Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Baylahn Clairsage the Heartbreaker, Not the Only Wolverine in the Weald
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112962
112962, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Baylahn Clairsage the Heartbreaker, Not the Only Wolverine in the Weald
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 13 16:58:44 2013

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Baylahn perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:302
113043, Always loved hanging you! Nt
Posted by Rachiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
113042, Always loved hanging you! Nt
Posted by Rachiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
113011, Oh Dear :(
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a big loss, you were amazing and I had so much fun with you. I had a feeling that you would win the Meter position so I was surprised with the vote. I honestly play as much as I possibly can, which makes for some weird hours / times of day as life allows me to and every moment that you were around I knew there would be some excitement.

Thank you for all of your help, your discussions, as well as some fun RP opportunities I haven't had the chance to have before.

You really stood out on the Isle, and I'm glad you were rewarded for it, I'm not sure how much the doubting was your characters personality vs the players but in my opinion your reward was deserved.

--Mylene
112994, Sad to see you go. Spicy character. n/t
Posted by Tholos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n.t
112970, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Baylahn Clairsage the Heartbreaker, Not the Only Wolverine in the Weald
Posted by Inerayo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Reading your goodbyes, I am more than extremely happy to say that I never once heard you break your RP. You were always a very, sometimes exceedingly, cheerful person who was always good natured and helpful. I loved the fact that you played your character like you did and I'm glad that you enjoyed the character.

I tried to give you some helpful and constructive talks, and it's hard to do that from my position currently as I do not see as much as I did when I was leading the Island. I would have liked to have seen what you did as Meter. I hope that what I did say when I had the chance was helpful to you and once again, I'm glad you had a good time with this character.

Good luck with your next.
112971, Most certainly, you were an AWESOME presence.
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love when characters hero imm and keep staying active with their cabals. Probably never seen a better example of this before in regards to your and Iklahn. It was cool hearing your wisdom and experiences and it made for some neat in depth philosophical talks and I highly suggest you keep doing it because I think it really bolsters and adds another dimension to the cabal.

Thanks for everything Watermarked :-)
112966, Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
I rolled up Baylahn because I hadn't had a Nexun since Kyaltaru I don't think and it seemed like they didn't have too many strong characters at the time so I wanted to help jump start them back up. She was pretty much just a semi-socially awkward lesbian with an almost *too* sunny disposition that was amazed at how awesome life was once she started meeting people outside of Hillcrest and she highly valued life and love and just attempting to make everyone's life better. You're always going to have the few times where you weren't successful in this, but it was very rare and overall 95% of her interactions played out the way I wanted them to... I loved her RP with people.

I often get too stuck on the pk aspect of CF so I tried to detach myself from it to put as much focus as I could on exploring/RP'ing/helping people learn and whatnot. She was never scared of a fight and doing what she needed for balance, but for the most part tried to avoid it with a few exceptions and vendettas she built up. I definitely played way too much, but being on christmas break mixed with going through some rough times irl kept having me log in, but I still enjoyed every moment.

I also never had a Rayihn follower before and wanted to give it a shot, and it was above and beyond anything I ever expected. Truly a fun experience. So anyways, on to some goodbye's and anyone I miss, I'd be happy to reply back to.

Treyliu- I gave most of my goodbye on your death thread... but you really inspired Baylahn and your RP and tremendous amount of integrity was inspiring and you were an amazing Rhyme & character overall... I was so glad to have known you.

Mylene- You pretty much fit this exact same bill, except your old leathery ass is still kicking. Great continued job as Meter, the only possible critique I could make against you is your playing time but RL > CF and you make up for it with how hard you go when you're online and you take care of the Island in a great way.

Carg- Hah, man I loved you. You were *always* excited and ready to fight for the balance... you ate some horrendous deaths while with me and made me feel kind of bad sometimes but I could tell you were still finding your groove on CF and you are doing a great job in that. Great Rhyme and I loved running with you and teaching you things.

Haj- I was hoping my whole life a competent arial sword spec would pop up similar to Darikir and then you came :) You're an awesome character and I wish you the best with the rest of your character... enjoyed running with you the few times we were able.

Hayz- You're a fun bard and have all the potential in the world. You're similar to Haj in that I didn't have really that many time we went out to do things, but when we did, you always proved competent with a great attitude and hope everything pans out well.

Meainnaphi- I felt like you were my little gnome protege so I put a lot of time into helping you with ranking and exploring to spin that darn wheel :) It paid off very well for you and you have everything laid out in front of you to succeed so I hope you do!

Olthundor- You seem like a future bad ass in the making. I loved your dwarven attitude, it seemed like any time you were on, you were fighting any and everyone that was upsetting the balance. Great character that I have no doubt will make a mark.

Bingham!- You were one of my best little buddies and you cracked my #### up constantly. You're an awesome thief and we had some funny conversations that always kept the Island fresh for me. I'm glad you're still around and just busy, I thought you had disappeared!

Between Lum, Kanaan, Ranoofaluu, Ferik, Kuugore, Pzoart, and others I'm sure I'll regret missing, there's an incredibly huge amount of Nexuns on the come up, I hope I inspired a few to be there and tried to help all of you as much as I could!

Outside of the Island...

Chancellor- You're an awesome evil well RP'd character. That time I helped the Maran's get their orb back and you unleashed the rage of the nine hells on me really stretched me thin trying my ass off just merely to survive you, and you we relentless. I liked how mysterious you were, an unwilling you were to share your private life with me, yet still emanate solid RP when you had the chance, I dug you.

Zhenyen- See above, we had some really fun talks just about life and the way things are in general and I felt the same about you.

Naitan- I was a little wary of you at first, but you really came through on helping me often when I needed it and I appreciated it. You definitely know how to dance.

Kurbrawn- My gosh you've been around forever lol, I loved when light tipped and we were able to hunt together though, we were a beastly combo of a team.

Charice- We got off on the wrong foot but I could tell it was all RP and I'm glad we fixed things and rolled together sometimes. You were a fun bard and I really hope you didn't delete, I haven't seen you around!

Cainargen- You are such a bad ass Commander. I love when Commander's don't *just* take the approach of "You're a mage, #### off and die" mentality and we had some cool talks and very fun fights. I really liked you.

Fiddleben- Words can't really cover our relationship. You were truly one of the most influential characters in Baylahn's life and there were multiple times where I literally spit coffee on my keyboard from you making me laugh so hard. You me and Rock were such a fun trio and we had some of the best adventures I've ever had on CF. A truly amazing character that I cherished.

Rockeano- Same as Fiddleben man, my gosh, you dying really wrecked me and I missed you more than I ever missed a character leaving.

Rachiel- You were the #### haha, such a well RP'd fun to be around Herald that always was there for me. Thanks for all the fun times and talks you gave me, I appreciated them.

Aearonor- You were great and I liked you a lot even though you were kind of new to the scene. We really didn't interact too much but I really dug you.

Whiysdan- Thanks for all the chats and fun times and I'm pretty sure my title came from you. You are such a bad ass IMM and easily the best new addition to the staff in my opinion. You were great and I love your quirky different style RP.

Rayihn- My gosh, I've never spent more time with an Immortal I was following maybe in all my characters put together lol. I had such amazing talks and times with you and I'm going to miss not being able to talk to you at night anymore :( Thank you for everything you did, the tattoo, and those dream echoes that I totally didn't deserve that you went out of your way to put together for me. You were far and above the biggest reason Baylahn felt special to me and I'm so insanely happy I have a follower of yours under my belt now. An absolutely fantastic experience and I cherished every single moment.

Edited to add: Thror- Thank you so so so very much for the AWESOME way you RP'd with me to give me the blink dog. It was a really special time for me and I very much appreciate you choosing me as one of your winners. A HUGE thanks to you.

Ok, I'm ranting and I'll leave it at this, if anyone else wants to reply I'll shoot one back and good luck to everyone!

-TripHitNdip

112968, Few things to say.
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. I wish I could say that I am sad to see this, but I am not.

That being said, THE ONLY reason I am not, is god damn you were impossible to beat hahaha.

I try not to get in on forms being OP and all that ####. I won't comment on how it was obtained or how many hours you had or whatever because that doesn't matter to me. It's up to the Imm's to decide what ever they are going to decide and when everyone gets all panties in a twist its lame because it nukes things for everyone in the end.

I will say that there was no way in hell that I could solo you.
I would have zero chance to seal a kill simply because you could outlast my ability to keep you in place i.e. entwine at a cursed location or could simply word, or flat out kill me if things didn't go exactly my way. I honestly don't have a problem with that though. I don't think that I should be able to best everything in the game, the build just isn't that tough in the grand scheme of things. I do think however that when my self and Cain can't come at you together and put you down that it goes a long way to one, point out that you have a clear and decisive ability to pk, and avoid pk (deaths). Two that that form was pretty damn sweet :) Three that while being damn sweet and very powerful, it wasn't overpowered as you could get away from it, and I did a decent amount.

Although we did have a few chats here and there I am sorry that I never really got into RP with your char. Having recognized that you won the role contest I had wanted to brush up on it and see what it was all about, just never really had the opportunity I suppose, which I only blame myself for. It was clear that you affected a large number of players for the better and that's a great thing.

Congrats on the character, and on the rewards, and thanks for being a challenge and a constant dynamic part of the game.

112969, I knew I was forgetting people!
You were cool as #### to me and the few times we did get to RP it was always that good mutual respect among enemies. I think any time you ever died to me it was merely you just never being able to get the jump before I fully zapped up, I'm pretty alert in game. But you had me worried there for a moment in Kiadana tho. I got the luckiest where on you while gathering items for the veil (I posted it) and probably would have died had I not seen you.

Thanks for the kind comments though, and I enjoyed every fight and interaction I had with you.
112976, RE: Few things to say.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not to detract from anything you said, but...

> damn you were impossible to beat hahaha.

I'm guessing there are some characters who feel this way about Arratok as well. Solo, at least.
112987, Agreed :) -nt
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt, I say, nt
112977, Great interactions.
Posted by Nizetr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't talk much, our first (I think) interaction was me ambushing you in veran and then screwing up letting your whole gruop away. (Not that I was even close at getting you.)

After that, everything you said basically just spouted with hate and anger as someone really should as they've been ambushed out of the blue, many people do this, but they do it in a way that comes off very oocish, you didn't, it all felt perfectly ICly and not the slightest whiny, so I hope you take this as a compliment. (I can only hope that my continious banter against you was recieved the same. heh)
112980, We really scared them.
Posted by Kurbrawn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were beastly while being fun to interact with, and to me that's the perfect combo. Having fought the blink dog I have to say, damn it's a nice form. Don't worry about people bitching about it being OP, they do that just because it's easy and it's something to do ;) GLWYN

We really scared the #### out of people when we were grouped *nightlaugh*
112988, RE: Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for the occasional zapping. -Duvam.
112992, RE: Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
Posted by Carg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Words cannot express how sad this makes me. I was thrilled with how much of a bruiser you were, and I always appreciated the traipsing about with you. Thanks for all the tips, they have helped me tremendously. Oh that the Isle would have four or five beefcakes as cunning and mean as you. It would be an easy thing to keep the world in hand, eh? I hope that your next goes well!
113000, RE: Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I still had such plans for you! I was working on the next dream and everything else we'd been talking about lately.

But I do understand why you deleted and thank you for letting me know.

I know life in the Bathhouse can get overwhelming sometimes and I couldn't blame you for avoiding it when the whole crew was in there throwing a party. I tried to let you know when I'd have a moment here or there to dedicate real time to you and I think that worked out well.

All around I really enjoyed and loved this character. You had some stubborn moments where I could tell you were feeling the friction but those were pretty far and few in between, and in general you were a really great Islander and follower of Rayihn.

Glad you enjoyed it and good luck with whatever comes next. :)
113012, RE: Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yup, the title was all me. I'm glad you enjoyed the interactions. I had a real blast watching you RP the heartbreaker title out. Led to some really interesting conversations.

Best of luck with whatever is next!

=w=
113040, RE: Baylahn was a fun ride, big thanks to everyone.
Posted by Velkurah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fearsome, I gotta say. I don't think I could have beaten you in most conceivable matchups, though there wasn't many ways you were going to get me unless I made a mistake. Neutrals are always a chore for goody priests, what with the 33% increase in damage over evil foes.

I hope you weren't really angry that time we were interacting about attacking you in Hamsah - I couldn't tell if it was your RP or not. I was trying to get across my very poor comprehension of the laws and such as a chaotic arial who grew up in the wilderness, but I'm not sure it was working. Also, I never actually lied; the way the Tribs phrased their questions (poorly) made it unnecessary. :P

Good luck with your next.

Aarn/Skiarn
113046, Dang it
Posted by Brahm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gone for the week 'cause of school and stuff and all my friends deleting on me! >:-l
112965, WTF?
Posted by Kuugore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really? I still say that your forms were incredible even before the dog and did enjoy the time we got to spend together. I was looking forward to learning some things from you, Maethien, in particular. Maybe I'll be able to catch you with another char before long. GLWYN
112967, Haha, I agree with you!
I certainly got blessed on my forms. This is possibly over my 25-30th hero shapeshifter and by far my favorite combo I've ever had since Teldasill, I've also had some of the trashiest combos so it feels good for the time to pay off again.

I really hope your next form is something worthwhile for you, and OMG I'm *so* sorry we had such a rough trip in HLK that night. The cards just weren't falling for us.

But you have great presence and I know if you just stick with it you are going to be a memorable person.
112975, RE: Haha, I agree with you!
Posted by Kuugore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You recall that conversation we had about how nice it would be if I kept what I had and gained a reptile later? Well that happened, too bad you weren't around to find out IC.
112963, Sadface : (
Posted by Haj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You made the Island the past few weeks. I owe you big time.