Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112504
112504, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Dec 23 07:48:05 2012

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jutley perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:203
112586, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Cainargen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I’m sad you deleted Jutley. I thought you were a solid char, even if you didn’t have any strong distinguishing character traits, I enjoyed having you around and I will miss that. You were clearly solid as a bard player, and that’s no small thing to have on your side.

Make another villager if you feel like it. I’ll be here 
112524, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well. That's it for a bit. This character was fun but I know I didn't play him like I conceived him in my mind. Which really doesn't matter I suppose because I rolled this bard to scratch an itch that developed after playing Jastyna. I really wanted to see what a 23 Chr Epic bard with a high end instrument couLd do.

Sadly I know of only one high end epic instrument and it wasn't available to me. Some asshole was sitting on it! What's dumb is all the good "drums" which you might think are good for epic - are not. I would like to think there is another nice epic instrument out there besides the triton horn but I never found one and no one I asked knew.

See, I was amazed at how much an instrument can make a bard. With Jastyna, an 18 Chr bard with the horn of tritons, I had a much better success rate at landing songs than I did with a 23 Chr bard with the horns of valor ( which comp the same as the blue dragon horn). So yeah I felt ####ed at times when I had to sing echoes over and over again and bt the time it landed I was pretty much done.

Any ways. To a few goodbyes:

Cainargen: congrats at making commander. I liked playing with you. We didn't get to play together too often but the times were fun. When I played Haphanas that episode with Boggdok was pretty much what made me give up on that character. I was excited to see you succeeded in making Smith cuz that char was also a Thror guy but after that deal I knew it wasn't going anywhere.

Kelnith: saw you deleted. Why? Thought you were doing well.

Arratok: well done getting drillmaster. You seem to be kicking plenty ass. Keep it up.

Ikiso: you deleted too! Had fun exploring with you.

Gyit: you have a fun character to be around

beur- ? Scion Advisor/chancellor: you son of a bitch. That vulture and night walker is kind of nasty.

Rahedra: as a player I have to give you respect but for some reason I hated your ####ing guts. Maybe it was just because your STSF charged so fast and screwed me so many times?

ZHenyen: what the hell? Something isn't right. Every time I fought you that devil deafened me within two rounds of fighting you. Hell it deafened me when you were fighting someone else the moment I engaged. That's just ridiculous and lame. Well done though getting advisor.

Fjarn: not really sure what to say here. As a player I was pissed when I got ganked by the nexus and Teryliu stuck around to talk and I saw your tattoo. I tried to channel it into RP and that's why you got those prays. If that was you who gave me the interaction in Hildebrans hut then thank you. Little things like that make a big deal. If it wasn't then thank you to whoever it was. Other than that... 200 hours, constant praying and not one interaction? What did I do to piss you off?

If I forgot someone please respond. I'm sorry I am just tired right now
112532, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enough bards have been around that maybe people are now prepping and taking edges to counter them. Just a thought as to why you may have found it easier with Jastyna. Plus, people aren't as concerned with an 18 charisma bard's song as they are a 23. Resist mental is so easy to get, and it really does make a bard's life tough, once people know to get it. :)

Kettle drum of the Ho Kaan
Elf skin bass Drum (I think this works well in tragic and epic)
Triton horn as you know.
At least 1 instrument from a certain dragon lair.

There you go, 4 high end epic instruments, if you ever want to try another epic.

Plus horns of valor, blue dragon horn are probably workable as well.
Don't let level fool you about how good an instrument is when judging them :)
112537, Thanks
This is true. I could tell when someone prepped resist mental though high int races I still had trouble with.

Thanks for te suggestions although the elf skin bass drum is not good for epic. Nor is the kettle drum. At least it's not better or the same as the horn of tritons for epic. The blue dragon horn and horns of valor compare the same to each other.
112549, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dudeeee

Not cool. I was really trying to get you into it a bit more, trying to think of stuff for you cus I could feel you starting to lose mmph with the character.

I am sorry that you had a tough break, having played an epic bard in battle I can tell you I think it sucks. Like truly sucks. I don't think any instrument would make it better and I likely would never play an "epic" bard again after my experience.

The only thing I didn't like about Jut was the quick out if you took a tough death. I know that sometimes it's really frustrating or time is short already and quitting a ghost is the only option, but I wish you would have stuck it a bit harder sometimes.

That being said I really enjoyed traveling and spending time with Jutley. I do apologize for some of the massive cluster####s I lead us into that were pretty much certain death. Sometimes it sucks being a leader because you have to put people in #### situations. I hope none of that stuff helped cause you to lose heart with this char.

I hope you end up getting back into something you enjoy that is less of an uphill battle, and I hope I get to interact with you more in the future, on either side of the sword.

of course, good luck with the next one.
112553, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Thanks a lot. I really didn't mind the ####ty odds and didn't think you did a bad job leading either. But you are right that I had a tendency to log out at the end there after eating a tough death. That was more out of my frustration with the character and the game in general. It just wasn't fun and I'm not some sort of masochist who delights in misery. I was really only logging in at the end hoping something would revive the spark for this character. Sadly nothing did and why play if you aren't enjoying it.

Best of luck with DM and I hope the enjoyment stays with you. Merry Christmas.
112554, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>See, I was amazed at how much an instrument can make a bard.
>With Jastyna, an 18 Chr bard with the horn of tritons, I had a
>much better success rate at landing songs than I did with a 23
>Chr bard with the horns of valor ( which comp the same as the
>blue dragon horn).

The mechanical difference between those instruments isn't that enormous -- I think it's more likely that a different mix of opponents is the difference.

That being said I think this was a pretty solid run at Battle bard and I definitely can see you gradually improving on your grasp of how to play the class. GLWYN!
112562, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bad timing, that's all. You weren't typically on when I was and vice versa, and a few times you logged out literally as I did something to get your attention.

I'm not around much these days, but that will hopefully improve as the holidays draw down. Doesn't help you now, but that's all I've got.
112506, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Duvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Duvam's first encounter with you was casting a fireball and me thinking exactly this "Scout! #### RuUUuuuUUUUuuuunnnnn!" :)

Kinda Dug jutley as long as you weren't fighting ME. hehe.
GLWYN.
112525, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jutley Tem Russer the Grand Master of Artistry, Hunted by Fortress
I really think I remember that fight. Only because I thought to myself what you were thinking "he knows I'm a scout" .