Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113596
113596, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 18 15:33:50 2013

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Urses perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:377
113618, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Drahnik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The interactions that we had were positive but limited to cabal stuff, from what I did see the character was grade A. You were a solid Tribunal presence and I hate to see you go.

I hate mino-speak but you seemed to realize that it was hard to understand sometimes and would word things in a way that was easier. As a player I always have a hard time taking a mino seriously for some reason.

I wish you the best with your next character.
113597, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Quezzumpliet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It had been a year since I played CF (since I deleted Jitleph) so thought I would give Tribs one more try. I think I did alot better this time though as usual I managed to get some people pissed off at me. Seems to be my only consistent talent these days.

After 375 or so hours I was burning out and figured Vindicator or Justiciar were not in my future. Also the whole long term story line that apparently only Xupreth qualified for seems to have petered out. Lately all of those long term quests just seem to fail anymore with nothing coming from it. Lots of promises and nothing kept. Perhaps when the next batch of Tribs get up to the hero ranks they'll continue it. I was tired of waiting.

I wanted to age die a minotaur but at least I heroed one. I've only played two before that and only to about level 25 before deleting. I also wanted to try and make mino speech a little more intelligible so I played with replacing consonants and so forth. Hope it worked. Anyone wants to comment on that please give me some feedback, just keep it positive, no flaming.

As usual, intereacted with a ton of great people and far fewer griefers this time around which was great. Outlanders were great, Villagers were great, even the Scions are managing to play evil without being douchebags and overall a very positive experience.

I would like to mention that polearm wasn't nearly as good as it was with Svuusk. Yes I chose different legacies but that should not have affected charge set which was nigh on useless. It felt like it fired half the time compared to Svuusk. Also chop feels weak and misses far too often as well. I did play around with hitroll to see if it would help and I noticed no difference. Lastly, it would be nice if gauntlets material type affected hand to hand damage. I mean, you are actually hitting the with a gauntleted fist, the material it is made of should impact damage. Other than that hand to hand was fun.

Tribs:
Xupreth: You were great, hope you make it up there.

Hilamar: Keep on trucking. Tribs is starting to rebuild again, just keep the momentum going.

Hoklemthurg: Glad to see you around again, keep it up, Hilamar will need the help.

Twootie & Purmodin: Liked you both alot but wtf, where are you?

Garthalon: Wish you'd not deleted. You did well and were missed.

All the new magistrates: Put in your time on duty, that is what tribs is for, more than anything. Everyone thinks they will be vindicator but truth is, just placing those marks properly is why it exists.

Outlanders:
Too many to name but ones that stood out are Leyras, Rostrak, Auldr, Isyzk, Grippledank, Melinda, Oaneekwee, Brakrar, Nilvrine, Jawn, and lastly Tepis and Ilthoriel, Real sorry for the bad marks that killed you. For me thats the one thing about Tribunal that sucks, mis-marking someone who dies because of it.

Villagers:
Again, list of names that stood out: Bosephus, Bholur, Gredoor, Arratok, Kets, Gegor, Giafersy, Gyit, and Zadeel. Damn pincersmurfs.

Empire:
Kubrawn, Kraldinor, Fuarg, Charice, Angron

Nexus:
Carg, Haj, Baylahn,

Herald:
Fiddleben, Brahm, Thollos: All three were great friends to Urses, best he had in fact.

I am sure I have forgotten people so post and I will reply.

I'm likely done with Tribunal. I just can't seem to do right by it in the long term. If I do play again it will likely be a class/cabal combo I've never done before with no expectations other than to learn.

--Quezz
113599, FWIW re: HTH damage and gauntlets...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...there are things that do that.

To my knowledge (and going to be super vague here), there are gauntlets that increase skill % in HTH skills, there are gauntlets that increase damage, there are gauntlets that add a bleeding affect, and there are rumored gauntlets that change your damage type.

So they do exist. Just super duper hard to find.
113600, RE: FWIW re: HTH damage and gauntlets...
Posted by Quezzumpliet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had the brass knuckles, and I heard about the others but could never find out in game where they came from. I really was talking about damage type based on normal handwear. So spiked gauntlets doing piercing damage. Iron gauntlets affecting elves more, etc.

Some games like D&D have handwraps that wraps around the gauntlets (IE weapons slots) to give back the +dam and hit you lose from not having a weapon. They also tend to affect damage type as well.
113603, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of...
Posted by Hilamar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NO!!!!!!

REACTIVATE REACTIVATE!!!!

Urses was one of the closest thing Hilamar had to a true friend within the Spire, and I hoped I showed that sometimes with the light banter I'd afford in your presence. We grew up together through the ranks, you were the first magistrate I recommended for the Position of Provincial because you were just so good at it, and you were always there to give Hilamar a helping hand.

When you uninducted yourself, I was really disappointed, especially the hours I put in working with you on cutoff and parting blow. Glad it went as smoothly as it did for us in those days, and then we powered up into the hero ranks together, and you were the motivation for Hilamar to obtain the final levels.

I can not say enough good things about Urses, but you will be very hard to replace if I can even replace you. And I'm guessing Xupreth never got a chance to talk with you about the Vindicator position. We were both pushing for it. I'll admit, once I took over the position of Provost, I was hoping to see Twootie back to take Vindicator, and put you in Justiciar position, but Twootie vanished. I knew you wanted the position of Vindicator, and even though I needed you as a Provincial, I wanted to see you as Vindicator cause I knew it was what you wanted the most, and you in my mind had earned it.

Good luck with whatever you play next, as long as it is not a Outlander and someone I'll have to fight against!

Hilamar
113608, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of...
Posted by Urses on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hilamar was Urses' friend no doubt about it. Never felt like you were bossing me and much more like two old friends working efficiently as partners.

The uninduction was just following through with Urses' views on justice he do no less to himself than how he would approach punishing anyone else making the same mistake. Purmodin made a point that it took away from the leadership's right to punish, however, Urses being a provincial made him a leader and it was a leaders right to excuse themselves from the position.

As for vindicator I knew you and Xupreth were pushing for me to get it but I was told no, my time on duty was too low. My PBF says 22% and the only thing I can think of is that when I uninducted myself it reset the clock. I sure as hell can't understand how its that low because I was on duty all the time, except when I uninducted. My criminals caught wasn't bad, better than some who had vindicator. And of course the last things, I screwed up and I had no role. It was a big mistake and anymore it seems like you don't get rewards if you don't have a role.

As for what I play next, I never play a cabal that is in direct opposition to the one I just finished. I think it unfair to fight people you have detailed knowledge about.

--Quezz
113609, Good run
Posted by Zeikal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed all of our fights even if we didn't have much interaction other than that, I knew if I could ever disarm you I could get you. But for some reason or another I usually found myself in a spot where I had to focus on something else and wouldn't get the chance.

That last time at the Captain, I thought to myself, jeeze I'm not sure if we can do this they got 2 pallies, a polearm spec, and a muter. I said to myself well we can get a couple hits in then when they come at us we'll just flee.

Fortunately I underestimated our bard, yall almost had me though, that cutoff is a pain when you don't wanna fight somebody and you just wanna get away lol. The time before that I didn't realize I was bleeding so bad.

Ramblin now, but Trib really lost a huge asset, GLWYN.
113611, Hated the pole
Posted by J Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I liked the character.

I felt a little bad about killing you in Prosimy, as it was clear that you had been straight-up abandoned by the rest of your cabal and that always sucks. (Not bad enough to not take your potions, though.)

My desire to raid the Spire when you were around was close to zero because cutoff is so nasty to deal with. There were a couple of tactics that I thought would work well against you but never got to try out.

There is not a chance in hell that you were only on duty 22% of the time.

Keep up the quality.
113624, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Urses Thriceborn the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by TollikSvirf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who are you to deprive a filthy bum his favourite patch of shade?

What will Tollik do without your dulcet moos of wisdom and humor?

Alas, only time will tell.