Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111649
111649, (DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 31 10:33:21 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Hakan perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:126
111651, It seems like I should have had more hours than this.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a last name at level 6, which was first for me, and I really liked the role. It truly was an RP character, although I'm sure people thought I was trying to game the system. Because isn't that what veterans do? Find some mechanic they can abuse the hell out of?

In this case, no. As I was resolved to try to get into the Isle, I didn't take any of the spells available to an AP that mentioned invoking devilish powers, and I would not have even considered it without having both membership on the Isle and the blessing of the Nexus gods. Hakan was a paladin of Twist, putting the defense of those things important to Twist (magic, honesty, and the Isle) above all. As a result of his non-standard views, Hakan was treated to a healthy dose of doubt, suspicion, and scorn with a few close people who rooted for him. I felt that way even from the staff, for although I had my beefy role at level 1 and a last name at level 6, I didn't receive a lick of imm experience until I had played the character for 75 hours. Holy mixed messages, Batman!

Alas, but I am reaching crunch time in my coursework, and I do not have the time necessary to devote to a pure RP character, particularly one that is yet in a state of transition that requires connections to people who are dying, imming, or infrequently available.

God sped; warre isst michel, ac war isst micheler.
111650, RE: (DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War
Posted by Ryuko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. Neat concept, I was rooting for you. A-P's can be tough at the best of times and you didn't make it any easier for yourself by trying for nexus, but I thought you did fairly well. Why the delete?
111653, RE: (DELETED) [None] Hakan Daagfinnr the Herald of War
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought it was cool idea, and player-wise rooted for you, IC He still gotta die.

P_N