Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Maelreon the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111606
111606, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Maelreon the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 28 07:01:45 2012

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Maelreon perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:116
111615, Why?
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my best Defender..always up for some rock n' roll, highly efficient, and all round great char. Going to miss this one, take care.
111639, Long story short
Posted by Maelreon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rolled this as an experiment and found that while I wasn't a pushover I couldn't keep a mage present. Being a defender is fun, but a lot less fun when there is rarely anyone to bandage in your play times.

As a note, I appreciate the role contest win (even if third place) and will not be entering myself anymore until I am sure of the characters longevity.
111640, How to hunt those you can't see
Posted by Grippledanked on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This topic seemed to perplex you a little bit. The basic way you do this is you metaphorically get down on your knees, tie your hands behind your back, and lay your head on the chopping block. Then when they go to swing you try and untie yourself and turn the tables.

Its a very high risk strategy (you have to put yourself in enough danger to get them to come after you directly). The strategy works though if you have the brass balls to give it a try. Oddly enough this is also generally how you rack up big kill counts as a defender. That combines with the pinball strategy (bounce around a bunch of fights back to back to back to back waiting and watching to catch a break, lots of getting beat up and retreating a hair away from death, lots of dieing, but it gets you into position to land kills against otherwise conservative opponents.
111641, RE: How to hunt those you can't see
I appreciate the advice and often played pinball, but it seemed that there was always some flying form to come bother me on my way out of the mayhem.

You seem to be getting some grief on the forums, but I was generally rooting for you as a player even if you were an enemy.
111642, Misdirect!
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It isn't the best lagging move but its something. At the least it can keep them in place for two rounds.
111643, RE: Misdirect!
I loved Misdirect, but I did not have the offensive power on my build to kill in two rounds. Even if I had STSF built to cutoff, the one round they were out of misdirect they would almost always get the flee off.
111644, Yeah, I can see that
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only reason I brought it up was because I was reading the log you posted on Dios and it seemed like a better option than impaling Vira at the begging of that log so I wasn't sure if it was something you used much.