Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Ivar the Evil Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111480
111480, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Ivar the Evil Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 18 09:44:17 2012

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Ivar perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:86
111482, I really am sorry to see this.
Posted by Jesp on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you came after me in the ruins I wasn't ready for anything, so the only way to survive was sac the unholy. I couldn't just keep letting you drain con from me over and over, so it was you or me. Sorry. :(

Good luck with your next
111484, Not really your fault, just the culmination of my frustration
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The character concept and design I had in mind was specifically to not rank sit at any level. I wanted to power to hero. Unfortunately I realized that without access to barrier (which I couldn't find) I had roughly zero chance of survival once I hit Oshui's pk range. This isn't a knock on him, any sufficiently good at tracking goodie with the ability to seal a kill would have had the same effect.

This meant I was stuck in a no man's land of not being able to compete with the characters I wanted (and needed) to be able to compete against (not necessarily kill, but that was eventually the plan) and not having any real way of getting out of the hole. Gathering charges 1 and 2 at a time was sort of the thing I was doing to waste time. Once I lost the unholy, there didn't seem to be a reason to continue the frustration.

Had I found my sleek black, I would have simply marked that unholy off as a loss and continued on to higher ranks, but I didn't have one of the ones I know about and can gather reliably as an AP, so it was time to call it quits.
111506, if you'd powered to hero would it have been easier to find/get wands?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also does Oshui have water forms? If not, that could make getting to hero a lot easier.

I did find that limited wands were fine, but only if you're the dude that has them all. If someone else got them all first, you have a big problem.
111508, That was definitely the plan...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Finding people who can effectively rank underwater is sometimes difficult as well.

Like I said, not just Oshui is the problem, but sort the the prime example of a character that would pounce (pun fully intended) on Ivar and ruin my day if I attempted to rank up... and didn't make it all the way.