Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Eptemi Tek the Kaiden, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113185
113185, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Eptemi Tek the Kaiden, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 27 11:13:48 2013

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Eptemi perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:140
113186, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Eptemi Tek the Kaiden, Imperial ...
Posted by Manaheim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi all,

I had some fun times. But it was time I was gone.

I rolled Gibblik as an explore character last year, had great time, especially with Toes and Rock.

Sauvyn I rolled because I always wanted a sword/hand spec. And it seemed easier if I went tribunal.

Eptemi I rolled because I wanted an imperial who wont get flyto/murdered every 5 seconds.

There were other characters too. I cant possibly mention you all, but thanks for the good times. Here are some honourable mentions.

Kurbrawn: I guess you outlive yet another in the council. You rule, figuratively and literally. I am sorry that I hadnt got the stones to be a good shadow lord, but thankyou for the chance.

Fiddletoes, Rockeano: You showed me so much and we had great fun.

Eldrinoth: You ruled man, it was a pleasure to nova you to hero, and to know you as other characters.

Rachiel: You were great. Full stop.

Baylahn: You were awesome, I hope you didnt mind the broken heart roleplay thing. I have fond memories of us yelling at each other in the inn.

Goodies/Outlanders heroes in general: In my opinion you are just powergamers. Seriously the playerbase is low...you really need 7 heroes logged on at once?

Gembu: You were fun, Sauvyn was Sphere Lust, hence the 'lover' thing. She may be gone, but still bash that bard, in her spirit? ;)

Scions: You too were all fun, you exude evil especially with that scion area thing that does that thing. It was great fighting the criminal chancellor with Sauvyn then stealing the maran outer kill with Eptemi.

There is so many people, I can barely name the most recent ones. I will probably come back, likely as a nexan because if one thing CF needs is balance at least for the none elite players.

I learned much with these characters and generally had a good time. I hope noone noticed I was the same person playing these characters? (I accidentally said 'Yessss' once with Sauvyn which is what Eptemi would say). Let me know if anyone noticed.

On a parting note...even with the amount of time I had on my hands, it was hard to play multiple characters. I recommend two at maximum.

Thankyou all, Gibblik Nibbs, Eptemi Tek, Sauvyn Gol-Rah.
113190, Addendum: Thanks for the imms behind the scenes work too. NT
Posted by Manaheim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
113191, The Shadows mourn this day.
Posted by Kurbrawn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another ghost of a fine Shadow will haunt the halls. You were an awesome shadow. Don't be fooled by all the times I said I wished there was a Shadow worthy of taking the Shadow Lord spot. Kurbrawn has some harsh methods of inspiring others, usually with some sort of threat, or warning, or physical abuse. You were always a candidate for the spot, and I had my money on you being the one who got it. Looks like I won. Thanks for playing this game, and I hope you had fun. Good luck with whatever comes next.

p.s. If you roll another imperial I'll love you forever ;)
113193, RE: The Shadows mourn this day.
Posted by Eptemi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember you saying the same thing when I deleted Baldwick. I will reply same way I did then. Oh yes I will be back. :)

I hope you are still around then, because you are frickin awesome.

Baldwick was an elite, Eptemi was a shadow lord. My next is after your ob big guy ;)
113196, LE SIGH
Posted by Duraskandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great shadow lord, very convincing and very competent. A shame you deleted. Where are we going to get our scouting now?
113197, Was a pleasure to be nova'd to hero
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry we never got all 11 at once, that would have been freakin' sweet.

Good characters, we interacted on a few others besides, you will be missed. Come back some time.
113219, Well played char, always a pleasure to kill or be killed
Posted by Leyras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this char, Eptemi. You started with the proud trash talk in the mid 30's and eventually became more and more likely to back it up.
I became impressed with the "fight for the Empire's honor" one liners that you always had.

I liked our epic all day fight in the mountains -- curse you for making me drop my guard over many flees and then groundcontrolling to me death in two rounds. :) Nice tactics.

After that, it was a hard to get straight up fight with you. I think you switched to stalk/assassinate mode most often. That fight in Voralian city -- what are the rules for Imperials initiating combat in protected cities? I'm very curious what the current interpretations are.

On powergaming and game swings -- I respectfully must partially disagree. 24 hours before your delete, I saw Eptemi, Kurbrawn, Dursankdr,and Xierses all logged in for hours, within 1 minute of each other. That is a powerhouse that could deal with anything in the game. I heard a story of Erevayl getting lucky against Kurbrawn and Kralindor and taking the codex against you, solo (don't know if he was helped with Nexuns, as I wasn't there). I've also seen plenty of other times when there are equal or greater numbers. Are there times when things swing one way or the other? Definitely. I don't enjoy being chased around by Magroi and Kraldinor, rotted, and then being sniped from the air by an air Scion or an air Nexun or an air Trib, either, but those are the breaks. Low numbers can be to your advantage, with the Tribunals AND Nexuns both on your side and the Scions doing random walks of three-rounding across Thera

There are a few goodie powergamers as there are evil powergamers, this is true, but I think the majority of good heros are either RP strong and/or else new to the game and basically padding your Pk ratio.

Edit: The most important fact to keep in mind is that it is NOT team good vs team evil. Play politics and you will find many people hate each other for strong IC and occassionally OOC reasons.
113220, 1 minute is a gross exaggeration.
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please don't bend the truth to make a point. That's called telling a lie.
113221, RE: Well played char, always a pleasure to kill or be killed
Posted by Eptemi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes that was a fun fight. I HAD to go to go to stalk-assassinate mode because you had too many close by allies, besides which dagger specs messed with my assassin zen ;P

How could you tell we logged in within 1 minute of each other? Most of the time even the Empire didn't know I was there. I used to love popping up and tripping someone an imperial was fighting, did that all the time with Kraldinor. Hot tip: logging on as a shadow is only exclaimed on the Shadow Sect channel. Of course then Kurbrawn would log on and is all like 'Oh hai Eps lol' over cb, that REALLY irritated me...thanks boss!

Imperial law says you can attack someone in town who had attacked you first (in town), aslong as your adrenaline stops you from going back into your guild. Believe me the imms are really quick to demote/anathema people breaking imperial law and I wasn't going to risk that.
113313, Apology for any misinterpretation
Posted by Leyras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did not literally mean "1 minute;" more like when you say "I'm going for beer and I'll be back in 1 minute."

As to the log in order: if I type who pk every few seconds I am not fighting and I see the who list order is Kurbrawn, Eptemi, Dura, Xier, then it seems like that is the log in order. Again, I am saying it is random. Also, if I recall I was chasing someone, so the actual interval could have been much longer than the way it felt.

What you said above is really funny :) And also explains a way how these random things happen. Probably, if I was stalking for 2 hours and Kurbrawn blows my cover, the first thing I do is log out for 5 minutes and stretch and get a snack and log back in. So now it looks like I logged in right after the Emp.

The point is, these random things do happen often on both sides, and the hero range is subject to big swings to either side, often very suddenly.

Thank you for explaining to me a bit how imperial law works--that probably has saved a future life or two :) To show my appreciation for this char, I used a donation opportunity to pick up your PBF. :)