Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111693
111693, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 7 07:07:30 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Cranlaw perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:229
111713, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Cometah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a ballsy character and I can respect that. I felt like i frustrated you a little when you bring three to the isle to raid against me and I would fight for a bit then go weaken the giant and come and retrieve against all of you, with the pachyderm. I was mostly a tough matchup for you but you were really were fun because i knew if you were around I better have barrier handy.
111714, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Cranlaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No I believe thats how raiding is supposed to work, I didnt find you overly tough to fight (unless I was heavily maledicted, danger of fighting the Nexan inners). You were incredibly tough to finish off with the pach and barrier however. Its so much worse when people just sit back and do nothing, If I had one complaint it would be no one really raids to the destructor with defenders even when they have 3,4,5,6,7 times the number of defenders. I think I faced maybe 2-3 fights at the destructor for the life of the char, and even then only because I was a defender and not a scout/berserker
111694, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Everyone in village was Awesome (except that one kill stealing jerk, felt like you kept coming back, was glad when you went off to fortress), thanks Salyeris for the Induct. Tiar for the skill prac.
Iunna for the duels, and Fjarn, Iunna and Thror for Rites was good to fight in the rites again. But seriously Fjarn STSF warrior vs a 17 int felar warrior in first round, I can see why you did it, but super lame for me.

In retrospect the build might have been much more deadly with berserker instead of defender, but it seemed to sort of hold its own, kind of. I been experimenting with flaws recently and took three on this char, Curse wasnt too bad, until they fixed it :P Macho just got me killed too many times, I was gonna con die the char but I did get a little sick of people swinging Nexus/Fort I can understand why people do it I suppose.

At least man up and like defend/raid be willing to die for your principles, scion needs to stop hanging out with nexus so much too. I understand its a great way to get kills and stuff, but every time you go to raid the isle and have to put up with Fort/Scion/Outlander depending on the login, meh. I think at one point it was 4 raiding vs 5 nexan defenders and 3 Forts showed up lol.

Try to have a little more class and gank neutrals less, yes I get it oh he attacked me before etc etc, well thats great but like if I'm a villager I'm actively trying not to kill people who arent mages.(Cabal enemies excluded obviously).

Also 230 hours, role, in the rites, positive pk ratio, no last name? Sad panda.

cheers

Asa
111696, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off I gotta say that last fight was nuts.

I didn't have much interaction with you due to some RL stuff coming up, but what I did see was good. To comment on people defending / helping, that is a part of what nexus does and sometimes people repay the favor, or join in the hunt. I think Village Defenders are the hardest for transmuters as you are able to deal with their maladicts and their ways around spellbane are minimal.

Specifically to that last fight there were people dying, grabbing their gear, resting up and then hitting the Inners to go at it again. When there are that many corpses anyone with locate object will know where the party is and may want to crash it. I really wish that there was some way to stop people from unghosting before the timer is up for both sides of the fight. I'm certain that in the past you weren't able to do that but that was a long time ago, and perhaps in a galaxy far far away.

--Mylene

111699, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Cranlaw the Legend of the Battlefield
I've not played a nexus since the old nexus cabal. I only saw Nexans in that fight, it was a great group of battles and I had no complaints at all about the series of battles from a characters involved perspective, everyone was pretty classy through out, and I was driving it on. I think I had maybe 15-20 flees fail in a row (combination of one exit and macho). My last 5 fights I had, it felt like I was fleeing (Panic couldnt escape, without cant go in that direction) and given the builds reliance on re-engaging quickly/fleeing I decided I was done playing that build. I'd totally do it again without macho. I never really saw you until then tbh and dont really bump into you with any other chars I think it must be a timing issue, and I have been playing some odd times lately.

On a side note it did seem like you guys had a never ending supply of heros and I'd of been totally annoyed if like fort/scion had turned up and you guys hadnt of laid the smack down on them. Then again I think if a cabal is going to be about balance it should be limited to 10-15 members at a time, because when there can be 30 of you, its a little lame. I mean it would only be more lame if you could mutually buff each other and had a ton of rc winners/shrine sitters :P Jk

111702, If that was some sort of a reference to me, then no. I wasn't in nexus. -nt
Posted by Hepfi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
111703, RE: If that was some sort of a reference to me, then no. I wasn't in nexus. -nt
I dont see how it could be.
111705, Your last log on Dioxide's. :) -nt
Posted by Hepfi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
111708, RE: Your last log on Dioxide's. :) -nt
Oh I figured that was an opportunist strike by the Scion, unless you planned it, in which case gg. I remember when I had the croc I was always desperate to fight people on water!! and Drowning Roll on a Cat, win win.
111706, One Defender Down :(
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're welcome re skill prac, was a pretty clever method you had there. Tia has a soft spot for other felar (gangster cats mentality), and I thought it was nice to run around with one that had pretty much the opposite skill set and path. Your dirty jokes also made me laugh, especially the time you impaled me and Saly broke it up :)

I'm sure I'll bump into you in one form or another soon.