Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Bingham Anderson the Mystery
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113024
113024, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Bingham Anderson the Mystery
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 16 11:37:22 2013

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Bingham perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:157
113025, Time's up!
Posted by Daning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun for the most part.

I made Bingham just to take care of an itch. Never had a serious binder before, and after seeing some logs I wanted to give it a go myself. Why I rolled nexus I probably never will understand. The cabal as a whole just escapes me, and often I was just sitting there with nothing to do. I'm not a very pro-active player, so when my pk range dried up or became just a chore, my interest in playing just went out the door.

I tried to play Bingham as an overly positive and cheerful guy, who was slow to anger and just didn't care much what others think. I've come to learn that playing that dark brooding, always scheming bloodthirsty sonuvabitch just sucks the fun out of me. I definately liked this more.

Been busy with life, and I just lost touch with the character. My last proper login resulted in ganking the crap out of Giafersy, and I'm very pleased with that! ;D

Binders are fun, when it pans out. Mostly I felt like it didn't, but that's likely a lot due to my inability to just take a breath and be methodical. I would mess up my timing all the time, and there were plenty of failed pk attempts. I did get used to prepping, which is cool.

A few names that stood out during my 150~hours.

Baylahn:
Weird ####ing character! I always felt like you were on the edge of throwing a massive tantrum, but you never did, that I know of anyway. I liked you regardless, and you were really friendly and helpful. Good talks, I didn't agree with you on a few things, and I wanted to make something out of our disagreements, but I just didn't have the time or energy for it at the end.

Mylene:
Didn't see an awful lot of you, and when our time meshed, you were off doing something or the other. Strong solid leader I think. Thanks for the induct :)

Treyliu:
Great job, and I tried to work your con-death into my character although I don't think I managed to do that at all. Liked you, but never got your idea on the whole balance deal. Had hoped to talk more but you decided to go and get yourself killed instead.

Tirlan:
You were either the most cowardly paladin I've ever encountered, or you were working some pacifist angle. That one time in Silverwood I was cursing out loud at how strong CB is. Only got the jump on you a second time after that, but no dice. You barely left the city from what I could see.

Kelnith:
Stealing your Armaggedon and pawning it off for 100g. Worth it. Didn't like how freaked the hell out over one item and threatened to full me first chance you'd get. No one is scared of being told they'll be full looted, and it doesn't make you cool either. Less of that, more swinging, man.

Giafersy:
My nemesis. You made me nervous because well, detect hidden. Sorry about that awful beating you recieved on eastern, it was brutal.

That wood-elf dagger rager I forgot the name of, you are a punk. Everytime I stole your daggers I just giggled, knowing that it pissed you off. Same goes for you, threatening to full loot makes no one cool and it isn't scary.

Rostrak:
Way to go sticking to your guns and refusing to bend over to me trying to ransom your ####. I can totally see why you didn't want to part with the gloves, even though I got them in the end!

Gyit:
The most annoying thing to fight, ever. I thoroughly enjoyed fighting you, and I thoroughly hated how we'd trade weapons like that. Me stealing, you grappling. Tough bugger. Fun talks, even though they were brief.

Time for a break, but as always I'll be back at some point.

Thanks to the imms for doing a terrific job! :)
113027, Faded away
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Used to see you a lot and was always bugged about how often you could instantly flee from anything I threw at you prior to entwine. Over all you were FAST. I didn't get the impression that you REALLY pissed people off with stealing because you never really could with me I guess, but I know you got some people sore over it. I totally understand how a character becomes a chore, and less and less fun. It's hard as a player to keep wanting to put time and effort in, when you are getting very little in return. Hopefully your next trial is a bit more pleasurable, keep with the positive char though if you like that more, a brooding angry bastard of a char somehow becomes a brooding angry bastard of a player I have found.

Take care out there.
113028, RE: Faded away
Posted by zsm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I made it a point to avoid you. I despised your build just for how dead it would make me if entwine landed. Gave me a real fright when we bumped into eastern and you evaded my garrotte and I evaded your entwine. After that, I stayed the hell away.

I always carried return scrolls with me after that, just for the sake of escaping your entwine ^^
113029, You can't recite while fighting I think
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just an FYI in case you try that route in the future when entwined.