Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rhamon the Communer of Famine
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=113020
113020, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rhamon the Communer of Famine
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 16 09:42:51 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Rhamon perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:36
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:108
113032, Please tell me your lastname was Soup. nt
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
113022, Goodbye
Posted by Rhamon_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It has been a mixed bag. I was very sastisfied with PvE. Lots of
interesting quests and areas. The shaman skillset was very nice,
though I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to use and when in PK.
I would have liked to learn more PK, but my role did not allow for
raiding Tribunal, and there were almost no enemies during my play
times. So I was basically left with just RP and that was difficult
and ultimately unsatisfying. I wanted to be cheerful and provide
inspiration, but whenever I met someone I didn't know what to
say. Perhaps it is due to being ESL.
Bummer.

Immortals. I am very grateful for the empowerment. You could probably tell I was struggling, but I did try. Thank you.

Drezin. I hope you have fun. You were one of the few enemies who played when I did and I imagine you have your hands full.

Nythos. Thank you for your patience and guidance. I was so elated when you inducted me out of the blue. Totally nice.

Leyras. Stylish. I don't know why you were so kind to Rhamon, I guess it was just good goodie RP ;-)

Auldr. Good RP. I enjoyed our talk when I deleted. It was a nice touch at the end.
You have something going, which is commendable. Best of luck with your plans.

Gembu. Funny guy. I hope you have a lot of fights on your hands. I should have been evil.
113026, RE: Goodbye
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't interact with this character much, but you did PK me and you didn't come across as bad with language at all in our post death exchange.

Thing is, if you think your range is short on enemies, you can always hero.. though being a goodie outlander you'd have take turns with all your allies hunting people ;)

Nevermind.. GLWYN
113037, RE: Hero range
>Thing is, if you think your range is short on enemies, you can
>always hero..

I did consider it, but from what I could see on the who list there wasn't really that many
evils. Furthermore, I had trouble figuring out what to do at lvl 35. I doubt it would be easier
at hero.

Seeing your other posts I must say you have stuck it out to the end with your chars.
Impressive! I hope my next will last longer.
113031, I couldn't tell you were new to CF really...
Posted by Gembu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.. Just seemed like a pacifist warder. A shame we didn't get to interact more. There are tons of enemies and I tend to get caught up in the PK, which gives me little time to RP. hah!

Good luck with your next! Join the evil side!
113036, RE: I couldn't tell you were new to CF really...
Well, I have played CF before, but the last time was four years ago, so there was a lot of
new stuff and things I had never experienced or just plain forgotten.

>.. Just seemed like a pacifist warder.

Part of the problem was my role. I thought the sun priest would be neat and there probably would be lots of evils. Four years ago there was tons of Empire at all times, so I simply assumed that would still be the case.

> There are tons of enemies and I tend to get
>caught up in the PK, which gives me little time to RP. hah!

You know...that sounds bloody fun :-)
Good luck.
113033, What does ESL stand for?
Posted by Curious George on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I assume it means being from europe but what does ESL literally stand for?
113034, English Second Language
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing to do with Europe
113035, English Second Language (NT)
fgf
113082, RE: Goodbye
Posted by Leyras on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wish you had talked to me before this decision :) Giant shamans can be midlevel powerhouses who take apart groups of three in all in a day's work, so I thought your character had a lot of potential. And empowered chars aren't so easy to get, so don't throw away opportunities.

At the hero range, you don't have to raid the Spire, just stand in the open and 6 flyto/murder players will descend, with the thieves and assassins on their way. Remember, Nexuns will hunt you if the balance is swinging and many neutral Tribs don't distinguish between Wardens and Reavers. Also, there are many thieves/assassins at your range who won't show themselves, even for a retrieval, although also some really brave ones.

Leyras in general tries to be kind to anyone good aligned, and esp to anyone lower level who seemed like they were still figuring things out. I guess that is part of good/elf RP. For you in particular, I really liked your calm, happy go lucky demeanor and thought it deserved some positive attention. And also, frankly, the Refuge could really use a shaman at hero ranges. Having a summoner can really be a game changer for terrain limited characters like rangers, or really anyone.

Hero range swings from being no enemies to all enemies, and everything in the middle. But honestly, two scions are enough to mow down 8 medium powered goodies, so the numbers don't tell the story. I wish your char had talked to Leyras about the situation, so you could make a more informed choice.