Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Oirwn Herringbone the Moonswept Poetess of Sapphire Dreams, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=111017
111017, (DELETED) [HERALD] Oirwn Herringbone the Moonswept Poetess of Sapphire Dreams, High Herald of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 16 15:25:20 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Oirwn perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:290
111030, Our deal was never completed....
Posted by Aucius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
;)

In all seriousness great job. Excellent character.
111061, RE: Our deal was never completed....
Posted by somnambulopolis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are the master of twisting around a mistell. You taught me a valuable lesson about keepreply.
111018, going to the moon, brb
I rolled Oirwn to amuse myself while I didn't have any classes during the summer. I wanted to pimp out some poems and #### around a little, and see what the scene in this game was like since I hadn't played in a long time. Somewhere along the line, I found myself really wanting to develop her story, so I started putting in role entries to try and get an alignment change. I didn't make a big giant deal about it, mainly because I'd never really had any reason for this character to get religious, so it was a rare treat to see my goals realized in the form of an unasked-for quest. Big ups to Neltouda and Amaranthe and whoever else was involved in that. I had tons of fun, even though I wasn't really sure -where- to take the character after that.

I do regret this delete a little. I wasn't completely ready to let Oirwn go, but my creativity with regard to role writing and poetry and roleplay was really starting to peter out. Plus, taking classes--barf. Good luck to the next High Herald--make sure we get us some inducts!

I interacted with a lot of really sweet characters which, since I wasn't doing a whole ton of exploration, was the biggest highlight of my experience with Oirwn. I'll respond to any goodbyes you have with my thoughts.

And for ####s and giggles, some recent/memorable past characters of mine: Ilobe, Etielise, Fyeereth, Therethine, and et Herald cetera
111019, Sissy!
Posted by legobelt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boo! Loved your char! It was always fun to sit on your head.
111060, RE: Sissy!
You were a pretty big challenge to interact with. I was always walking on eggshells with what I said around you so we could avoid the waterworks. I might pick up your PBF just so I can read the role about all of Flackerbuz's emotional problems. :P Even so, having you around was fun, and your delete was actually one of the things that helped take the wind out of my sails. Alas!
111022, Sigh
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me sad. I know all characters have to go eventually, but I definitely wanted to roleplay with Miss Herringbone some more. The little Herald cabal has been doing pretty well recently, and I think Miss Herringbone contributed largely to that sort of awesomeness. All the perks and so forth were a pleasure. You make it easy to interact with and easy to reward.

Your Lyceum entries along with some other things are in the file. They are simply waiting to get loaded into the game, and they may even be in within the next crash/reboot.

Overall I can say honestly that my CF experience was enhanced with Miss Herringbone around. To me, I think that's a pretty good compliment. Hopefully we'll see you around CF sooner than later.

-Neltouda
111062, RE: Sigh
>Overall I can say honestly that my CF experience was enhanced
>with Miss Herringbone around. To me, I think that's a pretty
>good compliment. Hopefully we'll see you around CF sooner than
>later.

Your presence most definitely enhanced my experience. I really appreciate you throwing all those challenges my way, and am probably going to roll a Nelly follower when I've got more time to devote, especially now that your religion covers my OTHER favorite sphere.

Oh, and I totally found that statue but kept forgetting to tell you. Oops.
111024, RE: going to the moon, brb
Posted by Graenmar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No!!!! I just got to be able to travel with you!!!! It was always an adventure when you were around and I hope what little time I got to RP with you was good RP and I will definitely continue my mixing! GLWYN
111063, RE: going to the moon, brb
Sorry! I liked Graenmar and would've enjoyed getting to know him better, but stuff just gets in the way I guess. You're doing awesome as a bartender, and I really like your idea of tailoring a drink for every race. :)
111025, RE: going to the moon, brb
Posted by Kelthon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Neltouda said it very well and I would like to echo her comment in that you most certainly made CF a better place and enhanced my experience. You were a wonderful High Herald and took the various skills and abilities of the Inn to a new level that I have not seen before. You will be dearly missed. I will remember your events and the three-braided-gnome-hat-dance. I hope you come back and soon.

All the best too you!

Kelthon
111064, RE: going to the moon, brb
Oh god, that gnome hat dance. At first I was like, "Noooo! My dignity!" And then I was like, "Wait, what dignity?"

I'm glad you enjoyed everything, and the superstition schtick you've got is SO COOL. I can't wait to read the collection in the Lyceum some day.
111028, Great character.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed watching and interacting with you. GLWYN.
111059, RE: going to the moon, brb
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked this character and was looking forward to more. Hope you had fun!

=w=
111065, RE: going to the moon, brb
When I first rolled up I was like, "New Herald god? lolwut?" You're an awesome presence to have around, and I still remember being a little bitty low-level noob and having you randomly tell me the secret of life while I was ####ing around in Blackclaw. Lots of fun!
111083, *sigh*
Posted by Ziruanja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some awesome memories together. I seriously enjoyed RP-ing with you. You are definitely one of the best I've run into. Our little crusades were fun too. Good luck with your next.
111094, RE: *sigh*
I had a lot of fun running around with you, too, and writing your poem was one particular challenge that I really enjoyed. I hope you liked it. :D I'm always worried I miss the mark completely whenever I write something about someone else's character.
111109, Oirwn! Noooooo! Aaaoooooooo! AAAAaaaaooo!
Posted by Maehayla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Howls of sadness. We've all been missing you. Judging from that list of characters, you really know how to get things done. I would like to picked your brain over that but I'll just learn slowly like everyone else,

Oirwn really helped Maehayla a lot, even now after you left. She'll be writing a story about you for sure. I think you inducted me at lvl 11. I remember not being able to use any herald skills and thinking, oops! I should have applied later. I busted my butt ranking up, then got stuck in a rut for a long time. When we were finally able to group, you have to delete. That stinks. Good luck with classes et all.
111114, RE: Oirwn! Noooooo! Aaaoooooooo! AAAAaaaaooo!
I loved Maehayla. You were sweet and interesting and funny and a good explore buddy. And I think you know how to get things done, too, since you're taking some serious initiative in the event department with a unique spin, which is super cool and always entertaining.

Good luck and keep having fun!
111118, Ha! You said "Peter out".
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have nothing actually relevant to say. I sent you a PM on Dios. :P
111134, RE: going to the moon, brb
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww, sorry to see you go, but I understand. Trust me, I understand.

Enjoyed your character a lot, and I hope you appreciated the Ultimate Heraldpalooza of an experience Nelly and I gave you on the moon journey. I hope you didn't mind me sort of lassoing you into being Lyria's follower (I do know I kind of cornered you RP-wise, but Oirwn was just so perfectly a character that would have been a Lyria follower, I used you to reawaken the legacy of an imm character I sometimes miss playing.)