Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Illanthos Elurien the Anointed by Heaven's Light
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112115
112115, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Illanthos Elurien the Anointed by Heaven's Light
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 30 20:03:21 2012

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Illanthos perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:860
112370, Thanks for the advice on preaching.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And the constant words that ruined so many pks :). The thought is what counts though.
112367, Illy was awesome.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't remember which characters dealt with you mortal anymore hehe.
but I remember the character well, you stood out. I loved that character.
See you in the fields.
112349, Welcome to Eternity in the Light, oldest friend.
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fair and Foul,
the day dawned bright and cruel,
yet Illanthos strides fearlessly through the hills,
a hero without sword, axe, or spear,
Your soul's strength shared with a glance,
and heart's illness banished in pursuit of the Light.

Did you think yourself forgotten by those gone ahead?
No, you are forever in our thoughts, as we frolic in misted jungles,
for to honor your sincerity, your integrity, your passion,
is to celebrate the warmth of our memory of ourselves in life.

Did you think yourself forgotten by the Therans who revere you?
Wherever compassion lies, wherever humility may lay,
A mother's kiss, a brother's sacrifice, a father's striving,
wherever life may continue to honor the divine,
there you will remain, in the hearts of those who love.

Whilst I waged my war, ever zealous,
I have seen the twisted Drow bow in admiration of you,
The mummies curse you for defeating their contempt,
the lost and confused beholden to you,
the fearful cleaved to you,
and the common folk cheering your name.
You have won more hearts than my blade ever cleaved.

Well I recall the day you remonstrated with me ever firmly,
not every quest slays a dragon, not every rescue saves a damsel in distress;
No, you brought me to succor the poor downtrodden in Seantryn Modan,
for your heart was always open, and your patience
infinite in the pursuit of righteousness.

Perhaps, for one moment in the eternity of the Light's embrace,
you will find a beam to ride down to us,
for even in the mists, not every day is dim,
and we will again share our thoughts of honor, forgiveness, and virtue.

In eternal friendship,
Argivo
112364, RE: Welcome to Eternity in the Light, oldest friend.
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did an amazing job with Argivo. I need to go through my logs for old time's sake.

That poem is getting saved, and filed next to Illanthos' role notes.

I'll see you in the fields.
112118, Krunk hated you.
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Piece of #### elf that refuses to stay in any fight with Krunk. Always saving my would be victims with well timed gates and sanc and healing. Trying to gang Krunk down with Vozmuir. Hated you Hated you Hated you.

Now that that is off my chest... I'm 99% sure you did elf fort healer correctly. Meaning the very things Krunk (and to a certain extent me the player) hated you for doing are the very things that were in fact EXACTLY what fort healer should be doing.
112363, RE: Krunk hated you.
As a 100% support/rp character, you'd be surprised by how many people were getting frothing mad at me for doing exactly the sort of things that I should be doing. Illanthos was essentially viewed as 'unfair', to 'steal' pks away from people who had worked hard to score them.

Illanthos was not particularly concerned with parity in combat - but he was very concerned about coddling his allies and making them reliant on him. As a result, he tried to exercise as little force as he could to get the job done so that his allies wouldn't be weakened by him, and that his foes wouldn't be consumed by ic/ooc bitterness at their defeat.

He was pretty cocky.

At first, he deliberately sought you out in combat, hearing the defeats you had handed to his friends. When it became obvious that he could initially outmatch Krunk, but that the orc would inevitably win any protracted engagement, Illanthos began to pick his battles very carefully. He simply had no means to seal a kill on Krunk, despite getting him down very low in Udgaard. Eventually, Krunk would spinebreak him and desecrate the room, then permalag him in said room.

I would be very interested to see Krunk vs. Illanthos logs, both before when Illanthos had the upper hand, and after, when Krunk was really wrecking house.
112371, I'll see what i can dig up.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But with no deaths on either side it might be tough to find the interesting ones.
112117, I don't know how you did it but really good job.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know how you didn't delete due to boredom, but I figured the RP with others of your sphere and generally tending to the Fort flock kept you busy.

I really dug the somewhat snobbish and arrogant elf roleplay (at least, I hope that's what you were going for) and the fact that you really were a solid Fort healer. I've experienced having ####ty Fort healers and you basically were a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10 (most Fort healers are -5). There was really only one time that I was pissed you didn't heal me and that was my own damn fault for not GTFO when I was real hurt anyway.

Good job, hope you'll be playing another character soon.
112362, RE: I don't know how you did it but really good job.
Illanthos was a yearlong journey for me. He very ambitiously sought to unify all light, both its children, and its dogma. He eventually came to realize that all of heaven cannot shine through a pinprick, and accepted that the differences between people and their conceptual creations may have irreconcilable differences, though he never stopped hoping that people could be swayed to work together.

Illanthos was hardcore lawful good. He had a series of tenets that he cleaved to very rigidly, and possessed a stiff bearing as a result. He started to relax a little later in his life, as he grew to realize that even as he harshly restrained himself in the pursuit of inner purity, he hampered his own potential to relate to others and thereby help them.

Illanthos was my first empowerment character in CF that actually earned empowerment from his deity. Experience on other MUDs is that I play a very effective (and even infamous) healer, so I was pleased to see that translate well to CF.

I had originally aimed to play Illanthos to age death, but I eventually became so bored with the character and the cabal scene that I just wanted to call it quits. Instead of deleting, an Imm suggested I try applying to be a HeroIMM, and here we are today.
112368, An amazing job. Always fun to be around.
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Illanthos, to me, was the pinnacle of what a good character should be. He also fit very well with Solec's ideals of reasoning and understanding. Awesome job with a amazingly consistant character.

And to stand up for my PK record of having a very low goodie kill count, Illanthos plays a Healer like I do. You just gate to everyone and heal everyone, in turn, ruining the majority of kills I could have gotten.

BattleCharmed