Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nalasel the Student of the Macalla, Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112939
112939, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nalasel the Student of the Macalla, Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 12 05:34:43 2013

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Nalasel perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:64
112940, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nalasel the Student of the Macalla, Imperial Blade
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems that I'm not tuned to play this game at all.. :(

with -50 saves and calming my 1000 hp finished Nalasel in five wrathes. Also using a spear (and obviously a dagger) dwarf and elf monks and even storm avenger could out melee? I expected much more from STSF, seems that I was wrong.

Anyway.. I'm not to play a serious char anymore at least for sometime.. I'm just a target for anyone to gain additional PK, which is not something I can stand anymore.
The reason for my weak PK is not just my own weakness, but also my crappy connection. I lost three cons in about 4 hours to a shifter, two druids and three paladins, JUST because I could almost see nothing when the combat began. I think my connection is somehow marginally handling real-time CF actions, so if a little more bandwidth is needed (fighting or running long distances for example), the connection fails me.

Anyway, I liked all the citizens, but let me not bring names here.
I'm not upset or angry by those who hunted Nalasel relentlessly, none at all. Actually I liked you all too, and hope you all better CF experiences.

I wish you all, reliable CF connections.
112941, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nalasel the Student of the Macalla, Imperial Blade
Posted by Aearonor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. I really enjoyed hunting for daggers with you that one night. I was hoping to get to know you better and do some more exploring. GLWYN and see you in the fields.
112950, Thanks for those daggers.
I could keep them almost to my deletion. Used them a lot!
112945, Sorry to see you go
Posted by Yuolud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, fought you twice, second time you got me warranted which frankly was worse for Yuolud than dying because of all the guard killing. Sorry to see you go, was looking forward to rematches. I wasn't sure if you were being sincere when you said "I don't understand what is going on!" I'm less sure now that I've seen you've been around for a little while :)

Yes, hero range warrior is really a bucket of cold water. Every other class is designed with the gold standard of being able to crush an unprepped warrior with mediocre eq at hero range with their natural class abilities. Paladins are actually the easy fight, they have a hard time stopping you from running and it's rare even the best equipped can two-round you. Then again, check out past imperial characters like Hunsobo and Eleagra. Well planned, prepared, equipped, and skilled warriors with good internet connections are among the more deathful things there are in the game.

112948, To be honest, I planned that case in Galadon :D
Sorry for that, but you were much stronger than me those days. I loved to have a chance for a rematch, when I learned STSF and had my dagger skills mastered, but probably you could easily win again because for sure my connection would backstab me again.
The only time, I had a good connection while PvP, was fighting a storm warrior, near Palace, and he was 5 ranks above me, but he managed to run writhing, and I was still slightly wounded. (It was obvious that with STSF, same thing could happen even if my connection had failed. So nothing especial on my part, or nothing foolish on his).
112946, Sorry to see this! I liked you..could tell you were newer, but I wanted to help. nt
Posted by Magroi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
112949, I liked to have a chance to try imperial defense/offense.
Sorry I removed a blade from your forces, but honestly, I was nothing that beneficial either, and I had just about 6 con.

p.s. I had about 300,000 donation. How close I was to get an elite position?
112951, That was certainly enough gold...but like I said..the spots
Posted by Magroi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
are limited and there may have been other considerations for the War Master and Emperor. It wasn't up to me.
112947, I can't call myself that new anymore, but Obviously I am still a noob.
But I had a few problems which consisted of:
1. Most of the good equipment I knew were so heavy that the dark-elf couldn't use as good as I liked.
2. I did expect much more from the STSF. Honestly, my performance with arial/STSF was much better than this dark-elf, with same weapons specs.
3. I didn't know much equipment for vs spells, but when with some helps I was able to make -50 vs spell for Nalasel, I got Mangled/***Demo*** with paladins' wrath, which was annoying to me, because I wasted a legacy for calming to get over those, but it seemed that it was not effective. (I think it was effective for not being summoned).
4. Most important, I have a great problem with my internet connection (Or better to say with my connection to CF) which ruins all the fun in many situations. I can't forget fighting a paladin in Hamsah (You know who you are, and you did well there), and my connection got so so laggy, that I couldn't even make out of the temple square to the market square after walking/fleeing about two minutes!
112952, Don't forget shield cleave
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or dirt disarm. But my point is you don't need to be an axe spec to cleave a shield.

A shield dedicant (defender?) is fairly reliant on having a shield in his hand. So if it is of a cleavable material and you cleave it, that one demolish probably won't be that significant compared with the damage you are doing to him.

A 2h dedicant is even more reliant on having a weapon in his hands. If you enlarge you might have a shot at lagging some out after the disarm.

It was such an issue for my last couple of 2h dedicants (avengers?) that I sacrificed a high damage weapon for a noremove one.

112955, Well two of the paladins were monks.
I tried dirt and disarm on the avenger, once. But again.. my connection just failed me to focus.