Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Raqas the Historian
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111777
111777, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Raqas the Historian
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 14 11:55:10 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Raqas perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:93
111778, Bards!
Posted by xrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My first bard over rank 18, and I pushed Raqas too much and died a lot, but I learned a lot about the class too. (dirge, fantasia and grand nocturne are those songs I never used effectively, but now I know where one should use them).

Bards are OP, AWESOME and STRONG! I'm very happy with this experience with bards.
The edge which helps building -moral on foe is very nice. The only ones I had problem were the two dark STSF elves of the village, which I learned how to face them later (I never succeeded against them, but not because of tactical/power issues, but because of my connection problems)
Never used aura/shield, but stone-skin/haste/size-change/fly are enough even to make a strong bard out of a newb! Heh.. But I never used anything other than fly (Once I used haste).

Apologies to those I interacted with. Raqas was not to live much longer anyway.

delete reasons:
1. Raqas was down to about 4con.
2. I'm sure that it was not a matter of luck! I always had great problem with all my internet connections as soon as I involved in a PvP! At times I had about four rounds delay for whole the fight! Ever anyone had same problem? It occured for about 5 of Raqas's con, and in a few of the events, I checked another char fast and there were no problem!
111784, RE: Bards!
Posted by Mardrorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good fights! You were a classy enemy and always showed guts.

Good luck with your next!
111789, RE: Bards!
Expected less potent songs from a dwarf! Thought Raqas will resist most of them, but mardrorn did kick some ass on our fights.
111804, RE: Bards!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

> 2. I'm sure that it was not a matter of luck! I always had
>great problem with all my internet connections as soon as I
>involved in a PvP! At times I had about four rounds delay for
>whole the fight! Ever anyone had same problem? It occured for
>about 5 of Raqas's con, and in a few of the events, I checked
>another char fast and there were no problem!

I assume the answer is yes, but I have to ask: you understand lagging / command denial attacks, right?
111809, I do know!
I mean, I got two rounds, then didn't get anything for about three rounds' delay (let's say 6 seconds) and got two more round data (mostly partially up to half of the 2nd or 3rd round) and so on..
So I usually couldn't see data of the last two/three rounds.

p.s. To make sure that I know lagging/command denial, I can say that, once three villagers attacked Raqas at the inners and bash/cranial/vibrato lagged Raqas for six rounds and after those rounds, I could see Raqas's song come out. But the situations above were totally different.
111812, I'd like to say I don't feel this is made clear in the Academy
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I read a review once that said he felt the game lagged a whole ####load every time he entered combat in certain places and against players.