Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Trenforl Wolfbane the Talented Tanner of Golden Wit
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111315
111315, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Trenforl Wolfbane the Talented Tanner of Golden Wit
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 5 18:53:13 2012

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Trenforl perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:311
111340, Well Tan me Hide!
Posted by Trenforl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well first up apologies, this was a kind of RP-lite char for me. I rolled it up at a suggestion since I hadn't played a druid since Sylvan, and I have to say it was a lot of fun, throughly robust class.
Con death, well yes I can't say I was conservative, pushing the limits of what I could handle solo leveling and getting myself caught out in PK, but I really expected to have deleted in the late 30 ranks, so all good. Whiysdan thanks for the interactions and Tat, I was happy to get to know your religion a bit, hope Klik keeps his word and drops off my last gift to you.

Farewells:
Outlander Went through some ebb and flow while I was on board, from wrecking the house to seriously out-gunned.
Orynth - Wish you were around more, great RP and fun to be around, but sometimes it felt like you would just suddenly Camo and void out.
Xas and Balete, two nasty killing machines from the Dark Branch. Always slightly more bloodthirsty than Trenf, but that's how it should have been.
Jawn Foote - my fellow long-term druid, we both kicked ass and f**ked up together, how did we both manage to get ourselves dead in the spire against that invoker Sheeeesh!
Dreatide - your RP reminded me of Blach back in Sylvan Days, wish you had stuck around, your presence was definitely bolstering the Sun Branch, I felt bad when I logged on late night a few times to find you had been getting hounded down by the Empire.

There were some other good lower ranks that fizzled on the way up, hopefully the new crop will hang in there.

Tribs I think I actually never even got a flag until I was 51!?!? I even killed a couple of you in town and while raiding and never got Wanted. Although I did get a bogus flag for retrieving at one point. For the most part everyone was cool in the back and forth wars. Some were just druid fodder, others like the Provost were just monsters to face with Lieutenants.

Empire Again some very cool and well played chars I wish I could have interacted with more, and the usual occasional asshats. One I skinned and kept his skin almost my whole life. The running gag was that if held it under my arm and played it like a bagpipe you could still hear him whine.
To the rotten trio - Jinjer, Ejom and Ezgrint. Boy it was fun fighting you guys at times. If I wasn't so damn lazy and cavalier about gearing for rot, although I did find a few druid tricks to deal with it later.
Dhavid, sneak little sneak! I was glad to nail you that one last time before I croaked. When you lot got me in Balator it was a total Doh moment, I was just about to log off and I thought I should just quaff, nah I'll dash to the tree and do it there. Bleh, well nice catch for you guys though.

Scions Boy oh Boy are Scions uniquely positioned to screw up a druid! I don't think I got close to putting The Chancellor or Advisor in trouble. Hap, I could deal with until you got the Hatchling, then any chance of surprising you was gone. Nice kill in the grove, if only I hadn't fled into the pool, or if I hadn't been lazy and gone and picked up a recall potion!

Battle For the most part I had a neutral relationship with, I was the turner of wood for a few of you. Kontoln I picked off when he was younger, but at hero you were just a monster too. If you and another enemy were there I would flip a coin, I think it landed heads for you once and I went after you.

Fort for the most part I had the same philosophy, multiple enemies, lets see what Whiysdan days, flip Attack! So sometimes I attacked conjurers and Paladins other times not. Oshui and I ended up as sort of co-horts, although he got rightly miffed when I when after a fort conjurer.

Nexus never could trust you lot, and sometimes actively went after you if you were aggressive to the Tree, but having Iklahn in your ranks was your ace in the whole.

Orc Horde - picked off a few, Krunk is another juggernaunt and I can't remember ever coming across such a competent batch of Orcs in a long time. Looking forward to see what Orctoberfest brings.

Over all my interactions with the playerbase was positive, there are always the usual suspects who do nothing but play the same griefer mode chars, but I would just avoid them or skin then into oblivion if they didn't stop their crap, so they would avoid me.
I'll definitely play another druid someday, now I have a better handle on Herbs and what skill/sups to focus on, but there are other class/combos out there I haven't tried, so one of those will come first when I decide to roll something up again. Maybe something with more RP meat on its bones.

I'm sure I forgot folks, so holler out. I have some logs, but did not log extensively on this char the way I have with past ones.
111348, RE: Well Tan me Hide!
Posted by Xasivus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun having so many fliers around and this is another big hit for outlander which has taken many lately.

I played a druid before Xasivus and echo you thoughts on scions. When I saw Narissorin logon, I would debate whether or not I should just go ahead and suicide my druid to save us all some time.
111332, Post some friggin' goodbyes, already.
Posted by Jawn Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Trenforl was a great, completely competent total asset to the Tree.

I would never have guessed that you were so low on CON, and figured that you were a shoe-in for Harbinger after Oryn age dies (That dude's been around for-ever.)

I definitely dug the times when we were both on together.

111316, We really didn't get to interact much.
Posted by Gorliz. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do hope you enjoyed our few fights and I was a little bit shocked to find that was your last death. It was like I just meet you and you die that very same day...very depressing. Hope you come back with something else soon...maybe tribunal we need more people. GLWYN