Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Bardor Hammerhand the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112704
112704, (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Bardor Hammerhand the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Dec 29 20:43:08 2012

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Bardor perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:111
112798, Speaking of names...
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You ripped off my character's name! :) Bartis Hammerhand.

Not that I care too much. I just thought I'd point it out ;) I'm guessing it was unintentional. Actually, I really only brought this up because I was reading Brujah's death thread about names and saw you right underneath it.

Personally, I really dislike it when people get overly picky about names. Who gives a #### if the name matches a character from some book series or role playing game? I certainly don't. I think the player base needs to relax with the names and just let the administrators decide what's acceptable and what is not, which is why I never said anything about your name the first time I saw it. I figured if the imms were OK with it, I was too.

Taking this even further if you are really bothered by someone's name. Don't say something to that person in game. Again, who gives a ####?! It's just a name!! I remember someone saying something to me when I played Jutley because he thought my last name "Tem Russer" resembled the name of Tim Russert from Meet the Press. I don't watch Meet the Press. In fact, he went so far as to break character and ask me if I was from Meet the Press in game. When he said something to me it sounded somewhat familiar but I still had to look it up to see what name this person was talking about. The similarity was completely coincidental, which it probably is 90% of the time. Which brings me back to WHO GIVES A ####?? I certainly don't. It's just a name.
112801, Agreed.
Posted by SuperIsisMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had someone call me out on a name. They changed the letters a bit and it had an OOC meaning and starting ragging me about it.

I had my own pronunciation for my name in my head and it was not associated with what they thought at all.

Some people just look for ways to criticize.