Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111148
111148, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 24 18:29:34 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Uhgtohg perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:228
111150, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And so ends my first duergar. It is 100% as advertised. Lethal, and totally vulnerable at the same time. Coupled with my playstyle that led to spectacular victories outdone only by my spectacular defeats. Wrath can suck it. For realz. Was a blast most of the time. Axe was a bad choice too. Gates/Landslide for legacies, and I am not good enough with gear to be able to gear effectively for it. I also never had truly sick set. I think the most dam I ever got was around 70 with poncho/thirst/berserk. I had decent weapons most of the time, and had Tarnished Faith for probably 70% of the character's life. Thank you Fjarn for that blade, cool name, really nice sword. It had been transmuted to wood at some point too, and I had that and the Skull Sword for a while and was just salivating for my chance at hero invokers that love to use elecrtic shield(which I only died to once), but I lost the Skull Sword in Thar Acacia and didn't get Tarnished Faith back until today, so, oh well. Also, for those of you who were threatened for not giving it back. Uhgtohg was a greedy duergar who hoarded his treasures, and he very much saw that sword as his by right. You could have taken pretty much anything except that blade and his trunk full of treasures. Anyway, great time in the village, had to leave early during the Rites, which sucked cause I was looking forward to the free-for-all. Thanks for everything from everyone!

IMMS
Thror- So this was my fist serious attempt at following you, too bad I burn through con so fast. Also, I usually only overlapped playtimes with you either on Monday nights or weekends, so that didn't help. I will do another one some day, promise.

Iunna- Enjoyed our few interactions, quality as usual. Thanks for putting Odrallag's name in your shrine, that was cool to see.

Whoever started the questiness, one I'm sorry I am so reckless, and two I really appreciate the effort you guys and gals put into this game, especially with little things like that. It is what keeps me coming back, and what I aspire to do if I ever get the motivation to try my hand at imming again.

Whiys- Also enjoyed our bit of banter and few interactions. Them mages had the luck a Lord Thirteen hisself!! Heh. Keep it up man!

Ray- So glad I got away with calling the bathhouse a whorehouse.

BATTLE
I can't think of a single villager that I had poor interactions with, IC wise, I basically had some friction with all of you, being as typical a duergar as I could muster, but there were no OOC issues at all.

So I started doing goodbyes and realized I was basically writing the same thing for everyone. Really enjoyed the banter, enjoyed fighting alongside of you, etc. etc. So I'm gonna do two groups.

Tia, Cranlaw, Slosyk, Varks- This was the group I did the majority of my ranking and interacting with. If Uhgtohg had friends you all would be it.

Kontoln, Crean, Cain, Abi, Issiver, Ubud- You all were the established villagers basically. Quality interactions with all of you. This is the first group of Villagers since probably Kale that I can't think of one villager that was kind of an ass beyond IC interactions. Keep up the good work, those of you left.

Finks, Gordlaf, Ubud again- Always nice to have direct conflict in the village. A huge part of what makes village RP so fun for me.

Saly- Great Commander, I was always a little skeptical because of the limited view I had as Odrallag, and then being a duergar who liked to push the rules I thought you were gonna be a softy, especially liking so much what Akedeh did, but you surprised me in a good way. Like when I asked if I could bust into cabals to chase mages and you were like, "Yeah go get em champ!" Glad I could make you chuckle over CB.

Anyone I missed, don't take it personal, like I said, nothing but quality interaction and quality behavior that I witnessed on this run through the village. Oh, thanks Kelarin for the induct, and I did take at least one victory lap pantless in your honor.

ENEMIES
Rylogax- Nice work. You really had my number. Half or more because I would rush fights and die to dumb #### like pincer spam. The first fight at the Gallow Hill and that banshee nonsense were the only times you surprised me. I wish I wouldn't have hemorahged(sp) so much con so we could have had more battles at hero. I think they would have been fun.

Jastai- Fun fights, which I totally screwed up against you. The last one especially, stupid bash spam. You are a classy enemy.

Purmodin- I really had your number and always caugt you at the worst times. On the last flag, I'm pretty sure you should've flagged the other guy from an OOC/pure rules standpoint. IC I totally get it, but yeah. You seem to be learning more and more not to sit around market square without bash protection, so that's good.

Various Dwarf pallys- You guys suck. Haha. Wrath hurts. Basically all classy fights though. I wish I would have won a few fights so I could get some banter going with you, but mostly I just ran away from you guys.

Haph- Porcupine sucks on a non-giant sword spec. Shame there isn't alot of interactions with shifters.

Zam/Nari- You guys are ridiculous. Super tough, wish I would have been able to get to full power and fight you.

Zhenyen- Another who outmatched me and who I wish I would have been able to fight on more even footing.

Rotheri- Good fights, finally got the sword, only to lose it to a gang.

OTHERS
Certain individuals who I won't name due to schemes and plots, yes I know they are the same thing. Enjoyed our scheming and hope you pull off what you intend to.

Graen- Werthless mongrel! The Iron Bastard is a great invention and I was so hoping I could somehow live longer and get that as my title. Great job and hope to bump into you in another incarnation.

Which leads me to my title, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger is easily one of the best titles ever. Thanks a bunch whoever did that.

So if I forgot you, sorry. Just holler at me. I'll be the next villager burning through their con at near-record pace.

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion
Eled ibn Llibani
Istilion Ar-Ostoeldarin
Kale Jast
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Zaahir al-Salil
Hraustr Halvard
Isidoros Ironwing
Odrallag Ashhorn and now
Uhgtohg Raazmik
111153, This is what sucks with shifters...
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... It's so damned hard to get to interact! Anyway, I did sit a few times in the same room as you and other villagers and heard your conversations. :) It was good fun. And we did have some good fights. I always enjoyed your chars, so keep it up!
111154, Classy enemy.
Posted by Aucius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing but good things to say. Good luck with your next.
111155, Easily One of My Favs
Posted by Tiarhelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From the very first interaction, I knew you were going to be a blast to play alongside ;) Knowing who one of your past chars were also makes me chuckle. Glwyn, going to miss having you around.
111156, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by Graenmar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our interactions were some of the best that I have had so far as Graenmar. I loved the conflict and totally expected you to jump me at the inn. Glad to see you never did it! lol. If I was playing pretty much any other role, Graen would have been out there fighting you any time he got, but with my role it doesn't call for that so... Better luck next time on that. Glad to see you had fun! GLWYN
111158, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahhh god damn what tha faaaaack.... When I met you I was like, thats seems really like this one idea I wrote a 4 page role for :) I enjoyed the dynamics of interacting with you, and had quite a bit of fun together, though I wish the last 50 hour or so had worked out better. Maybe if you werent in such a hurry to die, shame you missed the free for all in the rites as well, but it must have been pushing 5am for you? The personality you made had so many more miles left on it to... le sigh.

Jeeves
111160, Did you hear the one about a bear and a vulture?
Posted by Maehayla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought we would be fighting at first, I'm glad we ended up as friends... buddies... aquaintances. I always enjoyed jabbing at each other.
111161, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by Inerayo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked you as an enemy. You had some class, you were strong and really almost screwed me over a few times. The last fight was really well done by you and I was surprised to see Rotheri show up in the middle of it, but couldn't help but take advantage of it either so I could get the Key back easier. You will be missed as you spent quite a bit of time on the game and often would be the only Villager I saw. Good job from what I dealt with, which unfortunately as Zam said, wasn't much due to the restrictions of shapeshifters. Good luck with the next.
111162, Good enemy
Posted by Jastai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like the little banter between mutually respected enemies. I try to fight "honorably" and solo most of the time but your aggresive style put me in a tough spot, I really had a lot of respect for you and well done! GLWYN
111163, Haha, I think you got that sword via Uggah
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had it transmuted to wood and was going to use it but then got ahold of Desert Sun and didn't use swords all that much. Dropped it at the healer outside the Inn then I saw you with it an hour later. So if that's where you found it... you're welcome :P

Good character.
111165, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Uhgtohg Raazmik the Champion of Ancient Ways, Blood-Soaked Whoremonger
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really dug everything I saw of this character. Very wonderfully played. thumbsup!

=w=
111179, Enjoyed this Character
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed you as Tarnahan, but I was too frustrated with my inability with the char to keep going. Vasliin thought you were irritating ic, but I liked your RP. Vasliin being a defender of the village didn't find villagers mocking each other very good, but that was him. Anyway, I like the champ, good job.
111197, Woo hoo I got first listing!
Posted by Rylogax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So the dynamic of fights for me with villagers has truly been a roller coaster. This is my first necro since... well lets just say Zulgh was level 36 the last time I tried one and I didn't know there was an imperial law and I got anathema and deleted at level 23.

I almost delted like 8 times pre 30 because everything and its mom (especially villagers) were curb stomping me. Like you guys could fart and it would kill me. During that time of curb stompage (which was aplified by the commanders no ranking policy) you were the one villager who would know I just unghosted 3 ticks earlier, saw me pittifully trying to raise zombies and would just walk the other way to fight me later. For that I really respect the hell out of you.

Around the mid thirties I found my amber, and started to get a better feel for the limits of the necro class (and actually had a level advantage on some villagers) and for like 3 days I really had the number of a couple of you guys who were still in the, just rush him cause he dies in 2 rounds mentality. That fight at the gallow hill, man I was playing with the web browser client at work and my screen was limited to 12 lines so I couldn't see half of the fight and I was just praying it was working(and it did!) After that there was a few fights where you did pincer yourself down on my army but I think that you held the winning record from our engagements.

Towards the high ranks you would always manage to be between me and somewhere else I was trying to go. I wasn't super worried about dieing to you but I also didn't really expect to kill you and knew you could take out half to all of my army (which means 1-2 RL hours rebuilding it) so I generally avoided you unless I was actively trying to hunt villagers, you didn't make that avoiding easy and we had a lot of exhilerating runs through Thera.

Keep producing those characters that are a pleasure to deal with both as an enemy and an ally!