Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Angron of the Indomitable Will, Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112825
112825, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Angron of the Indomitable Will, Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 5 10:32:15 2013

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Angron perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:138
112826, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Angron of the Indomitable Will, Imperial Blade
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First warrior. Think I got more than 0 PKs this time, but all of them were ganks. Oh well. So still no improvement on Ryuko, but I'm going to blame that on being evil. I can only imagine what it's like being a scion mage pledge (ouch). I totally didn't roll one of those the other day and pick flaws..

Still had fun playing and tried to find ways to make this an influential character even without being deathful (even if it was a marked improvement on Eldrinoth). This mostly consisted of overgearing oaths/younger Imperials.

The Imm love was much appreciated, although I actually think I got it too early. I wasn't particularly feeling tested when I got titled but there were a couple of points when I felt the urge to delete;delete and didn't because I had a reputation to uphold. With that said, I must confess I still had 20 practices and deliberately ate a few stupid deaths toward the end.

Empire:

Charice: Boy did Angron hate himself some Charice. I think more than half my role entries were bitching about you in some form or another. That demote was one of the times I almost hit delete. Conversely, having a strong character like that means you're a good player, so kudos.

Kurbrawn: Much respect, I don't think I ever saw you die and whenever you logged on I was going to end up with an assist. Really worthy of the title of Emperor. I hope someone can step up when you eventually kick the bucket because really you're worth three of any any other character in Empire right now.

Duraskandr: Not quite Kurbrawn but there was still that sense of relief that the cavalry was here when you logged on. Couple of witty turns of phrase there too.

Others: Encouraging/advising/gearing Imperials was in my view my biggest contribution to the Empire. I think the Empire is in a better state now than it was when I arrived, I like to think I played some part in that. I kind of wish some of you had heroed before I died, but I was already becoming frustrated by the limitations of my build. Blacks, you gotta stop deleting. Also someone roll another healer, supplications are why fort ruins us. Hit them with some black shrouded Blades and see how far wrath spam gets them.

Enemies:

Appreciated those of you who took the time to RP your kills (eg Daerynus). Even saw some of that from Oshui on this character, who I'd previously suspected of being a PKW-stat padding powergamer. Tirlan, you did come off like this. Can't even let a guy grab some ragesteel before yet another wordless PK? Weak. Rydell, that accidental full loot really hurt, I think my blaze of glory might have been more glorious if I was wielding a sword of darkness rather than an imperial longsword, but there you go.

Allies/neutrals: Sometimes I felt I should have tried harder to bash you down and loot your stuff, to be more evil. Instead contented myself to make much needed allies.

Immortals: You're awesome, thanks.

Probably forgotten something.

Really enjoyed the final death. Was expecting to go down mid-retrieval but ended up back at the palace with the orb.

As I said in my last two death threads, probably going to ease off on the CF for a little while...
112827, Rest in peace, Blade.
Posted by Kurbrawn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you died a lot but I wasn't aware it was this much. Kudos to you for sticking it out. Don't worry about all the deaths though, think about what you learned and build on it. I did notice improvement in you fighting, especially after you got titled. I was glad they gave you some imm love after the demotion. Imperial life can be rough at times. The title fit you well, your will could not be broken, and that's a big part of being a true Citizen. I hope you had fun, and good luck with you next *wink*
112828, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Angron of the Indomitable Will, Imperial Blade
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should try an assassin. Fort usually doesn't have many members with detect hidden, so it's less crappy for you when they have a ton of people online.
112829, RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Angron of the Indomitable Will, Imperial Blade
Posted by Charice Boulderaire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's really sad to hear that you "hated" me when I particularly rooted for you. Which is why I was hard on you. You had the rp as well as the courage needed to serve as a soldier. I simply wanted to give you some tips to bring you to the next level. But every opportunity I got to try so you would make a slick comment or try and throw something in my face. I didn't come at you ooc I came at you as a Warmaster who had to keep some type of hand on her soldiers. I had a soft spot for you, and with that took a lot more from you than I did from any of my other blades. I also had many times where I thought a demotion was necessary but hung on for the simple fact that you where a necessity to the blade sect in your own way. If I ruined the game at all for you I am sorry, but I had to do certain things only to promote growth from you. I also made it known to the Emperor that you had a permanent seat as my Elite so long as you showed some growth in the right direction. I saw you had it tough and sympathized with you on that regard...anyways I'm probably rambling to much. But GLWYN...

I also enjoyed Ryuko ;)
112834, Was an IC thing
Angron was the bastard son of a noble and resented aristocracy. He joined the Empire because he thought he could thrive there on his own merit. He respected strength and felt Charice had gained power through her charisma. He understood she was important to the Empire but didn't want her as warmaster, and at the same time not ready for it himself. They became rivals at one point but Charice pulled ahead and he had to struggle to accept her as his leader, and sparks flew.

The fight before the demote I started out as you said. I started taking too much damage and got out of there. Figured I wouldn't leave you to die so I switched back to swords and ran in and flurried something, then escaped a hit from death. A few miscommunications surrounded that episode as well. By that time I knew I didn't have the con left for enough logins to regain elite, and if I did it would be disappointingly short lived.

Angron had a lot of issues with you but that allowed for character development which I appreciate as a player.
112830, Well done sticking with it.
Posted by Urses on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember you coming to Hamsah really dejected, usually as a ghost, and we'd talk about good days and bad days. Glad to see you stuck with it to the end.

Here are your funeral gechoes in case you missed them.

Imperial Centurions are called to active duty, regardless of what they were in the midst of.

At gambling halls, taverns, and whorehouses throught the Empire, they scramble to get into their Imperial accoutrements.

Swiftly lining up along the Avenue of Conquest, the lines of Imperial Centurions in full dress observe the passing of the funeral procession of Angron.

The procession passes quickly, as did Angron's life. Fittingly, the procession is a perfect example of Imperial pride and grace, as was Angron's life.

The procession passes and Angron is laid to rest. The Imperial Centurions, much like the rest of the Empire, move on.

112849, Indomitable Will Blade
Posted by Duraskandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Imperial Pride and Grace" are words that I would describe Angron's RP. Just the right amount of bile mixed with self-confidence and tone. GLWYN.
112831, It was good to know you. Sorry it ended so soon as I get older. nt
Posted by Magroi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
112832, I did feel sorry for you in the end...
Posted by Tirlan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But for the record, I don't generally RP with people I kill, or that kill me. It just doesn't jive with me that much. And I probably was overly harsh in hunting you, but I did try to give you some room to breath. I would try very hard not to hunt you more than once a log in outside of raid situations. I was pretty peaved at the "Good Riddance" I got from you when you and the other guy bashed me down. It was well done don't get me wrong, I couldn't do jack. But it's that kind of thing that makes me not want to interact with you during PK situations as it is.

Anyways, Kudos for sticking it out to CON death. Man, I don't think I'd have the stamina to take it like that. Well done.

GLWYN
112833, RE: I did feel sorry for you in the end...
Posted by Charice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He's a soldier what do you want him to say? It always leaves a bad taste in someones mouth when they run in kill you or whatever and leave without a word? if you are a priest don't you preach the holy fight. Usually you won't get much back in return but it's noted. And starts to build something between rival chars other than just "your dark i'm good I kill you dead"
112840, RE: I did feel sorry for you in the end...
I understand the preistly thing, but most of the time, I don't play characters who believe in redemption of evils so they wouldn't preach. But for the most part I avoid it because most of the time it feels to bleed OOC of "I just kicked your but. And I'll do it again." I'm probably jaded from interactions with others in the playerbase who like to trashtalk, and that just doesn't jive well with me.

If I find a chance to RP with an enemy outside of RP, I do try to make a point of it. But in PK, and immediately after, I may drop a nod or something, but I just don't want to stick around for someone else to gloat, and I don't want to come off as gloating myself.

For me it's not about powergaming, its about avoiding the crappy feelings of taunting/gloating post win/loss I guess.
112841, RE: I did feel sorry for you in the end...
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why can't it be an IC "I just kicked your butt, and I'll do it again"?

Honestly, post-PK is the best chance you get to RP with your enemies most of the time. Because if someone didn't just die, you're probably either hunting each other, or doing something completely different (like lvling).

Saying something like "Now you know the power of the Empire, join us or be crushed under our feet" after you kill someone is perfectly fine, and opens the window for some back-and-forth RP.

I can see, if it's an enemy that's been a nuisance to you for a while, an exasperated "Good riddance" is perfectly good RP. Honestly, unless it's something ridiculous like "Take that, bitch", I'd rather hear something from my enemies than just boring silence. It's an RP game after all, talking to each other is half the fun.
112842, RE: I did feel sorry for you in the end...
I guess I could work harder on it. Just hard for me with the funny ones and jerrokrars of Thera who I guess jaded me on post pk rp. Thanks guys for helping me head back down that path.
112836, It is very big mistake to try to learn how to pk at hero.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would learn how to pk much faster and save yourself a lot of time if you make the character to level-sit to pk in the middle levels.

In the only log you have posted on qhcf.net you could have used offhand;get 1.;flee;drink return and make your opponent look stupid. But you ranked to hero to flurry and it wasn't even an option for you.
112843, Agree with this
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And maybe not even "level-sit" exactly as just not level very fast.

It's way easier IMHO to learn what your particular character can do with half a dozen active combat skills and then add new ones into the mix one or two at a time, relearn, repeat, than it is to power to hero and try to figure out what a character of your race/class/cabal/etc. can do with their 50 abilities.
112858, I'm sure this is good advice in general
But there was a reason why I played this guy like I did. I spent a long time on Eldrinoth soloing, holding off on levelling and getting 100% in every skill I could. It wasn't very fun and it paid no dividends. Furthermore I think I ate over 30 mob deaths on the way up and only got a few hours at hero. Perversely enough, ranking fast is something I enjoy and I went from an 800 pen char to a 0 pen char and maybe got carried away with the change of pace and even wanted to see how quickly I could hero. That fed into an RP of being young, brave and foolhardy. I only ate one mob death on the way up (it was one of those times when I was in white health, had the mob convulsing and then it pulls out three consecutive bashes and murders me before 'flee' can go through).

I hadn't really put much thought at all into the mechanics of how I was going to PK, and just thought extra tankfulness/damage output would statistically be bound to end up with a few more fights going the Empire's way at some point. But with the low Empire numbers at hero I think more was needed from me. Warriors in my old mud didn't have any specs but on a good RNG day could outdamage most opponents and I still have 'if in doubt, bash' instincts in PK. This became 'hmm bash isn't working, maybe try a flurry'. I even picked most of my edges and my first legacy with a mind to mob fighting.

Having said that I think the character would have been more fun for both me and others if I had won some fights on my own. Still, no regrets.
112859, Skills
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Low and mud rank pk isn't valuable for maxing skill %'s as much as it is for figuring out how/when to use skills
112868, This is the point I was making (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
112839, So..
Posted by Qerqi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always thought that I like Angron. Now I know why..
To be honest, It seemed that Angron is new to CF, but never thought you are the player of the said chars! Good improvement.

GLWYN and make another imperial :D
112846, I liked this guy.
Posted by Duvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had a pc problem so I wasn't around lately, but I'm glad you got some echos. I felt a little bad the couple of times I killed you. A little... :) You were an in your face kind of guy and I thought that was awesome. I wish I had talked with you some but things were always busy at the time. When you come back take what you have learned from the others and your characters will rock. They tend to be pretty cool so far anyway, once you start dying less it will make you seem a thousand times cooler than people think of them now. :) Best of luck next time around. I'll agree with the others and say rank slower.