Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed, Beloved of Rayihn
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111412
111412, (DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed, Beloved of Rayihn
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 15 12:24:05 2012

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kelarin perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:498
111416, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed,...
Posted by Kelarin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am going to do my absolute best to not ramble on too long with this. Kelarin was overall a great experience for me. He had tons of ups and downs, was completely melodramatic, and probably wasn't always the ideal Battlerager, but he was a really rewarding character to play.

CF has been part of my life for a long while. Overall I think it only tends to get better as time goes on, but it certainly is far different than when I started ten+ years ago. The CF of today is far more forgiving, incredibly more player friendly/focused, and overall a really enjoyable experience 96.5% of the time.

The days of rolling a character for hours on end, full loots after every PK, and Savryn-esque death squads are no more. In some odd way, I kind of miss how harsh things once were.

There has been a lot of talk lately about excessive rewarding and favoritism, etc. As long as I can remember rewards have been an exciting part of this game. I've had things given to me by Imms of old that make today's rewards pale in comparison. I also think that you can look at past abilities such as a blooded knight's force duel, entropy's doppleganger, charm person, or whatever it might be and realize that there has always been and always will be something to complain about.

I also realize that a lot of complaining isn't about actual rewards, but rather behind the scenes politics. That is an area I truly can't grasp and really don't care to. It all seems silly to me that people have such deep rooted anger and aggression towards others in the CF community, when ultimately we are all just trying to enjoy ourselves.

I am glad for this game. I am so grateful to every single immortal from heroimm on up. To the implementors and higher level Imms who really make the game come alive, my hat is off to you and I thank you so much for such a wonderful and thrilling world.

I won't get into all of the details of Kelarin, but he was a romantic dreamer that fell in love with his Goddess. It wasn't all planned out, but the way it came together was really nice.

Kelarin was inducted into Battle without a mage kill. I think Salyeris just got tired of seeing me throw my life away and watching a lot of my foolish deaths. This definitely was not my first villager, I just really struggled with the mage kill for some reason. A big thank you to Salyeris for putting herself on the line and probably taking a bit of grief by giving me a shot.

Fjarn, Thror and Iunna - thank you for your work with the Village. I know I wasn't ideal, but you didn't break me apart too hard and I really appreciate that. You are all great additions to the game, in my humble opinion.

Krantmagna: We were tattooed at the same time and battled a lot early on. I loved your roleplay and what you brought to the table. Was really sorry to see you go.

Iklahn - Second fiddle, hm? You bastard. Lots of love for you man - you deserve everything you get and more. Hang in there.

Inerayo - Pounce is annoying, but you were great. Thanks for everything - I really felt an odd connection with you.

Darikir - I remember us fighting somewhere around level 30 and knew how tough you were then. At hero, you became a force and it was a lot of fun to go up against you (It also resulted in me typing delete/delete clear, a lot).

Kontoln - So glad you got Drillmaster. I loved everything about you. Hope it works out well.

Salyeris - I mentioned you above, but just know that you always made me feel completely inferior, which is a compliment to you.

There are so many others, but I just don't have it in me to remember them all.

Which leads me to...

Rayihn: You made the entire Kelarin experience exciting and fun. I truly felt like we went through a lot of "relationship issues" together, but in the end everything was perfect. I gave up Battle for love, which was a wonderful way to end Kelarin's life. More than anything, I will miss you and everything we shared. The character fizzled after five hundred hours, but I don't regret a moment of him. Thank you so much!
111421, <3
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So much love from this side. You're right, we did struggle like anyone else building a relationship but that only made it feel more genuine. Good luck on your next and I'm so glad you gave me so much of your time and caring.
111438, RE: <3
Going from not even knowing your shrine location to being beloved was really a great journey. This was my first ever Rayihn experience and it was so much fun. I have interacted with a lot of imms over the years, and you are definitely at the top of my list.
111439, What did you do after you left Battle?
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Krunk was always confused as you seemed to then just disappear from fighting. Which seemed nonsensical since Krunk still wanted to murder your face off (elf!) and you just wouldn't even try to engage. As a player I'm also curious... did you just sit around a Shrine or something, or were you just hiding from Krunk or exploring, or what?

I'm honestly very confused. Obviously Krunk didn't see whatever RP was behind the decision(?) to leave the village, but it seemed like the character more or less ceased to be any kind of factor afterward. I'm sure I'm mistaken, which is why I'm asking, but I would love to get some clarification as it was a very weird dynamic to deal with as Krunk.

Dun make Krunk confuse, Yuh nuh like Krunk when him... uh... confuse?!?!
111475, RE: What did you do after you left Battle?
Krunk was a tough enough match for me while I was DM with all of the battle powers. After I left the Village, the chance of me actually surviving an encounter with you, let alone taking you down, was pretty much zero. So yes, I did everything I could think of to avoid you and not get plowed over.

A lot of my time was in Seantryn, the Inn and Rayihn's Shrine after I left battle.

You're doing a really impressive job with Krunk.
111478, So you didn't start using magic?
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... and weren't trying to get back into the village? Krunk confused... No worries though.

FYI, if you had asked Krunk who was the tougher bard when Kelarin was DM and Saly was Commander (and possible before that), Krunk would have said Kelarin, hands down. Not sure what the actual difference was, but Kelarin seemed a lot tougher and generally ran Krunk off with his tail between his legs (that's not actually tail, that's something else) way more often. Doesn't mean success killing-wise, but in blud-cost, Kelarin was much tougher.
111440, All chars deserve a shot
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Happy I helped in giving you yours. RP is always the more central aspect of CF, and yours was top notch.

The Commander always gets grief for pretty much everything they do anyway I learned, so no worries, it was nothing I did not expect when I did it.

As for feeling inferior, it takes a lot of time to play any class fluidly and battle bard is actually really tough to play well even when you know how to play the class in general. (Salyeris was my sixth bard FYI). Kelarin was a lot better than my first attempt at battle bard years ago, trust me :)

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back around someday and bump into another char of yours.
111443, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed,...
Posted by Inerayo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked this character. When you and Salyeris were both logged in I knew I was in no end of trouble and I could hardly ever get the best of her, I got the best of you a few times and it made me respect you a huge amount. It made me feel bad for you sometimes too, hence the actually backing off you when I knew you were close to death instead of just finishing it off. Part of that was because we followed the same Goddess and I knew you dying would break her heart. Hence, making sure to keep you alive a bit longer. Hate to see the delete and knowing the reasons why you left Battle, I can understand how it causes problems with a character that has spent the majority of their time in a cabal, but glad you stuck with it as long as you did. Kelarin was a great character to interact with and made a huge impact on Inerayo's life. Great job, and good luck with your next.
111465, Well, goodbye to you too.
Posted by Cainargen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Such mixed feelings, but not in a negative way. Just bittersweet.

Cain loved traveling with Kelarin in the early days. You inducted me, you had great humor, I legitimately had fun traveling with you as a player, too.

When you left the village for Rayhinn...it was like your best friend and business partner saying...oh by the way I'm going to date that girl who bankrupted our company and kicked your puppy.

Cain couldn't muster any meaningful way to talk to you after that. He totally felt like you abandoned him.

But I thought your RP was so good, and you were such a great presence. You'll be missed - make something else soon!
111476, RE: Well, goodbye to you too.
I would never kick your puppy. Probably the worst part about leaving battle was a lot of the friendships that almost immediately vanished. I liked everything I saw from Cainargen and I hope that things go well for you. Thanks for the comments! :)

111427, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed, Beloved of Rayihn
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough, there was really nothing I could do against you and you were always ready to bring the fight every time you logged on. I wish I was able to speak with you after you left the village but the times we were both on there was something always going on.

I am saddened to see the delete as I remember having a conversation with you about only have a few more fights left in you one time when Iklahn and I got you.

I am also happy to have been able to interact with you and that I hope you have fun with the next one.

--Mylene

111435, RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelarin Bal'tae the Lotus Bloomed, Beloved of Rayihn
Nexus transmuter against most Villagers seems really tough to me. I love how long lived you are and everything I saw from you was classy. Nice job!
111419, Of course after I roll something that would be friendly to you, you delete. I swear you and Xas. n/t
Posted by Darikir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
111436, RE: Of course after I roll something that would be friendly to you, you delete. I swear you and Xas. n/t
With my luck, my next char will have to face you on a regular basis. Maybe someday the stars will align. I hope things go well for you!
111413, That's a shame.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had a real spark for a while that made you a lot of fun to just to RP with. Shame to see you go out this route via a boring old deletion instead of sticking it out to a con loss that I figured could not have been all that far off, but oh well. Hopefully you found something new.

I enjoyed having an almost polar opposite to my char around and hopefully I made CF a more enjoyable place for Kelarin, even if I was a "bitch" most of your char's life. And kudos for sticking to the char's RP all the time and not backing down when people challenged you on it.

Think you did a fine job as DM with your own unique take on things for what its worth.