Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Morgrut the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113421
113421, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Morgrut the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 10 14:46:35 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Morgrut perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:63
113422, why did you do that? nt
Posted by copenhagen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
113426, Lots of reasons
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't handle giant int, I ####ed up a bit with practices by maxing str and wis before the character got to mature, lost more con than I'd like and wise recovery wasn't going be an option with a wis of 17 after the inevitable beating I was going to get upon entering hero range. I can't seem to win any PKs ever. The Empire and the Blades in particular aren't hurting for numbers as bad as they used to be so it was going to end up being a massive struggle just to be the suckiest blade around.

I've also come to realise that I don't really enjoy the whole following orders thing in Empire (thankyou sir, please #### me harder sir). I didn't really have many interactions with fellow Imperials and most of the characters friends/allies were in Nexus, didn't think anyone was really going to miss me once I was gone. Once I finally got to meet the Emperor and got a Warmaster I asked them for warrior-y advice that I desperately needed and pretty much got a "I dunno, whatever, hey btw give me that limited item I don't need, okay now #### off". I think that was absoloutely the right RP for them and I'm not pissed, I'm just not motivated to keep up with the character.

I didn't have a role and wasn't really motivated to write one, I had trouble holding down a consistent speech pattern even and moved between orc and dwarf and back again depending on who I was talking to at the time. As far as I could see the character's future was going to consist of endless hours of spam practicing only to pad my opponents PK ratios and get yelled at by the higher-ups in Empire followed by an ignominious death with a 0% PK ratio. I already played that guy once and this time I didn't even have the roleplay to give me anything positive to take away from it.

Biggest reason though is that I've been putting off writing a dissertation for about 6 months now and if I put 60+ hours into that instead of a character, failed or otherwise, I'd probably be done with it and be able to get on with my life. So it was time to delete.

113427, RE: Lots of reasons
Posted by Kurbrawn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You wouldn't talk about it to any great depth. You asked us what to take for a second spec and what legacies to take. We asked you what your weaknesses were. You said, "if I knew that I wouldn't ask for your advice." You didn't mention anything like you have problems like dropping your weapons to strength loss, or maybe having trouble keeping your foes in place because you were sword and no extra lagging skills, or that you often times come very close in your battle but wish you had a little more health or something. Something. You didn't say any of that. We asked you for additional information so we could give you better advice. I don't want to tell someone to take power-gamey legacies because they usually work, and then have you pissed off at me if they don't work out for you. You have to work with us.

You do realize we were watching for the other team to come and tango with us because we had their item, right? You did see Merrol rot me, and that bracelet you had was +3con, then I tried to give you something to replace it but you couldn't see it. Then I gave you a detect invis prep and motioned for you to use it so I could give you the bifrost. In fact I thought you would prefer the health over the con. Then you left and didn't say anything. There was a lot going on. If there wasn't I would have had the time to speak with you 1on1.

Sorry if anything we did made you feel unwanted.

Good luck with the dissertation. I graduate in May and it can't come quick enough.
113429, Oh...
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For some reason I interpreted 'Kurbrawn waves an empty hand at you' as you spamming 'dismiss Morgrut' rather than 'give bifrost Morgrut', which while obvious when I think about it gave me a very different impression at the time.

The rest mostly still applies though.