Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Cainargen the Carnal Savage, Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113064
113064, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Cainargen the Carnal Savage, Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 20 18:05:56 2013

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Cainargen perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:388
113072, Thank you Everyone. It was Great.
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Where to start. Cain has been a blast, a very good experience for me. I had a very simple role, but I tried to make Cain about his principles, and sticking to them even when it was difficult. That was how he defined strength, and it really was a natural fit to seek Thror. The religion was such a wonderful (even though it was frustrating at times) experience, and so I cannot thank Thror enough for everything. I learned so much about the religion, and just RP in general.

I love the Village, and I think Cain was my most successful. I had a DM in Fulgrum, and a veteran way way back, but this was the first time I got to lead, so thank you for the opportunity. It was probably the hardest leadership role I've ever had, and I've led scion, fort and outie in the past. I felt like I was under a bit of a microscope, from friends and foes, and it just wore me down. I really thought this was my best shot to make the pillar, but can't do that with a delete - really makes me appreciate more those who did make it.

I caught a lot of flack for not ending the Fortress war, but there was just no. way. Cain could do that and be himself. It was a 100% IC choice, even when I knew it would make the OOC aspect harder. I tried to put rules in place to mitigate things, but it was all Cain could do.

Thank you to everyone who RP'd with me on both sides of that issue, and just in general. I tried to add to the CF experience with Cain and make a positive impact with constant RP. My logins are pretty unpredictable these days - started a new job, and it takes a ton of time (and is also the first I can't cf from work with), so if that created any frustrations for people, my apologies. CF really is a passion of mine, and so thank you all for making this possible.

I will miss people in these goodbyes, but here's some standouts:

Battle -
Thror, I said it above but you're just a joy to RP with. Thank you for everything you did for Cain, and sorry to delete on you.

Arratok - I am 100% a fan of yours, and glad I chose you for DM. You're a really deep char and I really enjoyed our interactions. IC Cain loved your story, so good luck and sorry to leave you as the only leader.

Kelarin - Cain felt so betrayed by your choice, but OOC I thought it was really ballsy and I was just a little sad to lose a friend. Good char, thanks for the induct :)

Salyeris - super cold to other welfs, but I loved your presence and missed the competant bard so much. I cannot fathom you having lasted over double Cain's hours. That takes some serious, serious determination and my hat's off to you for it.

Aulrathdien - thank you for teaching me the things you did. I'm sorry we didn't see eachother more.

Vaaslin/your arial - Damn you for deleting on me - several times. You're a good guy to have on your side.

Gyit - You were so, so awesome. Cain's role even mentions you - I'm sorry you weren't around longer, but huge kudos.

Kirlator - very solid char, we had a great time in the rites. Log on more, but only if its fun :)

Other villagers - thanks gais - most of you were really solid. Keep trucking, and treat eachother and your enemies with respect.

Nexus-
Didn't get to RP with most of you, but you were all super super classy.

Iklahn - You're great. It was SO frustrating to fight you at times. I took an edge just for your damned bedouin dirtkick! We got snippy with eachother a bit, but the mutual respect was just too great. Thank you for all the kind words, you have a great presence.

Inerayo - Very respectful and classy. I could never pin you down, but I enjoyed speaking with you. Good luck upstairs.

Darikir - what a beast. You wiped the floor with me regardless of what I tried. Changing terrain only made you stronger. Well done sir, well done.

Carg - I love Carg. You learned a lot from defeat, and were always gracious and solid. Cain (and I) respect the hell out of you.

Scions - Didn't get to RP a ton with you either, but props to Zameida & Narisssaron. Buer - you just beasted me whenever my pants were down, it was frustrating but hey, I did the same to lots of villagers as Obregon, so I just had to grit my teeth and bear it.

Tribs - If it hadn't been for the Fort war, I would've declared war, but purely for IC reasons. You guys have a thankless role, but I never got a bad vibe or anything, so well done.

Fort....I had very mixed experiences here. Very mixed. There were some people that I did not like IC or ooc, and obviously Oshui was one of them - I won't trashtalk, but I was not a fan. Perhaps I just have a different definition of being good, and maybe it was unfair of me as a player to hold the current fort to my own standards. I would like to say though that personalities were not why Cain let the war go on - see above, it was just the only thing he could do in his RP. Some of you were a pleasure though. Rydell, super persistent but very acolyte-y, so thank you for your efforts - I did appreciate it a lot. The conjurer who deleted pre-acolyte, same to you - very classy to come, dismiss your pets and talk to me with your neck on the chopping block.

Krunk - you ####ing beast. Jesus you beat the snot out of me so much. I never got you, and i tried literally everything I could think of. I took edges just for fighting you, too, but it was never enough. Great job. I love orcs, and Krunk was no exception.

I know I'm missing a ton of folks, but thank you all. I've let notable chars/leaders auto before, and that feels ####ty, so I just had to stop when the fun went away. When it became an obligation or chore to login, I knew it was time. Thanks again all. I am a hapless addict and I'll be around.

Cainargen, aka Treebeard, aka Obregon, Fulgrum, Thoric, Gondrak and a lot more.

113073, Agreed...
Posted by Bukbuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char. More later, when this system stops ####ing with me.
113074, Cain was a stand out rager
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish my RP didn't really make it impossible for me to name you DM before I died since you were certainly a good choice, but sometimes things just take unexpected turns and I went with Abiritha. (They told me the Rites would happen once I died even if I named another DM- so I didn't let anything but RP color my choice for Abiritha)

Was nice to hear you and Kontoln both got up there to lead for a time after I left, I'm sure you did a fantastic job with it and I'm sure the village will miss having you around.

Hope to see you in the fields again, I enjoyed Obregon a lot too FWIW.
113075, Good job
Posted by Gredoor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you a lot and thought you did everything extremely well. This is a huge loss for the Village.
113085, Sorry I left you out.
Gredoor gave Cain hope, and you are definitely one of my favorites of the current ragers. Stay strong man (like I can talk) - its quite a ride.
113076, RE: Thank you Everyone. It was Great.
Posted by Andira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for not taking me up on my offer to end the war. It was exactly what my character would do, and I was completely ready to accept the consequences but that didn't mean I wanted to do it! I understand your reasons ICly for not being able to end everything, and it's too bad we didn't have a chance to talk more. You seemed like a good character from my point of view.
113086, Nothing? After all the times I gave you wood?
Posted by Jawn Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cairn was a top-notch character and I enjoyed our interactions very much. I wish there could have been more, but there's only so many hours in a day.

You were (from my perspective) a top notch villager. I know how hard that is to try to do, and you're right about the microscope.

Still, you were a class act every step of the way and I'm sorry that you're not eligible for a shot at the Pillar.

Keep them coming and glwyn
113087, I can't believe I left you out too. You gave me SUCH wood!
Seriously, Jawn is a great character. You were Cain's only living friend from the old days, and I literally always smiled when I saw Jawn Foote.

I am in awe of your longevity, poise and skill. Well done sir.
113089, Jawn - you made me LOL - You gave him WOOD! nt
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
113106, RE: Thank you Everyone. It was Great.
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cainargen was an absolute pleasure. He was such an unassuming BattleRager and I agree with his peers that he should have become Commander far sooner.

You were gritty. Everything you did was about the good of the Village. It was so reassuring to see this. What a successful approach to not only my religion but to the Village as well. I had every expectation that this was a Veteran Villager but I've come to be surprised that it's the non-vets that are breathing life and more importantly spirit back into the village.

Fantastic job with this character. I really wish he would have gritted it out a little longer in order to make that place on the Pillar. He was definitely moving in the right direction.

PS - The Battle vs Fort War decision is a hard one. I'm interested to see which direction the next Commander decides to take it.

113119, Sodding 'ells.
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Treebeard I had three people pegged for this and you were one of them.
I mean that as a huge compliment because I thought the absolute world of Cain. Such a classy, and high caliber player, only makes sense that it was such an amazing character.

In role I am going to have to make some adjustments, because I had learned a lot of "proper etiquette" speaking and acting around more civil people. Not sure if you picked up on that but the more time we hung around each other the less accented and broken up I tried to lay on the speech, and the less gruff and disturbing were the jibs and what not. Rak however was such a dwarven dwarf that he counteracted it a bit because hell it was just too much fun to go back and forth with it hahaha.

We had some log talks about things, and I always felt like I knew which way you had to go, and which ways I could slowly tug at to lend influence yet not overstep. Thanks for the vote on DM, I honestly don't think the imm's thought I stood a chance

I am really sad that you deleted, because like you I honestly believe you are pillar worthy.

I am really glad to have been able to play side by side with you, and this is a huge loss for the village as a whole.

If you haven't already picked up your PBF it's on me buddy.

I feel like this couldn't have come at a worse time, as my play time has been down a bit lately but now its back up again so I will try to shoulder the mantle for the village. Don't worry about that I will get it done.

I really don't know what else to say, there is so much to say, and so much that goes without saying.

Have a great one, I really hope we cross paths again one way or another. Good luck out there!!

Man this really sucks though.
113121, RE: Thank you Everyone. It was Great.
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Darikir

It has been a while, so its hard for me to even get in the right mind set. I think I managed to win most of our fights while you were still getting up there in edges and skills. I am pretty sure had I faced you in full steam it would have gone poorly for me.

Maelreon/Krenke

I did not get to run with you as much as I would like, but after fighting Salyeris, Kelarin, and Cainargen I knew I had to make a rager. After my last character being such a cookie cutter, I had tried to make Maelreon unique but unfortunately that made him scion food. Krenke was just an experiment that made me realize that I do not like playing assassins.

The more I play both sides of this war the more I realize that what really makes both sides fun is leadership. As Darikir, I never realized how much I owed Nexus actually having an active membership to Iklahn's hard work. As Krenke, I soon realized that you were accomplishing much the same thing. An interesting mark you left on the village is the pure number of wood-elves now living there.
113133, What are your thoughts on scion powers, flyto/murder, RBW, and questform?
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on these things, because you've played amazingly superb characters on both sides of the fence recently and these seem to be "hot topic" buttons in discussions and prominent in-game features.

I'm hoping to learn something high level about how you thought about each, how they mix, or just your thoughts/ideas in general.
113134, You kicked some serious arse
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I went into fights with you hoping that I lasted more than 3-5 rounds, if I did, then I called that a win. I still remember the time you almost two rounded Carg, I think I had one spell off, and then it was time to word.

You were classy to fallen foes, and while we didn't talk much I got a good feeling from you.

Congratulations on a great villager.

--Mylene
113137, RE: Thank you Everyone. It was Great.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a lot of fun to watch, and damn you hit hard and made the wood elf edges look insane. Just don't spit in the face of the Ancient Knight next time! :)

Battlerager is definitely a hard cabal to age die in. Not just because of the constant danger, but really because of the constant, uninterrupted PK/raids.
113070, Boo...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess I'll have to wait longer to try a villager... Always a crapshoot with commanders but Krunk dug you, so I assume the being on the same side would have been even better.
113066, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Cainargen the Carnal Savage, Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge
Posted by Louveray on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really sad to see this. Cainargen was amazing to interact with as both Ezgrint and Louveray. You were an incredible character and IMO deserved Commander much earlier.