Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Krenke the Shinan, Hunted by Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112309
112309, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Krenke the Shinan, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 13 07:49:50 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Krenke perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:193
112316, Goodbyes
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled this with the thought that perhaps with hide I would not be such easy meat for the flyto murder spam that had annoyed me on my last villager. I also had a felar berserker many years ago, and remembered enjoying it.

This time around, I was thoroughly enjoying myself until I decided to try to hero to participate in rites. In general, I found that I had an incredibly hard time competing with a majority of who I faced there. My best chance for many seemed assassinate, and though I landed two the failures seemed to make me feel like I was wasting my time. I know many have sat at 35 perfecting it, but I repeatedly found myself awake with no one to fight at that range.

I found this rather boring in the end and while trying to hold out for rites just to experience them, the more I thought about it the more I didn't want to ruin someone elses chance if I wasn't really into it.

The only time I really grew completely frustrated was when I tried to defend with another villager against the blink dog when the massive giant was writhing. I think I perhaps faced it for 6-8 rounds of combat. I never hit it once or landed a single skill. I am not saying that the person who has it is over-rewarded, just that I am bewildered at how to fight something that I can never hit.

IMMS
Iunna - Apologies for just starting to interact with you then delete.

Thror - That experience with the sapper when I was stuck really made this character have a lot more drive at the time.

Unknown - Whoever gave me IMM exp for saying the right thing or doing the right thing I really appreciated it. I really felt like the village is well looked over and loved.

VILLAGE
Tiarhelle - I really enjoyed interacting with you and sort of started to lose steam when my one frequent ally deleted.

Cainargen - I enjoyed interacting with you, just wished our play times meshed better.

Mardrorn - My character was all about the war, so when you let me die for hardship he really never forgave you and barely considered you an ally. I completely understood the RP and as a player still liked Mardrorn.

Jesp - Apologies for getting you killed on the Isle that time, in general wish you would have stayed around as you did awesome with your build and I generally enjoyed fighting with you. You were probably the closest thing to a mentor Krenke had.

NEXUS
Treyliu - Said some in your death thread already, but enjoyed fighting you when I could get a command in. Felt like the higher level I got the better the fight tipped in my direction.

SCION
Meko - After figuring out how to fight you, it really got interesting. You are doing a great job of making poisoner scary.

Nizetr - At first I absolutely hated that you even got that combo, as an axe wielding ranger who could see me gave me fits. In the end, we had some great fights and I really ended up enjoying your character.

FORTRESS
Firstly, I was just sitting in the Fortress watching others raid when I got marked for Hunted. I was bewildered.

Kaile - Loved your character and build.

Karzgredya - Hated that all you had to do was wield a polearm and hit bash and it was auto win against me.

Tolgrumm - The amount you ignored me then later came after me confused me.

Randoniel - Oh noes, another bard who I really can't face. This definitely hasn't been seen before.

OUTLANDER
Melindi - You were honestly the closest thing to an ally I had 90% of the time, and I loved you for it.

Jawn - You are awesome, and will continue to be awesome.

Anyone else reply and I will respond.
112317, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Nhenia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You got me to write down never to get goaded into lame fights with you like that again :P
112318, RE: Goodbyes
That was insane, I honestly had no expectation to win it. It is hard to deal with a flyer, so taunting was the only tactic that seemed to make sense to Krenke. It was good to get a mage kill as well, as at that age I had been struggling.
112319, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Skiarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, we had some fun fights. I liked changing over from friendly with all you Villagers to fighting you all... although since I joined Fort I've barely fought anyone evil; it's just Rager-hour all day long.

I've been busy with exams the last few weeks so I've been out of touch. Sorry hero wasn't working out.
112320, RE: Goodbyes
I liked Skiarn.

In general, I did not like the war as Krenke as it kept getting prioritized over the war against magic and interrupting our real goals. It felt like half the evil ragers just wanted to sit at the Fortress instead of actually get the key or scepter. As a player, I did not want to be fighting Fortress non stop and after getting marked Hunted it really made an unfriendly range even unfriendlier. I'm not going right back to the village, and probably won't again until that war gets stopped.
112324, Goodbye, my felar friend
Posted by Cainargen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sad to see this. I could feel your frustration on how assassins don't melee like warriors (and in general can have trouble with shifters), but I thought you were damn competent and I like watching a felar zerker do his thing.

It's a tough road rightnow, no doubt, and you'll be missed. I hope you find something that you'll have more fun with! You've got a ton of RP and PK talent, just find that passion again and you'll rock hard.

Cain
112328, Bummer.
Posted by Duvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of my favorite enemies. :)
I know 'part' of it was bad luck on my part, but I could teleport or be SURE you were nowhere around and poof you'd be there in moments. Never a moment to rest when you were around and in range, which is good on you! That last fight I really did need a bracelet but I didn't take anything else. Not even coins. Luck to your next.
112331, RE: Bummer.
I liked Duvam beyond your whole suicide day. I am pretty sure I even tried to get a God to stop that as it made me feel terrible as a player.

I could talk about that last fight and the loot from the other there, but the truth of it is that if I really still cared about the character I wouldn't care about the loot. I have discussed looting and some people have a very different view than me. I truly need to start playing less gear dependent classes or at least ones with less racial gear. As it is, if you can't say something nice...
112332, Oh no.
Posted by Jawn Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jawn Foote feels rather fatherly towards most villagers, but few as much as Krenke. I'm really sorry that you got killed that one time when I was trying to help you regain the head.

No doubt you had a tough go of it, especially with what's going on with the Fortress, but you seemed to take it mostly in stride (I think it's a little easier with a hiding class.)

I would have liked to interact with you more, but that's tough when we can't see each other.

GLWYN

112333, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't have much interaction with this one, but the kill at the giant was a good one. I still miss me some Darikir!

Good luck with what is next
--Mylene
112334, RE: Goodbyes
I have been trying to stay away from OP combos. For now I am also trying to stay away from gear dependent builds. Still, there are times where I'm tempted to build on what I learned with him and roll something worse.
112336, Sorry to see this.
Posted by Matren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had hoped to travel with you more. Good Luck!
112338, RE: Sorry to see this.
I really enjoyed Matren and the fact you were mixing it up with your choices to make an interesting character.
112343, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure what I helped you out with to be deemed your one frequent ally :p ..but anyway I liked Krenke a lot, he oozed felar berserker through and through, and was a very useful member of the Village.

As for the war with Fort, not sure how it is now after I deleted, but I did try and make it a point to focus on Scion/Nexus + mages first..sometimes I didn't even raid Fort. It does take extra effort from the leaders to peg and enforce it to a secondary goal.
112350, RE: Goodbyes
Pretty simple really, you were on the most behind Jesp and Melindi during the day and as soon as you logged on you were ready to go after the key and scepter. That is what makes a fun leader/ally in my book.
112353, Blink dog
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd consider starting with poison smoke and blindness dust against it. That's assuming it doesn't dodge area effects.
112356, Good idea (n/t)
n/t
112358, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Jutley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's too bad. I liked running around with you. We did some damage together coming up through the ranks. We weren't always on at the same time but it was fun when we were.
112361, I really enjoyed running with Jutley. (N/t)
N/t
112366, Thanks for the tips.
Posted by Siamso (Felar Ranger) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was absolutely floored at how tooled I was when I thought ranger perks were in my favor.

I wasn't hating on you if it seemed like that. It's really a mortal against gods for no cabal fighters vs battle unless you are decked to the nines with damage redux. Unless stars align obviously.

GLWYN - We need you and more like you here.
112312, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Krenke the Shinan, Hunted by Fortress
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Competent as hell. I liked watching you fight.
112313, Thanks, that means a ton. Will post more later (n/t)
n/t