Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113156
113156, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 25 17:10:30 2013

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Mizzen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:138
113169, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Mizzzen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being Empire Thief and having to retrieve from the Tree every other login wasn't any fun. I signed up to be Fort's underdog, and ended up dying constantly to Outlander, with very little I could do in response. When I wasn't retrieving from the tree, it was a retrieve from Fort with Outlanders chameleoned outside. Very, very rarely did I ever have to fight a fortie. In fact, my FIRST pvp experience with this character was being out-of-range PK'ed with bioempathy.

The best part about this character was the thief class, which I love. It's not as though I had ZERO fun - it was just strangled by bad cabal dynamics and a combo that couldn't alter them solo.

113180, Great character
Posted by Yuolud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...But I remember some times it went differently. For a while there, seemed like every log-in the orb would be either at the village or behind Centurions. I remember I tried fighting you once when the orb was taken, too, but you were having none of it in the mountains.

Overall, great character, and you inspired fear of the shadows in what seems like 2 generations of goodie chars. :)

GLWYN!
113183, RE: Great character
Posted by Mizzen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can remember a couple of times early in this character's life where we had the orb - there was a fairly strong group of upper-level imperials when I first started rolling around. Those guys are mostly gone now, and it's not as though pickpocket/locksmithguy was going to fill the vacuum.

Anyway, I'm glad Mizzen was scary! That's something I'm proud of - mostly because he actually wasn't anything to be afraid of. I just did my best to keep Fort from noticing. That mainly included stuff like not sticking around to get killed whenever possible. But - that's being a Shadow!
113192, Good effort.
Posted by Kurbrawn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It did seem like you weren't having much fun at times, but you seemed to be getting the hang of things better. I thought you were gaining a lot more momentum so these delete was a bit of a surprise. I hope you learned some things and had some fun with Mizzen, and good luck with whatever comes next.
113199, RE: Good effort.
Posted by Mizzen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Totally. I don't regret the character - it was just time for a change of pace.

Loved Kurbrawn. To the point that sometimes I wondered if you were a little too buddy-buddy for an Emperor. Then I ate that full loot while trying to retrieve for you, and you came over the CB - "Where is my codex, Shadow?" and it was perfectly bone-chilling. Not that you knew it had happened, but still, it was the AWWWE #### THE EMPEROR IS PISSED AT ME AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO moment I needed.

Don't worry - the next guy will probably kill Outlanders. Although you'll probably be dead and gone by then.
113161, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Xenvah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, too bad. I liked Mizzen from what I saw. A shame. I feel alone in the Empire all too often, our halls are going empty!

Good luck with your next and I hope that you had fun while it lasted.

113170, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Mizzenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Xenvah. Stick it out - if Empire is going to get anywhere, it'll need a healer or three.

I recommend focusing on leveling blades/divines up as much as possible and helping them get preps/equipment.
113171, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Mizzen the Eye, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Mizzenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Xenvah. Stick it out - if Empire is going to get anywhere, it'll need a healer or three.

I recommend focusing on leveling blades/divines up as much as possible and helping them get preps/equipment.