Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Meko Mon the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112488
112488, (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Meko Mon the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 20 16:26:01 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Meko perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:201
112497, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Meko Mon the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Posted by Tarleton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first seriousish character in a little while. The poisoner thief class is a lot of fun and really addictive - I really enjoyed trying to figure out how the class worked and what worked best.

Thanks to the other thieves (you know who you are) for helping me figure out some stuff.

I spent a bit of time trying to make RP things happen, especially in regards to the Inn of the Eternal Star. My ultimate goal was to backstab the people at the Inn of the Eternal Star and try to get a war with the Scions started, among other things. I felt like I was getting sort of close after a recent encounter with Scarabaeus, but by then I had burned out by playing too many hours, too often, and with too much to do in real life.

So I made a deal with myself. I'd delete at my next PK death. (I didn't count a death I ate while linkdead, and unbelievably wasn't looted at all. Thanks for the class, Cainargen and Jutley.) A week or so into the deal, I started taking stupid risks, tempting fate. I finally died while goofing around in the Fortress. And that, as they say, was that.

I had very enjoyable interactions with Rockeano, Fiddleben, Haphellna, Buereanus, that duergar ranger, Naitan, and a few others.

Malakhi, thanks for the compliment on the role. I did quite a bit of scheming and chatting with some folks, but a lot of my role relied on concealing my true intention. I tried to court a certain immortal or two so I could finally let it out, but I threw in the towel before it could happen.

Reksah - I really wish we saw more of you, or anyone, in Scion. It's a cabal that really needs a regular immortal presence. Considering the amount of effort everyone put into their "research," it's disheartening to see it all essentially destined to go nowhere.

My opinion: in light of the number of players and available Imms, maybe a few cabals should be consolidated or changed so that the quality of all of them are improved. We don't have enough butter to spread around, so let's have less toast.
112500, This sucks!
Posted by Baylahn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really really liked you and felt like we had a great relationship. I had fun finding new poisons with you and I thought you RP was standout as always from you.
112544, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Meko Mon the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Posted by Arratok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You drove me crazy with your poisons. Like actually crazy.
I never every understood how you were able to flee soooo damn fast every time I engaged and every time I actually got the chance to entwine you I would shout, like actually cheer aloud.

I honestly have gotten the blood going running from you, like talking to myself and trying to draw out the pain of dying by 1000 knifes. Arratok hated you, but as a playing I think you brought a huge dynamic to the game. Thank you for that.

I seriously hate thieves even more now. :) I mean that as a huge compliment.

Good luck with your next, and happy holidays.
112494, Damned be you for deleting!
Posted by Nizetr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Meko, and I was hoping for some more RP once I hit hero. You sure know how to use that class of yours and you made poisoners look real deadly.

Thanks for all the gear you passed my way, it really helped as I obviously was struggling in the mid-ranks. (And still am.)

Why did you delete?

I hope to see you in the fields soon again.
112491, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Meko Mon the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your role was a great example of "show, don't tell." Great job.

I tried to follow you around a bunch to see how it played out, but unfortunately, I never caught you doing any fun stuff along the lines you set up in your role. Bad timing, I guess.

Anyway, good luck with the next!