Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111504
111504, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 21 09:19:50 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Haphanas perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:132
111583, Everytime I saw this character I just caw someone with one bum cheek.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Half-an-ass was an inspired name and made me chuckle a lot. Never got to fight you though.
111586, Hah, wow, to be honest that pronunciation never occured to me! nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
111581, You did good.
Posted by Kontoln5 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you in general. I'm sad to see this. But sometimes it is time to move on. Hope you had fun! Good luck with the next.
111584, RE: You did good.
I was grateful for the task for the recommendation. I was actually kind of hoping for something like this in terms of this characters role. I wouldn't want it everytime as it is tough to do, but, this was seemed to fit perfectly. I had a ton of fun with it. Thanks for that! Good luck with the DM!
111558, We didn't get to travel much, but you'll be missed
Posted by Cainargen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any hero friends are always nice to have with the village. From what I saw, you were competent and had a solid char persona - both of which will be missed!

Cain
111560, RE: We didn't get to travel much, but you'll be missed
I agree. It's nice to have others heroes in the Village. I appreciate the comments. I had a high opinion of your character myself. Especially since you were a tattooed Thror follower and that's the direction Haphanas had been heading in. Not to mention how you handled that situation with Boggdok. Good luck going forward with everything.
111546, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Meh..not happy to see this deletion :p I liked Haphanas from what I saw and the few interactions we had, thought he was one of the better ones. Glwyn and hope to cross paths again in Battle.
111554, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Thanks, Tia. I wished our times matched up a bit better. If anything I always seemed to be logging in when you were logging out. You seem like you will do well as Commander. Good luck with that.

By the way, whip/hand is one of my favorite builds. I've always wondered how it would work on a felar. It appears it's doing well for you. If I have any advice (I've seen you fight very little so I'm not saying you need advice or don't already do this, just throwing it out there), is that eyejab is your friend. It's great in so many situations.

Oh, and I love the warcry.
111538, Hell, how did I miss this?
Posted by Iklahn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Sad to see the delete. You were pretty much the only Villager I could count on getting an "even" fight with. And yes, I put even in quotes because fighting a ranger in the wild is not exactly the most level, but neither is a ranger fighting Battle outside of the wild. You were a great char and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
111540, RE: Hell, how did I miss this?
You were definitely one of my favorite enemies. We had some good fights and some bad ones (for me at least!). Some of those ambushes you hit me with were monstrous! I also really began to hate call lightning because of you. I swear one time it hit me for an OBLIT through resist. That's why I yelled something out the last time you hit me with it. I was just pumped to have survived it.

Great character you have going and good luck going forward.
111528, I liked this character.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact a ton beyond the induction, but I always felt
like the RP was well-defined and thought-out, and was hoping
to see you around for a long time to come.

Good luck with whatever's next for you.
111529, RE: I liked this character.
Hey thanks a lot. That means a ton coming from you. By the way, that induction was easily one of my most memorable. I was kind of hoping something like that would happen where his "hard work" would get noticed instead of having to ask for it. Thank you so much for that.
111518, Very surprised by this.
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the better villagers in Krunk's estimation and what you were lacking was mostly gear and a pinch of tactics... Both things you were likely to develop if you played it out. Anyway, classy enemy. Good luck on your next.
111525, RE: Very surprised by this.
Thanks, Krunk. I've always respected your character and thought you to be not only deathful but high quality in the sportsmanship department. Despite our disagreement over Tremblefist I think of you as sort of a trailblazer when it comes to playing orcs. This is all just my opinion, but, I think you've set the model for playing orcs that people are trying to follow. For that you deserve alot of credit. I know some people have complained about you getting rewards, but, I don't necessarily see it that way as you needed to shine to earn those rewards.

I knew what you were telling me in game about daggers. There is only one dagger I can think of that would hit an orc vuln that was never there and I couldn't think of a villager friendly dagger that was noremove. I know there were other things I could have done about getting better equipment, especially to maximize critical strike, but, I kind of got lazy about it. Plus, as you probably well know, it's tough to put together a suit that maximizes dam roll with lots of + str & dex. Especially, if you play a little reckless like I do, where you die often and lose any choice pieces.

Anyways, keep rocking with Krunk.
111534, Logs for the Departed?
Interested?
111537, Sure, go for it!
I'm sure you've got plenty :)
111576, Posted what I could find...
Only two of them, but that might be it. Or it could be that Krunk was blind on pretty much every fight, so I just can't find the end.
111579, Thanks!
I'm sure you got me more than twice. In fact, I seem to remember you getting me that time in the battlefield and then you, Tia and I fought at the destructor after I reformed but there were no deaths at big D. I guess I could look at the PK Deaths in the PBF.
111580, Already looked at your PBF...
But I didn't find the battlefield fight in my logs. Which could mean one of about 10 different things. If you really want to see it I can try harder to find it, but otherwise I'm not going to bother as it didn't turn up on my easily searchable stuff.
111585, No thanks for the logs anyway
The only thing I could tell you to make the battlefield log easier to find was that I think you killed Tiarhelle just before or after that log happened. Don't go digging for it, it's no big deal. It's not like I'm a sadist or anything!
111516, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were classy, what happened?
111526, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
I lost steam with the character. He was a fun one to play and the build was a great challenge. I did like it but I didn't really feel I was going to accomplish much with him and decided to move on to something else.

I enjoyed our interactions. You were quite tough. I'm still confused how you got out of that entwine! I will say this, I've never fought a transmuter that hit me with back to back crushing disruptions like that time you and I fought at the Island. Not only was it an OBLIT and ANNIHILATE on top of each other, but, it left me asphyxiated and nauseated. It was worse than fighting the transfigurist! Nice work.
111556, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't believe you didn't get me when I was a sitting duck during that Interview near the Isle. You were really close and I think I was really lucky. It was the perfect plan and it worked out (almost) as planned.

I was also surprised at the Isle, I've never gotten that many spells off on a villager so your spellbane must have been down or things went my way. I've been used to many draws against villagers because by the time I land 1-2 spells it's has been usually 6-7 casts and it is time to get outta dodge.

I've had to deal with my share of entwiners at the village and I've learned that buoyancy is my friend.
111562, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Haphanas Traphestus the Legend of the Battlefield
I went back shortly after the fight and checked the log and I got lucky and managed to hit you just after the tick. I later realized it might have worked better had I been wielding something to hit your vuln, but, oh well. That tactic actually got me several mage kills. I wanted to try to employ it more after whittling someone down a bit but didn't get many chances to try and work on that tactic. The conundrum I faced was if I found a mage alone I had to consider the fact that they would be unprepared and would just flee/word right when I struck them. So I usually went for it right off the bat.

And trust me, I had to double check myself that I had spellbane up! It was...

Buoyancy is what it was? Interesting. I was blind at the time and the only way I knew something happened is the person I was fighting went from covered to near perfect health. I don't think it would have mattered as I died pretty quickly there.