Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111260
111260, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 3 15:47:07 2012

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Dreatide perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:238
111311, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Grint on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my perfect foil. Literally the antithesis of Ezgrint.

Great fights, fun enemy. I thought it was really cool how there was a polar opposite of Ezgrint's around.

Hope you had fun and good luck with your next.
111266, Loved running with you!
Posted by Luminave on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once I came to grips with the fact that I had spammed too much in the elemental planes and pretty much couldn't be an outlander, I lost interest.

I loved running around with you. I think we would have made a great team for the Warders.

GLWYN
111291, RE: Loved running with you!
Posted by harbringer239 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I feel bad.. you probably have no clue how many times I tried to induct you..
Every time I logged on and probably every hour after that I would try to induct you just crossing my fingers it would have been the tipping of the scales.

I really enjoyed our interactions..
111261, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Dreatide on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just want to say this was probably the most fun I have had with a character in a very very long time. The interaction I received from Padwei was amazing.. but as with all suns that rise.. it must set some time.

It was my characters main goal to grow the Wardens.. and I did that to some degree.. When i first thought to roll this character I knew that Outlander was hurting for Wardens.. but I never knew it was that bad. Once I realized just how bad it was, it drove me to seek out more and more to join the Outlanders. I spent so much time sitting in FON in past just talking with newbies trying to encourage them to join outlanders.
I have never had an outlander before.. but I can see why people say it is one of the best Cabals.. it was amazing.. the interactions I had even with those Reavers were great.. but difficult at the same time because of how strongly my character believed in the light.
I spent so much time sitting in the FON in the past and talking to newbies encouraging them to think of the Outlanders for a future path.. it was crazy.. but so much fun at the same time

Being so new to outlanders I really had no idea how much time the coders obviously spent on the cabal.. and I just have to say it made it soo much fun.

There are so many to thank and the interactions I had I can not put them all here..
but Haytham.. I do have to say you made my expeirence raise from a 9 to a 12.. anytime you logged in when we were young.

Tulay.. I have not seen you in a long time but you were the first I brought within and you always held a special place with my character. I hope our times just were not meshing..

Padwei.. I just have to say THANKS.. the interactions we had always made me smile.. you really made me feel like you were there and watching over me in one way or another.

I can say one thing this will not be my last Outlander.. it really is an amazing Cabal.
111267, I was slightly curious
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why you were chasing after me (Apila), a random human invoker you had never met before.

Not that I cared, you were just an easy target.
111283, Pretty sure shamans get detect evil.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Goodie shaman. Evil invoker.

Nice post though. "I don't know why you would attack me and you sucked".
111284, That makes sense
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was mostly asking because he said he tried to convince people to go outlander. I enjoy such talks. They are very rare.

And by easy target, the way he chased me resulted in his death, not that he was bad.
111269, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Xasivus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As someone whose done the job before (like #### Cheney to Donald Rumsfeld) I thought you did great. I would almost say having not played an outlander before might almost be an advantage playing a warden, especially if you lean toward goodies in general. It seemed like you caught the outlander downswing and ended up outgunned when I saw you around, but you did a good job of sticking it out.

Xasivus of course never had anything good to say about you, but that didn't mean he wasn't thinking it.
111290, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
I appreciate the feedback.. I felt very very alone for a long time.. especially with so many evils about.

I have to say though You and Balete scared the hell out of me.. I was always thinking in the back of my head I am so glad I do not have to fight them..

Yeah the not playing a Outlander for the first time probably did help me.. I had one character in Sylvan way back when.. but that was a long time ago :)
111272, Mixed, but most good feelings
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dreatride was a tough opponent for Krunk. Not because your tactics were likely to kill Krunk, but because you seemed to figure out what most don't... Sometimes it is best if you can just make them run away. I think that had you chosen different tactics you *might* have made for a much tougher fight, but also might have died more often. Tough to say which would have been better.

The only thing that bothered me was the comments about taking gear I couldn't use. Playing character with war banner and the knowledge of how gear increases it's potency, getting tells about a missing piece of gear or two can be pretty frustrating from a player perspective. Not to mention you had some of the best goodie gear out there that Krunk left on your corpse more than once, but such is life in the fields.
111278, Want logs for the departed?
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I missed one where Narissorin and I got you in the past, but I think I have any other fights you want to see.
111289, RE: Mixed, but most good feelings
Posted by Dreatide on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I am sorry to say that was one of my bad days.. it just seemed I was always feeling the brunt of the stick per say..
I did not realize until later on of what the benifit was for you.. I thought you might have just been one of *those* people who sit and horde stuff..
Once I realized I was like man I probably would have done the same thing..
And yes I do appreciate the many times I died that 95% of the gear was left..

You were an extremly tough oppenent.. I think there was only a few times I thought I might be able to beat you.. with you just slipping at the last moment.
Part of my characters main premsise was the light could not be weakened for any reason.. so alot of the times I felt myself pulling back a bit to ensure that I did not die..
Out of all the times I died I still ended up having a 19 con when I deleted.. probably one of my best characters at the end of thier life.
111282, Gonna miss the rot wars
Posted by Ejomhei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It always seemed like you and I would duke it out on the open sea until the point one of us had to withdraw.

I was very impressed with your abilities as a shaman and had a lot of fun fighting you throughout the course. I knew for certain that if you were on my life was going to be that much tougher.

See you in the fields.
111292, RE: Gonna miss the rot wars
I would sit in the sea just waiting on you or Ezgrint.. :) I always knew you would come.
In truth I learned alot about shamans fighting between you two..
There were a few times I would just be focusing on something or get distracted and dam I have no moves I am going to die.. lol

I do have to say those I fought "regularly" and died to you were all upstanding there was only a couple of times in my life that I lost a boat load of clothes.(to others)

The gangs were what bugged me.. I always had to be carefull of the three others comming around the corner.

In my opionion shamans are one of the hardiest characters.. For them to die you either have to have a group against you.. or really mess up..

Was fun
Thanks
111287, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Oryntohr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh, this is a bummer. Dreatide had really grown on oryn as time went by. I hate that I haven't been able to be around much lately and missed out on what sounded like fun, but c'est la vie. I think you did a good job of balancing the membership of the tree out to some degree, so knowing that was a goal, I think you hit it. I enjoyed hanging out, even if we didn't really get to fight together much, and the few times we did I would do something silly or lose link. We could have been a nasty duo with a little planning and a little luck.

GLWYN
111293, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Dreatide Sumbre the Light Amongst the Autumn Leaves, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Things happen I understand.. There was a few fights we had that I was like dam we could do some real damage together..

I really enjoyed the interactions.. I always looked forward to you comming on..

Part of my character was really being optomistic (sometimes I slipped) but there were a handfull of characters that always reminded me and snapped me back into character. You were one.. I can say that there were times that I was just smiling as we interacted..

Thanks

111295, Crap
Posted by Haytham on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, why'd you go and delete? I just hero'd and made my first push for leader, which is gonna be cool if I get it and you probably know why. I was originally expecting to have my pledge revoked and join Outlander. I didn't actually think Iklahn would induct me. But hell, Haytham's a person, not a character. So I just ran with it.

But yeah, we did all kinds of crazy crap when we were like level 30. Raiding Trothon at level 33 was fun, as was getting that jade cameo. Druid + Shaman is a powerful combination at all levels. I'm sorry work caught up with me and I couldn't hero with you to help you with all those Imperials. I'm just glad you didn't catch any flak for all those secret shinies I showed you and that you had a blast.

I was working on getting into an interaction with you to take on your last name or something, since Haytham doesn't have one, but I guess since you deleted that won't happen now.

Anyhow, good luck with your next! I dare you to roll up a villager and hero him real fast ;)
111297, RE: Crap
Hey no reason to appolgize.. things happen I understand.
I can't say my best time was in the 30's when we were rolling together. What we did was nuts and there were alot of times I seriously thought we were going to get each other killed doing what we did. But we always came out on top.
Like you said Shaman Druid is a powerfull combo.
Haa haa vilager.. never been much for them.. but I wish you luck with leader.. I was really crossing my fingers for you to come over and take over after Orynth croaked.. (seems he never will lol)

I am looking forward to our interations in the future as I know we will.

you really made this character rock for me.. not just the showing me the shinies.. but just helping me grow into the Sunwarden..

Thanks for everything
Dreatide
111298, RE: Crap
Sorry i meant to say
I can say my best times was in the 30's.. etc
111300, You will be missed.
Posted by Jawn Foote on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We hit some pretty hard times there for a while, but you always seemed to come out of it with a good attitude, even though you took a few really ridiculous beatings.

I think you pulled off SunWarden amazingly well, and I would never have guessed that this was your first Outtie.

Come back soon. We need all the help we can get.
111309, Sad to see this.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did a really good job of grasping the religion and explaining it
to other people - better than me, even. Hope you to see you back in
the fields soon.
111313, RE: Sad to see this.
Thank you.. I seemed to find a knack with your religon over others I have played in the past it just seemed logical to me for some reason.

The conversations we had always left me grining from ear to ear.
Even the short ones where I did all the talking lol :)

I always felt like you were there to help and I really appreciated it.

I do have to say you have been one of the best imm interactions I have had in all the years I have played.
111310, From a successful convert...
Posted by Dynrod on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I spent so much time sitting in the FON in the past and
>talking to newbies encouraging them to think of the Outlanders
>for a future path.. it was crazy.. but so much fun at the same
>time

As one of those newbies you spoke to, both in FON and elsewhere, I think you were quite successful. I didn't roll my character with the expectation of going Outtie; in fact, my role includes a bit of a fall-out with "naturey" beliefs. But you were the the first to start Dynrod down that path and the one to help him finalize his decision. Your RP was quite encouraging to me as a player. I haven't had much time IRL to play recently but I'm sad to see you pass on. :(
111314, RE: From a successful convert...
Oh don't be sad I will be around in one form or another.

I had a great time interacting with you. When you started to peak intrest when we first started talking I was like ohh another one who is feigning me along.. but once I got that you were really interested I was so proud and really tried to help you along. Although not being of the light I held back a little (but not much :) ) as my main purpose was to grow the light in the tree but you fell into my secondary to encourage everyone to live life for the day and listen to their instincts.

Yeah I wish we would have had more time.. but there is always the future.
Good luck to you.