Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kontoln Stoneback the Champion of the Varn, Hunted by Fortress, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111976
111976, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kontoln Stoneback the Champion of the Varn, Hunted by Fortress, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Nov 25 14:21:41 2012

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kontoln perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:392
112043, Awesome job!
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you did great and was disappointed when you didn't get drillmaster after the rights were completed. Though with a bit of time it all worked out how I thought it would. You were super classy with all of our interactions and were always willing to talk.

Good Luck!

--Mylene
112013, Well done, Drillmaster. RIP.
Posted by Treyliu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You were a tough match up for me. So I'll take it as a real compliment to hear that I was tough to you even on occasion.

I think I did take you down once on my own, pretty early on. After that, I couldn't really stand up to you one on one. Something about a bloodthirsting minotaur warrior creates an image of a serious beast...and you were that. Tough and aggressive.

With a little luck (and some strong preps), I could hold my own for a little while. But if you caught me in the right situation with a bash I was done fast, as I found out the hard way too many times. If I caught you in the right situation with a trip and hit you while you were down (and someone else to take the front!), I suppose it was the same.

You always fell gracefully and acted with honor. Much respect, Drillmaster.

-Treyliu
112021, I think the best part about this character
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was that I could be honorable, but not out of honor, but out of how proud the character was.

In my mind, Kontoln wouldnt loot much from people because if he defeated them he did not need their things.
It was silly when people would gripe about a few lost things to me. Because generally I would hardly take anything.
In all honestly, I felt great that I wouldn't loot people to the pies.
It just inspires a lot more... honorable relations with an enemy.

I think this character shows that. Or atleast proves it to me.

And in all honesty, people dont complain if you do just that. Except the ones who would find something to complain about even if you loot nothing.

Sorry, kinda had a rant there. You were awesome, Treyliu. Give them hell.
111977, Stoneback greet.
Kontoln Stoneback was a role I was creating for a svirf nexun but as I was rolling up...a minotaur slot got opened and I took it.
Since I've never played a minotaur, I was really happy to get the chance. By the end I was getting very annoyed at the "giant only" gear I kept running into.
Almost all of the heavy weapons are giant only. And my build was supposed to be heavy weapons.
I would probably not take trapping again as a village minotaur axe spec. Just not enough axes that I could actually get that were heavy and not magic.
And more importantly, not giant-only. In the end I wasnt really even gearing for +str anymore. Because I wasnt wielding all that heavy of axes anymore.

Goodbyes
Battle:

Iunna: You were great and inspired me to keep on trucking. Thanks for that. Sorry about the almost deleting. I was getting so low on con that I was considering just getting it over with.

Salyeris: You were a great commander, I had about 2 failed villagers under you. Then I rolled up this one and it just kinda stuck. You were solid.
Cainargen: You were consistently one of the ones I liked seeing around. Hope you are having fun. I always had fun running with you.
Tia: Thought you had an awesome upstart...then you were missing for what felt like a long time. Then got fairly active again. Liked you though.
Ubud: Gah, why! I needed a good defender. :( Eventually got some, but still!
Varks: I thought you were a #### orignally but your character grew on me. But probably as a #### to other people.
Boggdok: Same as Varks.
Ficks: Damn you! I was going to help you level! BTW I would always typo your name as 'farks'.
Abiratha: I liked you but you seemed absent a lot. Hope things are going okay.
Uhgtohg: Thought you were pretty solid. Did not really get to roll a lot before you con-died.
Issiver: Wish we got to interact a bit more.
Jesp: I like the RP and you seem pretty solid.
Ikiso: Really like your RP and it was fun exploring with you and Jesp.
Mardrorn: I like you and you annoy me. XD It is a really big mix of feelings there.

Nexus:
Iklahn: Strong force. Good RP. Didnt like you calling me "old-friend" so I kept calling you old enemy. Hope things are going good up there in the sky.
Mylene: I loved killing you. :) I hate duo. ^_^
Darikir: Man you kicked my ass everywhere.
Treyliu: You are difficult to fight sometimes, not so much others. Fun over all. Liked talking with you every once in a while.
Lots of other ones I've forgotten about. Nexus was usually fun to fight in general.

Scions: Damn you, Scions! Damn you all to hell! :P
Zamedia: Damn your unholy unicorn form. I got my ass kicked by you on multiple occasions. I was trying to get you to fight me in the village, but it hardly ever worked out.
Ragloghin: I really, really wanted to kill you again. :(
Hanna: I wanted revenge! Damn your level sitting and age dying. :P lol
Scions in general were pretty solid. Lots of powerhouses.

Imperials:
Cabasko: I was kinda sadened at the state of empire with you as emperor. Orcs and empire really shouldnt mix. Empire is about order, orcs are about corruption and their village.
Some of you were just pains in the ass.
Others were not so bad.
Did not really have a reason to fight most of you.

Outlander:
Most of outlanders stopped coming after me after I started killing them.
Some of the druids got me a few times, but eventually I just outright killed them.
The fights were fun. I kinda wish they came after me more.
Xasivus: I loved fighting you. Just wish I was in a good spot for you when you were coming. I do hate that whole flyto *special attack* thing.
Grippledank: Loved the fights.

Tribunal: I didnt start really giving you trouble until later on in life.
Gorliz: I hate that elephant. So much DR, really it is just a very annoying distraction when other people are likely coming my way soon.
Purmodin: I liked fighting you. I almost felt bad that one time where I tripped you, then pincered you and you said something between the trip lag and the pincer. I was like "oops, he was talking..."
Islinic: Haha! I got you. XD You were all like "come get me!" What you dont know is that I was at like half-health when you yelled that.
Panza: I liked fighting you. I still think you needed the "sexual harassment panda" song as your theme.

Fortress:
Lots of you to fight. Very fun. I like the squishy mages on the inside of the fortress. :)

Herald:
Rachiel: You were about the only reason I would go to the inn. Stoneback had a crush on you. And not like a "Crush mage!" crush.
A few others here, bartenders, the high herald, the awesome cook that kept bringing Stoneback steak. :)

Krunk: Ugh, I have to just go out and say it. It sucked fighting you. It wouldnt have been so bad if I had some way to cover the bash vuln that villagers have. Or if it were possible to corner you to kill you. I think honestly, you were about the most frustrating character for me to fight, ever. That includes all the "uber shapeshifter forms". I still think you're a cool character, but really...that combo is crazy OP against villagers.
111978, :(
Posted by Mardrorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I pretty much just liked you. Sorry to be annoying!
111979, It was the "really funny joke" thing that annoyed me.
And by me, I mean Kontoln. :) Because Kontoln Stoneback doesn't put up with that crap well. :P

Other than that, I thought you were pretty good.
112039, Innhooker! n/t
Posted by Mardrorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
112088, RE: Innhooker! n/t
A friend of mine told me that's what invoker sounds like when I say it. Which is found flipping hilarious. I sometimes would say it for the comic relief. ^_^
111982, RE: Stoneback greet.
Posted by Qerqi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah! I expected to have a chance to defeat you using no magic!
112005, Woe is you.
:)
111986, Bah.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really thought you were a solid character/presence in Battle,
in spite of some ####ty odds. This'll be a huge blow to the cabal.
Good luck with your next!
112003, Sorry for dying on you.
I started going completely all out at the end there to finish my con off. Taking silly risks because I knew I wouldnt have time after this week. I couldnt have planned a better ending for Kontoln. It went how I thought it should. I'll be back, but I think I'm done with Battle for a while.
111988, RE: Stoneback greet.
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a go getter. These are the things that I appreciate most about characters.

Kontoln was a constant, one that made other Villagers feel the need to be around with him. You managed to flesh out the role with great interactions and even better means of standing your ground both within and without the village.

You did great with this one. Sorry I wasn't around to throw out some globals for the great job.

Good luck on the next.

112001, Thanks. Means a lot.
I really did try to be consistent. In RP and PK. I had what I thought was a good idea for a character and I fleshed it out pretty good. I think with my next I will hopefully do better yet.
111994, RE: Stoneback greet.
Posted by Inerayo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You didn't mention me! Bah! I loved Kontoln as an enemy. He was always great to fight and ready to tear it up. I think I had your number most of the time when we had a one on one but you still came and worked on it every chance you got. I was always pulling for you for Commander, glad you finally got Drillmaster at least. Good job, good luck with the next.
112000, I knew you would post.
I just couldnt remember exactly how your name was spelled. :P It was fun going against you. And yes, it was generally one sided. But sometimes I got really, really close to taking you out with a disembowel. :) I just needed more luck.
111996, Frankly, it sucked fighting you too.
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And not just because you apparently threw parity out of the window at the end (just a dig, I don't actually care and it should have probably happened sooner). Mino sword spec villager is actually one of the few matchups where battle should rape (but not necessarily kill) a build like Krunk. But until the very end you didn't really gear appropriately or couldn't stay alive long enough to keep the gear you needed.

Kontoln had a high blud cost, which is about as good of praise as Krunk ever gave. Of course, you could have tried to find a way to make it so Krunk wasn't an enemy instead of suffering the frustration, but Krunk never was successful in getting any villager to bend on that, even though they'd bend on pretty much everything else. It was fairly frustrating for me as well.
111998, Yeah, thems the breaks.
Keep rocking though. I tried to convince you to not strike the village once. But Stoneback was too proud to bend an inch. That was his prime attribute, so to speak.
112002, Plenty of villagers tried to convice Krunk to stop....
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But they seemed to think that somehow BATTLE no longer hunting Krunk should be sufficient incentive for Krunk to stop. Since Krunk wasn't exactly dying to villagers left and right, it didn't seem like a worthwhile trade. Not a single villager (other than Jerrotard's which don't count) even tried to offer a real incentive for Krunk to stop.
112004, True. Were not many things I could think of to convince you.
None that you would want anyway. :)
112007, Dawwwww...
Posted by Jesp on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was always fun when you log in because you know Kontoln's ready to throw down! Liked the char a ton, and glwyn. :)
112010, Farewell, old friend
Posted by Cainargen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were Cain's longest running compatriot, and I will miss you. Now it is just Tia and I from the old guard, I think.

You were ballsy (almost reckless?) and fearless, which is a great mino berserker. I thought you provided a strong counterbalance to evil Tia, and that you did a good job at co-leading.

You will be missed!
Cain
112011, Thanks.
Yes, that was Kontoln. Fearless/crazed/reckless in battle.

I thought for a long time that if I made commander that I would have you as my Drillmaster to counterbalance my crazyness. It never worked out though.
112014, Going to Miss You
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Kontoln a lot. From the first time I met him (he gave Tia a rec), up until the end. I'm sorry I didn't make you DM earlier. Rp-wise Tia preferred hanging out with crazy, erratic chars, at least initially. Also I thought you were very similar to me in terms of approach to issues, and wanted someone different in thought. In the end, you were still the best DM Tia had anyway and I enjoyed all our chats and whatnot. GLWYN!
112015, Thanks Tia. Keep those Battleragers in line.
nt
112018, RE: Stoneback greet.
Posted by Duvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The little bit we interacted was enjoyable. You seemed pretty cool and I was looking forward to some future stuff. Good luck with real life till you come back. :)
112019, Sorry about all the pincering..well... Not that sorry...
he he ^_^
112020, Sorry about all the pincering..well... Not that sorry...
he he ^_^
112029, Hey Man...Great Job.
Posted by Vasliin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you and Cain are the only friends left from my days in the village. Now its only Cain. We ran around a lot together for awhile there while you were growing up. You had a rough time for a long time, but I was really happy to see you made Drillmaster after the crappy one before you. I'm honestly still shocked by the choice of commander and drillmaster after Salyeris, but so be it.

Great job and I hope you have a lot of fun with your next.
112089, Thanks man
You never got that axe for me :P
112031, A very good character
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kontoln was certainly a favorite of mine in my later years (not sure which other two villagers you played under my commander). One of my main reasons for not making you my last DM was I thought you were probably too low on con because of how you went about just mixing it up anywhere with anyone all the time. Guess it was another instance of bad judgment on my part :)

A nice job overall though, and no, I would not have guessed the player behind Kontoln. Nice to have a char of yours on my side again, definitely seemed to have stepped things up in terms of PK from what I recall.

See you in the fields sometime.
112032, RE: A very good character
I loved mixing it up for sure. I realized how much I missed your character after she was gone.
Fun times. I think you left a good impression on Kontoln. It really stuck with the character.

I knew you would be supprised. ^_^ Glad to know my characters arnt that obvious.
Well, the last time we were running around...it was my first attempt at a bard.
I've played pleanty of warriors, Battle or otherwise. But this one I had the most fun with out of all of them.

Lets hope that I find time to return to the fields in the relatively near future.
Much to do. It will probably be a few months. Hope to cross paths with you again though. :)
112033, Oh! The other villagers.
I'm pretty sure it was Koojj (elf warrior) and...Oh, I cannot remember.
It was some baddie fire giant. I hate fire giant int.
112038, Spellbane oh how I hate thee
Posted by GriiPledank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I could do literally nothing against you. The combination of your dam output, my ability to get one in five spells through bane (and then fail half even then) with my build being a glass cannon to start with it was all an exercise in futility in my part. I wish some cabal would get its act together and start taking the head so I can come after you baners more freely.

You played a great villager, congrats
112050, Stinky Arsed Heefer
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll echo others, solid solid Battle presence, took your (cow)licks and kept trucking. I had you tagged for Mageslayer because your MPKs were highest, but decided your Veteran status suited better because of your longevity.
112063, I didnt know you were stilll hanging around. :)
I remember, when you saved Mulmeru from that bug. It made me smile. After I fixed my dropped jaw.

You should go vis more. ^_^ I like seeing you around. Is your religion active?
112087, Still around
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I remember that pugil bug, just would have been wrong to let you die from it.
Religion is active and I am around (and sometimes vis) through the day.