Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113416
113416, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 10 05:29:04 2013

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Rostrak perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:370
113448, I wasn't a big fan of an outlander Paladin, but I was a big fan of Rostrak
Posted by Kraldinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You maintained the same intensity whether numbers were with you or against you and were not afraid to take risks. I Enjoyed out fights and out interactions outside of them and will miss having you as a foe.

As an Imperial though, I didn't like seeing a paladin in the tree since to me it seems it would (and did) further diffuse fort/outlander tensions. However, as far as total power goes, I think for paladin would have had more upside for you, so I never thought you were playing this combo to be power gamey.
113417, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Posted by Rostrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Reposted from Dioxides..

I will not say any bads.. this character for me was basically the coolest I have ever had. I went in trying to do something that really I never thought I would actually do.
Right after I got empowered for the first time by Padwei she deleted the day after. This made it really hard.. but I could not just start over again.. and decided to power through.

I want to give a big Thank you to all the immortals who I interacted with at the begining.. and wow there were some days that I just couldn`t wait to get home from work to see what was going to happen next but it dried up and I am not sure if there was more than one immortal but it was great. Unfortunatly it got quiet the past 6 weeks and I really wanted to see the end of the tasks I still had out there.. but life goes on.

Aldur when we first met I really was not sure about you.. and what your intentions were.. (I am not sure if you did either :) ) but you really opened my eyes past the tunnel I was trying to focus in to do what I wanted to do and I really think you were key on my growing and finnaly getting into Outlander. You really made this character special for me and made the long hard times so much better.

There are sooo many that I want to say goodbye to.. but it would take hours..

I really feel I did what I set out to do with this character and man it was a blast... there could have been more but that just was not in my hands. I hope that the things I got a glimpse to in the begining through my imm interactions do come to light..
113418, One of the best characters of the age
Posted by J Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From when you first appeared on the scene I was rooting for you from both an IC and OOC viewpoint.

As I got to know you better I really, really liked the character. It was easy to tell that you were dealing with a lot of difficulties at every step of the way, but personally I think that makes for some of the best characters.

Having spent so much time with you I enjoyed all the implications that you were being greatly rewarded because it was clear that, if anything, you were underrewarded. I don't think I saw you use more than two? Outlander powers in all your hours in the cabal.

I was really pulling for you to be the new Sunwarden, but it seems that the status quo is a little harder to shake than that.

All in all, I think you did an absolutely stellar job and will long be remembered for a number of reasons.

Quality all the way.
113419, RE: One of the best characters of the age
Thank you this means alot to me..
This was probably the hardest character I have ever tried.. but I knew it going in and it porbably would have been diffrent if Padwei was still around.. Man she was so cool.. This was my second major character with her and she was alway so interactive it just made my last characters.

Yeah the over rewarded thing really started to bother me a bit.. as people had no clue. I was warned that my powers were going to be weaker than other outlanders but I am not sure why but they really did seam weaker..
I had BioEmpathy.. which was always up. I had beastcall which was cool.. but normally it would fail over and over and over. Trepdation well it is what it is.. and Preservation well that was obviously weaker because alot of the time it would not even heal the ground and just fail.

I know there were alot of people rooting for me for Sunwarden.. but the fact I got in was just super cool enough.. maybe will pave the way for the next. :)
113425, Fantastic Char!
Posted by Leyras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this character was awesome!! I wishe you had stayed longer!
Congratulations on accomplishing a really tough challenge,
which you fully deserved by the end. I was expecting this if
Sunwarden didn't happen for you, it seemed like a lot of the
"challenge" of the game had gone out of it for this char when you
got inducted into the Tree.

OOC comments:
1. Awesome, consistent RP. Really stellar.
2. Good character concept and you really knew what you were doing.
3. Really classy and thank you for being generous about that thing.
4. Massive kudos for lasting that long with difficult RP, although as you observed above it was startling to see just how tough a storm giant shield dedicate could be when properly played.

One piece of constructive criticism: the triggered emote could be cool, but got old after a while, esp in inappropriate situations.

IC comments:
Certain conversations really changed Leyras' life. He's always been grateful for that. In fact, he was originally trying to populate your 'knights of the bleeding heart' with other players/people.

He thought you were way too soft, but although you preached a lot more live and let live, in practice you fought when appropriate.
You were shaping up to be a really awesome guide and mentor for Leyras, but a few things happened:
1. You sort of didn't say a word for support for Leyras when Auldr went ballistic..the first time or the second time, or any time in between. This really punched a hole in the pedestal you were on, although you were still highly respected.
2. After the 2nd time, you seemed surprised Leyras was staying the course. His mentor in the ways of the ancients, suprised Leyras was staying true to his beliefs..that was disappointing for Leyras.

113443, RE: Fantastic Char!
Thank you for your comments..
The triggered emote yeah.. I wanted to build something that would do random stuff every nightfall.. but lost track of it and never finished building it.. but I took the good with the bad.. I can not tell you how many times it triggered in fights and caused me either to die or them to get away. but as part of my rp I was given a gift that I saw beyond at every sunset.. so the way I saw it wether I wanted to or not it was going to occur.

In truth after your interview with myself and Aldur I was against you getting in at that moment.. and Aldur brought you within that was the reason we sat for so long after your induction and spoke on the things we did as I was concern.
My character was Aldur's brother as we were tied by much.. and I played it this way.. my concerns were spoken with him but as he was also the Sunwarden I always treated with respect and would not go behind his back. I spoke with Aldur about you and the reasons why to try to curb his path.. I did have intentions to find you and even spoke to Rydell about you with intentions to find you again.. but it always seemed that the time never turned out right.

Near the end I really wanted to sit down and talk with you again because my character was proud of you and wanted to let you know.. as his main goal was always to show the path.. but really he did not want to influence.. people had to choose themselves. Our times just never seemed to mesh and when we were both on I kept getting distracted.

You have a good character and keep it up I did enjoy our talks when you were young and wish you all the luck.
113473, RE: Fantastic Char!
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One piece of constructive criticism: the triggered emote could be cool, but got old after a while, esp in inappropriate situations.

I tend to agree, though I get what he was going for. I in general have a problem with how time is managed on the game - it just moves too quickly for any time-sensitive roleplay to not seem intrusive and contrived. I wish we could change it, but the consensus is that the gameplay consequences are too great to redefine time. As an avid roleplayer, I find it best to just ignore time of day roleplay unless a rare moment comes along where it's opportunistic to RP the hour. But most of the time, it's just ludicrous. You can have a single conversation that lasts several "days".
113437, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Posted by Oryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Rostrak a lot, and was really pulling for you. You put it all together so well on the RP side that it actually made sense for you to be in the Tree. That really impressed me. I understand if that may not have shown through, IC, though. One of Oryn's earliest roots was that showing kindness to paladins eventually hurt his clan, hence he wasn't going to let you in without some turbulence. I hope it didn't come off as petty OOC bitching, I feel like I may have gotten close once or twice.

Even though I'm not really playing much right now, I'm sad to see you delete so close to Auldr. I was really looking forward to who Rostrak might without his influence. Anywho, kudos for doing something that hasn't (to my knowledge) been done before. Super cool.

GLWYN.
113442, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Never once came off as petty or OOC.. but that is probably because I knew your character well before hand as well.
But thank you..

Yeah after the fact you are always like well maybe I should have stuck it out a bit longer.. but I felt it was time..

I really respected you and when you started to warm up to me I really knew that I had "made it" per say.

And yes it had never been done before.. as was told to me by the immortals.
113472, Awww..
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see a rage delete here.

I was the primary imm behind most of the Outlander-related interactions (including most of your interactions with Sir Sorrow), and unfortunately since the New Year I've been slammed with a lot of things going on in RL that has limited my MUD time. I do always feel bad about leaving people hanging.

You not being named Sunwarden had nothing to do with you, personally, but rather the storyline (unfortunately in hiatus) that I have going on with the Ancients. A paladin would just not be viable as Sunwarden for a variety of reasons. But, I was hoping you'd be a part of the advancement of that storyline, and so I'm especially sorry to see the deletion with that in mind, though I can't blame you. I do know how it is when you are active and playing a character, you are kind of operating on CF time, and when nothing happens for that amount of time interest can go. Ah well.

Rostrak will go down in history, for sure, and remain a part of Outlander lore for ages to come. Good luck with your next!
113500, RE: Awww..
It was not really a rage delete.. it was more just time.

Yeah I completly understand Real Life creeping in on the game time :)
My wife has been on me with the amount of time I spent on Rostrak anyways.. and I found myself trying to play at times when my kids were awake b/c I was trying to line up with you. Just could not keep that up.

Sunwarden hurt a bit.. but at the same time I did not expect to really get it.. I knew I was never truely going to be a full Warden.. it was more the sitting there and waiting and waiting.. maybe I should have emailed you directly.. but I try to always keep it in character..
I just want to say thanks for everything.. This truely was my best character in all my years and it would not have been possible without the interactions.

I am going to try to take a break for a bit ( I say that but ussaly end up comming back after a few months..)

Thanks
Rostrak
113474, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by Gembu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to some RPing with you, and perhaps some fighting as well. (I would've attacked you on sight outside of the tree after our last conversation had we been in range. Even though I think it would be a bad matchup for me.)

Anyway, from what I saw from you, you RP was great and you were a good pressence in the tree.

Hope to see you back in the fields soon again.
113477, I was sorry to see this.
Posted by Azhelak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We never interacted as much as I'd of liked, but our times were a bit different and that was a big reason for that. You will be missed.

Good luck with your next.
113423, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Posted by Nilvrine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character a lot and I am sad to see you go. At first I was skeptical as a player and IC. But your dedication quickly became apparent. Glad it sounded like you had a lot of fun as well.

Good luck with your next.
113444, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Rostrak FreeStorm the Hedge Knight, Anointed by the Ancients of the Sun
Yeah I had heeps of fun with this character.. it is probably my best in all the decades I have been playing.. lol
Nilvirne was always a bit of a mystery for me.. as he is so quiet and reserved.. I was shocked when we traveled the first we times.. and really began to understand more of your character.
I still remember the first time we met and you basically told me to "take off" because I asked for help putting out fires.. then you showed up a while later as I ran between the plains and the inn filling my water skins.. lol man did my feet hurt.. especially since Rostrak never wore boots.

Thanks.. I think I will be taking a break for a while..