by resigning after making a mistake. He felt that punishment should have been handled by the Provost, and that you were spitting in the face of us. He got over it, and was glad you were back.

Garthalon- You were great, but you suck for deleting. Period.

Hoklemthurg- Give yourself more credit.

Twootie- You were crazy, but you were awesome. Had high hopes for you becoming Vindicator.

Hilamar- Nothing but good things, from the get go when I made you learn to read. You were instrumental in the Spire regaining strength, and I hope that trend continues.

Whiysdan- Class act. Purmodin's favorite drinking partner. You make the game so much more entertaining. I'll be rolling a follower soon, since this one didn't make it.

Eraefh- Purmodin's first and only love. Dammit! We were going to buy the Island and make it the Inn's annexed gambling den. Miss spending hours talking south of Seantryn. Best drinks, easily. Well, maybe not better than Graenmar.

Maehayla- Most wanted outlaw Vindicator of the Spire! Way too much fun, keep up the good work with the Heralds.

Graenmar- Purmodin missed you a lot.

Questzal- FUDGE!

Tholos- Really hate that I never got to see the fetish recreation...a shame that. Keep on trucking.

Brahm- Purmodin hated you. With a passion. Tolerated you out of friendship for Tholos.

Fiddleben and Rockeano- My thieves! Fun times...glad I could help you get the betrayer elf a few times.

Haphellna- Taught me a ton about the shifter class and gearing for it. Really wanted to see what you had planned for the Tree.

Jawn- Class act. Loved taking your boots. Good times.

Melindi- I killed a Twist character! Go me! Good fights, though.

Villagers- Mowed me down repeatedly. Class acts for the most part, but ouch.

Rachiel- Your soap opera life was a source of constant fascination for Purmodin. We were close, but aloof most of the time. Was sad to see you passed without getting to say goodbye. By the way, getting shot out of the sky hurts!

If I missed anyone, respond and I'll reply. I had a blast with this character.

See you next time.

Purmodin Rockrigger, Justiciar of Thera

113605, I guess our times just didnt overlap
Posted by Urses on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I was thinking you were going to auto. I swear I hadn't seen you in almost three weeks but it does happen.

I really liked this character. When Urses was drinking himself ztoopid after the self uninduct your character felt a little bit like Clint Eastwood kicking me in the ass to get over what happened and get back in the fight. You pulled off that grizzled wise old no nonsense veteran type very well.

--Urses a.k.a. Quezz.
113606, RE: I guess our times just didnt overlap
Posted by Purmodin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was only gone for about a week real life. Things happen in real life sometimes. What can you do? You had real potential, sad you deleted. I logged on today knowing it was my last time, and saw you were gone, too, but it is what it is. And yes, Purmodin cared about the good of the Spire over anything else. He was mad at you for the way you handled yourself, but he knew the Spire was better off with you, so hence the encouragement. Tribunal is a tough row to hoe, not everyone can handle it, though you did better than most. Mistakes happen, and it should be left to the chain of command to handle it. Anyway, good luck with your next, hope we're on the same side again.
113607, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Purmodin Rockrigger the Tenac...
Posted by Hilamar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, I'm going to need access to your records, cause I'm going to look up both yours and Urses Address and kick both your arses! This is going to be ONE HELL of a sucky day, losing now four magistrates! Come on guys, least spread the deletes out a little!!!!

Hilamar loved Purmodin, loved how he encouraged Hilamar to learn to write and read, and all the attention that came with that! You really made the Spire great in Hilamar's younger years! After I lost connection for a month and came back to find out your times had petered off as well, I was so disappointed. It felt like an empty spire without you. Then, the story line that processed and when it came to keeping you as Provost or another, I really felt sorry for voting for another, cause you were the Provost. I knew that from a previous trib I had before Hilamar. Then you got promoted to Justiciar I felt good. I never really consider Vindicator or Justiciar demotions from a Provost since very few people make it that far.

Just as Urses, you will be greatly missed in the Spire. I've yet to find one of the new recruits that had the potential you did for being a Justiciar and it will be very difficult to fill your shoes.

Good luck to whatever next you pull, as long as it is not an Outlander!

Hilamar
113610, Bye
Posted by Brakrar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never had much interaction with you, but we had a couple fights.
Sucks that you con died but least you went down swinging and
that's more than what can be said of most people.

GLYWN
113617, BURN!
Posted by Grippledank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt at times that you were my sleek black mob. You had a ton of heart and certainly kept me on my toes (when you weren't sitting unshifted on the high road or MS, seriously you did that a lot when I was around). You had to die to me 4-6 times with unused wands in your corpse, and not just one or two but a treasure trove of them. Why no zappy zappy?

I also saw you get that nifty title but it looked like the mechanics of a provincial moving cities kept eating it :( I was really surprised to not see you get vindicator or Provost. Good luck with your next.
113619, My favorite time with you was when your flight fell right next to me
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was like "he's so dead".

Stoneback!
113620, Sorry things didn't work out..
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...but I enjoyed the interactions we did have. Glad you had a good time with them as well.

=w=
113621, Crappy RP.
Posted by disappointed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you're going to be a corrupt tribunal, be consistent. Don't flag people for looting and tell them you'll remove the flag if you return what they looted, then kill them when they turn themselves in, and then bitch out others of the spire for doing the same thing you did. You went back and forth between being completely shady and being overly strict about the laws. I thought it was just a bad experience I had with you, but then it happened again with another character. Then when I talked to other characters about it IC it turned out this flip-flopping was normal behavior from you. I'm all for out of the box role playing, like a corrupt tribunal. You acted like you were by the book, but then if an opportunity came about you would throw the book out the window. Maybe that was part of your role, to be shady behind the scenes but put on an act like a hard ass who bends no rules. If not, shame on you.
113622, RE: Crappy RP.
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Granted I wasn't this character nor interacted with him I bet it is safe to assume that the entire story wasn't known, even by the criminal. I've had a Vindy and Justiciar in the past and the crap out of people's mouth is insane. They question your judgement, complain, bitch, and whine mostly because they just don't think they really got caught.

Based on the statements that you made in this post, I don't see any example of corruption. I see nothing wrong with lying to a criminal to try and serve a death warrant or make a case (and its done irl all the time) unless that character might have some sort of vow against such acts that could be viewed as unethical.

Just my 2 cents.
113626, RE: Crappy RP.
Posted by Quetzal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ill miss shoving fudge down your beak! But then again pretzles are the new fudge, always loved my interactions with ya.
113634, RE: Crappy RP.
Posted by still dissapointed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hear you, believe me I do. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on this many times. Only so many ####-ups are forgivable though. I agree that some tribs should be able to flat out lie about the laws if it results in a criminal coming to justice. It was the way he went about it he seemed to just use game mechanics and lies to get what he wanted when he wanted it. A greedy player bleed through too much and that's what turned me off. I saw very different responses from him over different characters, and other characters practically went OOC to tell me the same thing when I asked about him IC. Even some other tribs said they didn't agree with him and to be careful of his "mood swings."

All I ask for is some sort of consistency in the role playing of a character. Especially when they have a high up position in a cabal. That's all, I don't think it's too much to ask for.