Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Morgrul the Legend of the Battlefield, Mighty Slayer of Stone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112069
112069, (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Morgrul the Legend of the Battlefield, Mighty Slayer of Stone
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 27 02:34:41 2012

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Morgrul perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:147
112110, Why delete?
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Where you really that close to Drekvah that when he is gone you just throw in the towel? Gear comes and goes, I hope you didn't delete over losing some of your stuff.
112083, Hi there!
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would you mind talking about your Scion warrior experience? As a glutton for punishment it always looks tempting to me. In someone ways it looks like you could make a powerhouse (Igbah!) and in other ways it looks like all the worst parts of being a lone wolf in a cabal that gives you no powers.

112086, Scion has changed in this regard for the worse.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember a few years back Scion used to want warriors to be meatshields for their mages, but now it seems that even the warriors have to have some scholarly response to join. I had pledged a ranger to the cause and I got the whole, what are you going to research bit and I was like...well, thats a waste of my time then, I just wanted to get in and support the mages. So...ranger project ended. :)
112090, This is mostly correct
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With a cabal with a general limit of 10 members, I want the characters in it to have a role more developed than being a meatshield for mages. The cabal is already vulnerable to OOC permas to the exclusion of deserving applicants. While this vulnerability isn't the reason I stressed the change, going back to the old way would encourage it.

Edited to add: I will say that my favorite leader in recent years was a ranger, Paraloiut, and that I have seen plenty of martial/rogue characters that were perfectly fine as Scions.

BTW, Morgrul, apologies on the uninduct/reinduct. I didn't receive the note due to the typo and don't have the ability to read a characters notes without some assistance.
112093, RE: This is mostly correct
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now that warrior/rogue types are equal to the mages and can even become leader do they have cabal powers in addition to what they had, uh, 8 years ago when I played my last meat shield?
112097, RE: This is mostly correct
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nope! :)

I've thought about changing it. I'm still thinking about changing it.