Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Urvai the Taiotoshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112092
112092, (DELETED) [None] Urvai the Taiotoshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 29 17:55:59 2012

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Urvai perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:50
112105, You died a lot, but you stuck it out.
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hope you learned some about the assassin class and that your next character realizes more success.
112106, Not even my first assassin
Posted by Urvai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just amazed at how much I sucked. The defining moment for this character I think was attacking a certain conjurer in Arial city. I opened with trip, landed the throw, she was gushing blood, I thought I could keep the lag lock long enough to land the kill. Then the angel rescues (it's an angel, she doesn't need to put a command through to get the rescue, duh) and my throw goes through. Two failures to dodge later I'm a corpse.

"Throw the angel!"

Of course I fought her again and did the exact same thing. Then I met another conjurer and got one rounded with geyser/pillar. Even not being an Arial would probably have given me one more round at best, not enough for my self lag from trip to have worn off.

Just too depressing to play an assassin who can't even get one kill. Screwed up every half-chance I got. Encouraging to know that someone took notice though.
112107, RE: Not even my first assassin
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As an assassin I'd be gunning for that first mage kill as soon as I hit PK range. You can see invis then without Truesight. Just get yourself some vuln exploiting weapons and have at it. A few might get away but you'll get one eventually.

I can imagine it would be tough to get your first mage kill at 35. At that point I'd be exclusively trying to assassinate a mage.