Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ficks the Champion of Arms, Shameful Brawler
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111248
111248, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ficks the Champion of Arms, Shameful Brawler
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Oct 2 18:54:35 2012

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ficks perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:92
111335, IT WAS MEEEEEEE!!!
Posted by Bubthegreat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First battle character ever, so sorry to those of you who got to deal with me learning how parity works. I tried to make sure that I fixed it if I screwed up.

I also remember how people think battle doesn't interact much, so i tried to make sure I was interacting with anyone I fought instead of just the silent PK treatment. I actually got to see some fun RP from a lot of different people.

Anyway, any comments on the char are welcome, positive or negative. Make me better at CF dammit! :D

There were a bunch of goodbyes, but I'm not going to be writing them all out at work. :( I'd like to thank Iunna specifically for making the char fun to play. I'm sorry I didn't ever follow through and get redeemed! I think if I actually had written a role I would have been able to stick it out, but I was really struggling to log in and play on this char. I honestly didn't think I'd make it past midbie pk range so I never bothered to write one.

If you want logs, just say when/who and I'll dig it up when I get home. Got Fick's whole life logged
111275, Oh the dangers of entwine...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can only imagine how sickening it is to go from thinking, "I just entwined Krunk at the big D, victory is mine!" to "WTF I'm DEAD!?!?!", but I imagine in the one fight (I think) we had, that was essentially exactly your thinking. I'd apologize, but given that entwine is so good in so many situations, having one class ability that makes it extremely dangerous to use against one specific enemy... well it just doesn't seem that bad... unless you forget.
111276, Want logs for the departed?
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
111337, Post them if you've got them! (n/t)
asdf
111279, RE: Oh the dangers of entwine...
Posted by Haphanas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah... I learned that painful lesson last night fighting Gharotuer. I was aware that entwining certain orcs was an issue, I had just never seen it in action. Gharotuer was raiding and pretty hurt at the giant when I entwined him. There were two of us against him and I had 700+ hp. I did it, and died quickly. I think I saw one round of combat? I know I was thinking at the time, with another rager and that many hp left I should be able to weather it long enough to either get one good stab in and put him down or the other guy would do it. Nope. Nada. Not a ####ing chance.

I'm ok with there being a certain class type out there that entwine is useless against, but, why does it have to be orcs?!
111280, black dragon has entwine?
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
new to me :P maybe you want to get your edit on?
111281, Wrong guy.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This guy is an arial warrior.
111336, Yeah, I literally had no idea what had just happened!
I was thinking "Wow, I can't believe he's coming in here after me as a whip spec..." and then literally one second after the entwine being at my pit incredibly confused about what just happened.

There are some mistakes that I won't be making again! :D