Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dhaer the Master of Touch, Village Applicant
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111700
111700, (DELETED) [None] Dhaer the Master of Touch, Village Applicant
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 7 20:02:13 2012

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Dhaer perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:33
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:41
111701, My poor thief that never could
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My role was a little sad, and my character held a lot of anger throughout his life. Unfortunately I felt like it really made having fun with this character pretty difficult. Being an uncabaled applicant my mage-killing power really sucked, and I couldnt keep up with the other applicants/new members.

I didn't know much about the battle cabal before I made this character, and I didnt really learn too much more about it. Everyone I talked to about it was really helpful though, so that was great.

I'll try battle out another time.
111707, Quick Tip
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never interacted with you at all, but I received two notes about you that didn't make me want to induct.

It might have been for rp reasons that you attacked groupmates of different Ragers ranking, but I saw/heard nothing about the rp aspects.

As a general Battle rule of thumb, you do not attack someone who isn't a mage, Nexun or Scion. To kill one who is ranking with Ragers (and therefore couldn't possibly be an enemy) makes it even worse. Who knows what kind of chars you'd attack if you had a hut?

Apart from that, you just need to speak to different Villagers and would have probably gotten a hut. Best way to learn is from within afterall.

111710, Remind me
Posted by Cranlaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To tell you about that thing.
111712, RE: Quick Tip
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was another reason I decided to kick the bucket. My character didn't really jive with standard battle RP. He was so dead set on snuffing out magic that a lot of things that battle stands for wasn't a big concern for him.

I remember at least once that I had attacked a non-mage because I considered him an obstacle. In his teens Dhaer had a hard time finding groupmates, and felt like he was being ignored for bigger warrior-types. Eager to prove his strength, he ended up attacking and running off a groupmate of one of the other applicants. Even though I eventually developed a good relationship with that applicant, he didnt take my strongarming very well at the time.

Dhaer didn't really understand the rager mentality either, which I think developed some bad reputation with a few people. I remember running into Galadon and seeing a mage I could kill. I swung over to where he was and found him fighting another battlerager, but attacked him anyways. His need to kill that mage outweighed his desire to adhere to battle's standards.

Next time I play battle I'll try to tailor my character around the cabal more, instead of fleshing him out naturally. Playing IC, I made a lot of mistakes I knew better not to do OOC. I bought him a premium battlefield thingy even though he was mid-level. I think its a good way to give back to CF, and show my thanks for such a great game.