Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, Swept by the Waves, Lulled by the Currents
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=110489
110489, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, Swept by the Waves, Lulled by the Currents
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Aug 22 12:13:07 2012

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Darikir perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:405
110576, Havefun
Posted by Amander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hope your next is even better. Sorry if we never rolled together. I am barely still developed enough to really be on the go as much as you were.
110579, RE: Havefun
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Amander - You really impressed me and showed me that sometimes the forms that people think are bad really aren't.
110554, You shined brightly!
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words, and all our travels. I still remember when we went through some of the Dragon Tower and it was a blast for me. You were a powerhouse to have around and you will be missed.

I can understand the frustrations of not being able to give items from villagers corpses to the couriers but I think their death causes much more help to the veil than the death of a non-magi nexun does (not really sure on this but it's also not something that I'd like to see tested out)

Good luck and come back with another, there are much more places to explore!

110530, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, ...
Posted by fenarum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So many have said how great of a character darikir was. I totally agree. I didnt get to spend much of your life around you, but I am happy for the time I got. Sad to see you go! GLWYN
110542, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, ...
Fenarum - You were a lot of fun and had a lot of spirit for the forms you had. Darikir actually felt like he inspired Fenarum to be braver than he should have been, and regretted it and admired it all at the same time.
110516, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, Swept by the Waves, Lulled by the Currents
Posted by Volkaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was Verdrim by the way. Glad to see how Darikir had developed. What was your third legacy by the way? I didn't recall 'parry anything' working so well on arial sword :P
110550, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darikir Nevaihr the Watermarked, Swept by the Waves, Lulled by the Currents
Verdrim - I really enjoyed running with you, but after a while I felt like you got really annoyed with Darikir in almost a little brother like fashion for getting far too many last hits.

My third legacy was place of the raging river, which was somewhat useful. It stopped about 85% of the attempts to put me to sleep I think. If I had been able to choose one that still fit with the water theme I would have probably preferred Mercy of the Typhoon for the insane amount of people that wanted to run or Incarnadine Wave to cause bleeding and negative dex. The bad part about tearing up your range is that they often view you as already powerful and don't want to give you OP rewards.

Parry anything really shines against lower level opponents or if you are faster than your opponent, from what I could tell.
110492, Goodbyes
If you don't want to read a lot, just skip to the names you are interested in. This will be long.

This was my first character to be immortally inducted, or get a tattoo, or to get an awesome custom title, or a third legacy. This was my first character to be deadly. In every way this character was more successful than I could have hoped for.

I had just finished playing a character that was incredibly bad at PK, and during that characters lifetime I fought Xazzax. I got hurt rather quickly, and he was kind enough to offer me a few suggestions after. The first included flow of shadows, combined with parry anything and evasive allowed him to avoid something like 2/3 of flurries. I had remembered arial sword warriors of old being mean, but supposedly they were toned down. I was advised by a friend that that if I really want to get over serial no name characters that I try to start with a story that pushes me to seek out an immortal. All of this lead to the creation of Darikir.

Nexus
Rayihn - How can I not start with you? I started out having no experience with immteraction, but you put up with me and let Darikir develop naturally. Thank you for putting up with my absence from the Bathhouse and encouraging and blessing me so much. I intend to eventually return to the Bathhouse, but I think I might wait until it isn't quite so full.

Iklahn - There was no one I respected more. I didn't come to the Island through you, and I think that made you approach me slightly different at first. I also came to the Island to serve it, not try to make it conform to myself so that helped with us not clashing. I still wish I hadn't gotten so "political" with the last election, for what its worth.

Inerayo - We became a terror bonded and that was a lot of fun. You were willing to go into just about any situation with me, and somehow we often stayed alive.

Mylene - Thank you for all of the help, you may not be the most aggressive but you were surely one of the nicest and most willing to aid.

Kaabunk - I didn't get to spend as much time as I would like with you, but it was incredibly helpful to have a giant around to bash someone as I could not keep them still.

Kii - It has been a while, but thank you for taking the time to talk with me and give your recommendation.

Xanta - Sorry I blew up with you over the stupid wing guards. I probably really shouldn't have.

Krantmagna - Thank you for showing me so much about how to interact with Rayihn, even if you didn't know you were showing me.

Relgarr - I am SO sorry about stealing that last hit on Trenforl. I don't know why I thought I should worry about a dwarf at your percentage of health.

Village
Salyeris - I can't believe after all the fighting I had with you, I only managed to kill you once. I know that Rayihn did not like you, but man it is hard not to like a worthy opponent. Thank you for being a respectful opponent.

Kelarin - I actually liked Kelarin, but your mere presence as Drillmaster often set the balance to us fighting. If you were not chaotic, we would have fought much less as well. Thank you for being a respectful opponent, I don't think either of us took more than gold each time we fell once older.

Yoshika - I tried to stop killing you, but if you were not strangling me you were stalking me to fail your assassination. You kept your head and tongue in check and were one of my favorite opponents, who actually learned and adapted to fight me.

Cearnaigh - When I note to my cabal that you just awoke, and then another says he will be sleeping shortly and you do, there are problems that you need to address. As it was, you were fully capable of fighting and killing me by yourself and almost never faced me unless I really put myself out there. You were a respectful opponent and I was glad that you got revenge before I retired.

Rathmuk - You were the first deadly villager (barring bards) when your halls were all but empty, and I was surprised when you deleted. You should have stuck it out, I think you would have been unstoppable in time.

Martel - Well done on that assassination, I was just about to sleep otherwise I wouldn't have stayed in one spot so long. As it was, I was trying to pass off a piece of armor to a cabal mate and right after you landed it.

Szzilizi - You were a respected opponent and I wish you would have stuck it out, but it seems the life of a drow in village is hard.

Cainargen - I could not believe that an elf could hit that hard. I was lucky not to have fallen to you.

Issiver - I understand that what you do may have IC justification, and you have been rewarded for it. That being said, you are nothing but a griefer and you should be thankful that the Rhyme protects your corpse from being emptied.

Ackor - The last one I fell to. You were an incredibly tough fight, as it felt all mirror matches were. How can I fight myself with deathblow and resist and bloodthirst? The only way is bonded, which is the huge downside to Nexus. I can't say that you looted me enough to complain, but I really don't see why you couldn't keep the respect mutual. I didn't take your swords and sacrifice them when you were dead before me. Why take mine and give them to Tahren?

Outlanders
Xasivus - Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of interacting with you.

Riethen - After falling you in three hits and not realizing you were afk, I apologized and told you everything was left in the corpse which probably went to the pit. Take the apology and stop going off on a tirade about how you will kill me and I will never see it coming. Guess what, it never came.

Fortress
Tanion - I enjoyed interacting with you, though I found your shift in opinion on me interesting.

Rosaline - You were a joy to interact with.

Clahier - I enjoyed our fights and your stance on the Isle.

Nenvell - You may have been the first person I hated, though I tried to not let it affect how I addressed the balance. I think the Isle probably rejoiced when I finally put you in your place while their was balance.

Scion
Drekvah/Narissorin/Zameida - All were enjoyable to interact with and fight.

Empire
Alannah - I am not sure how heavily the note you sent swayed the vote, but I doubt it aided in the end. I enjoyed interacting with you and having a "friend".

Volkaen - I felt bad that our fights were so heavily one sided, but tried to help you be a better warrior.

Tribunal
Ziruanja - You have more guts and honor than most of Thera. Always a pleasure.

I am sure I missed plenty, just post and I will respond.

Any who I fell, if you were puzzled I tried to talk with you and discuss strategy. I tried for Darikir to NOT be a jerk, even with having reason to be to some people.

As far as why I deleted, I had intended to try to make Darikir my first character to age die. I had even had some discussions with Iklahn and Rayihn on it. I finally hit old age, realized I had another 50-100ish hours to go, and just got worn out. Jab and flurry just get boring eventually. A new crop of Nexuns and Villagers had just came up, and I think both sides set the precedent of looting and no respect. Darikir began to feel like a relic of ages past, where he fought Kelarin and Alannah and others and there was a respect shown. That being apparently over, he decided to retire and as I like to think grabbing a few barrels of ale and finding a place to settle down near where he was raised to take on his new found hobby of drinking.

If I.. lost my cool with anyone, I apologize. I tried not to, but it happened occasionally. Please let me know if you have any suggestions that I should take into my next character on how to be a better mortal, follower, etc.
110494, Bah
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Obviously I'm not you or this Ackor person, but as a general comment nothing annoys me more than someone complaining that a rager gave some items to Tahren, saying "why did you take my things, you have no use for them" or that giving to Tahren is somehow wrong.

Give it a rest. I can't believe how pussified cf seems to have become.
110497, RE: Bah
I understand that that seems "pussified" to you. Maybe it is. All I am saying is that, I tried to show a lot of respect to the people I fought to make the game *GASP* FUN. Ask anyone who fought me how often I looted if you like. The fact that they take weapons to Tahren that I can't get until next reboot, which I don't play enough and I just might not get again is just annoying. It made me want to start full looting and sacing certain people, but Darikir had never done that and I would rather go out as I had always acted then become a jerk like the rest of you wish everyone on this mud to be.
110504, RE: Bah
You know that fun you're talking about? There was plenty of it, and far more players, back in the day when nobody seemed to care quite so much about "respect" and "oh my gosh, i really shouldn't loot, it's horrible!!" Yes, it is pussified. People afraid to take stuff, forget about that they can't use (which is a lie, EVERYTHING can be used if for nothing else than to sell, get gold and commerce xp), but stuff they actually have a use for, like wielding, or veil shifting? Ridiculous.

It's like people ignore that whole "You see that sword you may have to kill someone for it" description of the game. Is that still even there?

And yeah, boo hoo, you won't get your favorite sword back until a reboot, or some while. How about things move around? I can't imagine how people play knowing they can NEVER get something because someone else has it and they can't loot it because of all this ####footing around. Blech.
110506, RE: Bah
Or they could kill me and take it and use it. I did that to people, and I understand people doing that to me. I remember some of the older days (late 90's/early 2000's I think) when I used to play, and just because it used to be that way does not make it enjoyable.

In the end, I think we have to agree to disagree man. The game obviously supports it, so it isn't against the rules or anything.
110587, Gasp-fun?
Posted by Gorach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How about the fun you take away from people who would also like to get a shot at those things (be they weapons or armor? God knows how many times I went looking for Amathylar, for instance). They're not 'your' things, you know.

That being said, I *do* understand how frustrating it can be to lose a certain item (or more), but that's just part of the game. I'm with Graatch on this one: full looting is part of the game. I don't do it myself (anymore - just like you, I get frustrated when it *does* happen to me), but I expect it to happen at any time. What I do, is just log off, cool down, wait a few hours/days and then get back up.
110495, Just once? Nah.
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you killed me much more than that actually. Maybe you did not get the KB, but I'm pretty sure I died in a couple fights you were part of. Alone, it was likely always going to be a stalemate.

I found Darikir annoying in general. Don't get me wrong, it was totally IC in that damn it, Darikir's awake, I can't stop him from getting back the key way. You would hit, run, heal, return, and there was often nothing that could be done to really stop you. :)

Also, I really hate having to fight people that are hell bent on retrieval, because IC I almost have to kill you, but OC I really just wanted you to wait or not just sit there telegraphing it. I'm sorry if today was especially bad in terms of dying, seemed to me like you were going far more reckless than normal and maybe you were just ready to be done.

I liked having a really tough foe though, and if you thought I gave you problems, just keep in mind that you gave me just as many in fights. And you were almost certainly the toughest Islander, next to maybe Iklahn. I kept a resist cold piece of gear just because of you having that one sword as your primary you know, and I all but gave up on going for maladict songs against you most times since it never seemed to do any good. ;)

And oh yeah, Rayihn doesn't like the commander for very good reason. But that's an RP IC thing (I hope!) and I think it's ultimately good to have that little aspect of things ongoing, it certainly colors how I try to act IC - especially since lots of her followers are in the Island. :)

Anyway, good job, I wrote a bit, but we went at it so much that I thought you deserved a bit more than a simple well done!

See you in the fields again soon I hope.
110505, RE: Just once? Nah.
I was a little more reckless, but I could swear I was getting hit a little more than I was used to as well. It is hard to get out of a fight when you are 600/900 and you eat a flurry down to 100 in between blasts that were keeping me there fairly reliably.

I know you didn't want to kill me, honestly. I just had plenty of deaths to give at that point and wanted to see if I could retrieve or not. I think I had mostly been spoiled in how I was allowed to play Darikir, and now that a few were able to challenge me so well I really should have been playing more conservative. That being said, I didn't have it in me to not try.

At the end I used a different sword primary hand to get past the resist cold gear, but then I would hit giant resist on your other ally so it was a mixed bag.
110496, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Treyliu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You were a complete one-man wrecking ball and will be greatly missed by the Island--and by me. I was hoping to see you as Rhyme and I'm certain you would have been if you'd outlived Iklahn.

You were my favorite Nexun to run around with and I definitely hear what you're saying about all of the looting and weapon sacrificing going out lately-- it's put me in a bad mood on several occasions as well and it doesn't have to be that way, nor did it used to be.

Well done and hope to see you out there again. Be well!
110503, RE: Goodbyes
I am glad you enjoyed our adventures. I was always glad to see Treyliu awake. Know that I didn't waste what you last gathered for me.
110498, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Inerayo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What... the... hell. I see you today, I give you a little in my own way pep talk about how you shouldn't let things get to you, keep it up, it'll only be better in the long run. And then I get on here this afternoon from work where I'm down in the dumps as it is and boom, you're gone.

As for the less abrasive goodbye part. Damn it... you're really going to be missed. You and Iklahn are the rock that all the mages in the Island lean against. There are others who are great to be there and help us out and be our martial bondmates, but you two are crazy amazing and you were my main bondmate on top of that. I think that made us look like a... planned out team a lot, but we really weren't.

You and I had some rough fights, and you were the first bondmate I've ever had that I could spend time communicating with and just had some... great connection with where I could almost just sit and do my thing and know that you would hold up your end as well. It's hard to find. As far as Villagers go, and forget Graatch's response, there has been a lot of bad things going on on both sides that we're trying to quell, at least on our side. Respect to your enemy is something that we've seemed to push for in the 300 something hours we've been alive and in the Island, and this new batch just doesn't really seem to have it. With that and the rampant "log in, look for villagers on if I'm a villager, log off because I'm the only villagers" as an enemy, I kinda wish for the days of Bryvac and such where zerkers would walk into 4 people and win at the opposing inners.

You had this crazy way of doing things that made me think of someone like Solec in the respect of you would make a run at the giant to regain the key with seven people there... and somehow come out alive. You fought the odds everytime and seemed to always come out ahead and that was extremely respectable to anyone who watched it. While I'll admit, some of your enemies seemed to do things that made no sense at all in trying to kill you, you could go toe for toe with about anyone and never seem to have them totally destroy you if you didn't want it...

Well, this has obviously gone on FAR too long and much longer than I planed... so I'm going to leave off with amazing character, amazing job fighting and doing what you do, and I'm glad you took your friend's advice on creating a non "no name character" or whatever it was, you were definately worth being around every chance I ever got.
110500, RE: Goodbyes
You deserve more than I wrote, but I and Darikir are apparently not as eloquent as you and Inerayo. Know that it was a pleasure having a bondmate read my mind for me.
110499, Orcs... always overlooked...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Darikir was an interesting character and is probably one of the very few characters that have experienced the full gambit of Krunk interaction types... Enemy, Ally, Backstabbing Ally, Backstabbing Enemy? (yea it is all pretty much the same)

Darikir also went from pathetically easy PK win, to tough fight, to "too much blud cost", which is a Krunk way of saying, without chugging 50lbs of blood, Krunk isn't going to kill you, and could very well die. Krunk will take his chances elsewhere.

That said, respect is not a lack of looting. When Krunk told you he would take your swords if you fell, that is a form of respect. The fact is, with the swords you had, Krunk basically couldn't fight you (see above). Looting when you don't need/can't use the equipment basically means, you are strong enough I feel it necessary to make you weaker by depriving you of certain gear, or your gear is annoying. The real trick is always getting that gear back or otherwise building back up to that level of toughness.

Very good char, and a very good progression of pk tactics (you are one of the few who actively tried to exploit a glaring Krunk weakness).

Krunk will be momentarily saddened by the loss of such a fine sometimes opponent and oftimes ally. He'll have to drown his sorrow in the blud of enmies. Woe is hutmen.
110502, RE: Orcs... always overlooked...
I am going to catch flack for this. I didn't delete because I lost swords, I had plenty left. I am pretty sure Ackor had REALLY justified RP for it. I just wish he had really given some thought to how his opponents treat him and how it looks upon him to treat them worse. He just killed me, the veil was extremely thick, why take anything?

As far as how you say it, I had respect that you told me to my face you would. But if you took what you couldn't use, especially if you didn't sac it, I would really believe you to be a griefer. You are basically saying, hey I finally figured out how to kill you, and I want to do that some more with less challenge. I really don't see the difference between that and keeping the goodie only gear on an evil.

As far as Krunk, I enjoyed him and was thankful I figured out how to win after that first beating I took.
110507, My thoughts on Darikir
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We used to joke that Vasliin had Darikir as a brother through the bathhouse, but he was the black sheep, the brother I didn't want. It wasn't that I dislike you but more that I could never seem to beat you and you were a flurry monkey. There is nothing wrong with it, so don't see it that way. As for the looting, IMO, CF has gotten very soft in this regard and we all feel so hurt if someone loots three pieces (believe me, I am just as guilty of getting mad at this) but honestly we shouldn't be, because things are way better than they used to be. Krunk actually did full loot me once and I thought I handled it quite well, which I was proud of. All of that to say, you beat villagers left and right and killed a ton of us, and there is no reason you shouldn't have expected to get looted quite a bit in order to "even the playing field" for a temporary bit of time. I always expected to lose my darkened gear when I fell, and was quite surprised when I didn't, especially after my wings were looted just because they made me hard to trip. Funny part aout that, tripping is a stupid way to go against a svirf when they are SOOOO vulnerable to bash.
110508, Silly Svirf
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wings nuh for Krunk trip. Krunk eat wings for giant legsweep.

I'm not going to defend any other Krunk actions here, just wanted to make it clear that taking the wings specifically was not for "tripping" which I tried to tell you without actually telling you IC.
110509, Thats fine...that comment wasn't about Krunk.
It was about Inerayo and Darikir looting them when I was killed by a gank.
110510, RE: My thoughts on Darikir
Vasliin - After we were on "speaking" terms I thoroughly enjoyed fighting you and almost didn't get away more than a few times.

As far as the looting, it isn't about looting to me so much as it is about respect. I'm done talking about it already, look up through some of my other replies as I think I have made my position perfectly clear.
110511, I understand what you mean about respect.
I'm just saying I think we, meaning me including, want others to hold the same opinion that we do. I typically don't loot much, but sometimes I do if I have other frustrations with how I perceive.
110512, Great character
Posted by Iklahn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I loved everything about Darikir. All the good, and the bad. As far as that whole last vote and politics nonsense of it, I as a player applaud you for taking a stance that seemed very fitting for your character to do. I do hope that you realize my reaction to it was very IC, because it treaded on something very dear to Iklahn. That being said, I cannot applaud you enough on making such a fantastic character.

As far as that whole Issiver thing goes, if YOU would have killed him, I wouldn't have come down on you full looting him. When you aren't even on line and I go two mages going loot happy because "Darikir said he deserves it," I am not okay with that. I hope that sheds a little bit of light on my choices regarding that.
110543, RE: Great character
I understand your stance on it, and the truth is I didn't want Darikir to be that full looting jerk that I hate to see but any time Issiver died I expected him to be losing enough to hopefully change his idea on how to treat others.
110562, Thieves steal, it's just how it is. It's not really griefing.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Playing Allysia during Flaaayin's time I can't even count how many magical things I lost to him when he he knocked me out.
I would, on a daily basis, be knocked out, and have everything magical stolen. I'm talking any carried items and a floating chest of preps, gone. Daily. But, I eventually got a worn container and just stopped carrying extra crap when he was around. And yeah, I wanted to full him for it, but I never did. And when he killed me, he did what a battlerager should, takes things to the forge. And then if I cared, I could get them back later. Really, it's not griefing, it's just what happens. You have no right to your armor or to the things you carry. You want to not be stolen from, don't carry things to steal.

Flaaayin never went up to a warrior and attacked them straight up, he'd probably lose everytime. It's silly to think any thief wouldn't use their full arsenal against people. Steal is a part of that arsenal, and actually very effective at killing people.

Griefing is an uncaballed thief who follows people around stealing, runs around trying to corpse loot, and otherwise has no discernable RP.

I have a feeling you were frustrated with him for basically being a thief and acting as a thief would act. It's actually RP wise a good thing he is doing.

And if you kill him, you can always do what you want in return :)
110563, RE: Thieves steal, it's just how it is. It's not really griefing.
I never said it wasn't good thief RP. I've done it to some degree on a thief. I still think of it as griefing, and have paid the price myself. My opinion.
110567, RE: Thieves steal, it's just how it is. It's not really griefing.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think anything that helps you win that's basically within the spirit or rules of a competitive game can fairly be considered griefing.

It can be something you don't like and you're certainly entitled to react as such, but "griefing" in a multiplayer game means something fairly specific and behavior I've personally seen from him didn't qualify.
110573, RE: Thieves steal, it's just how it is. It's not really griefing.
Obviously, my definition of griefing is wrong. I am sorry Issiver, you just annoyed the **** out of me you didn't grief.
110575, RE: Thieves steal, it's just how it is. It's not really griefing.
See I'm totally cool with that!
110517, Darikir was one of my favorite all-time Nexans.
Posted by Ziruanja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I die, I'm going to post a few awesome fights between us, including that one where you got me with flurry.
110544, RE: Darikir was one of my favorite all-time Nexans.
Thanks, I will let you post those in your own time then.
110518, Loved my Darikir!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did start off rather awkward, but I think you had the right idea in having this good role reason for seeking me out, something that you could really rely upon for an RP crutch when you hit a stumbling block. And I think it all worked out perfectly.

You had a few areas that I'd suggest you work on next time. First, gear is gear. I'm with you, I wouldn't want to have to regear either, but trust me when it's better all around when you just don't say a word about losing gear. It might sound strange, but keeping quiet about a bad loot makes you shine like a rockstar. If you want to top Darikir, that's going to be the way to do it.

All in all, I thought this was a seriously tough and really well played character. And I am looking forward to you tackling Rayihn's religion again. It always kind of cracked me up when you'd be like: I have no desire for the kind of connection you have with x or x but I'm still jealous of it. I understood it, but it was still funny.

110545, RE: Loved my Darikir!
Thank you for actually giving me advice. I will plan on just not talking to the ones who I just fell to about any gear lost. That seems like a smart line to draw in the sand. I truly intend to play something that doesn't need gear quite as bad as a sword warrior to help with that as well.
110521, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Kelarin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sorry to see Darikir go. The character was well played, respectful and overall a lot of fun to have around. It's nice to fight someone who is gutsy and tough all at the same time.

Really nice job on this one!
110524, Well played.
Posted by Cearnaigh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hated fighting you. But I loved to hate fighting you.

I like it when surviving a fight is a win.

Thats pretty much my funstick line, I want to be able to fight everyone and survive unless I make a mistake I can point to and say "Theres my mistake that I can fix."

I don't like it when I get plowed and all I can say is "Well nothing I could have changed to survive that."

I have been upset with Nep for a long time that the dex changes had unbalanced the game.

Even though your play today was unfortunate, it proved it was the player and not the mechanics that made the difference in our fights.

You were a terror and you made the game fun.

I'll leave my response to your other opinions til I'm gone.

I was disappointed that you had no reply to my last statement to you, so heres its source in its entirety:

Robert Herrick 1591-1674
To the Virgins, to make much of Time

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he 's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he 's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
You may for ever tarry.

Come back we'll fight some more.

- Cearnaigh
110546, RE: Well played.
I wouldn't have said anything beyond the fact that I ended up liking Cearnaigh and don't want you to get a stigma for what is more visible than you might think. As far as last replies, my last two days of playing Darikir I always had five people wanting to talk with me while trying to manage setting up fights I could potentially win. A few responses got lost in the mix, but thanks for actually referencing something cool.
110528, You were rediculous
Posted by Abiritha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most I fight, I usually hold an edge too when fighting. You had one point more dex than I, but you for some reason were the toughest unrealistic fight in the whole entire game for me. I liked your playstyle, and you had good RP and I did try to per say respect your corpse when it was made, but for f's sake man, you want to get upset about a lack of respect when you are steamrolling two-three villagers fighting you at once with losing maybe 100-200 hp in the fight, parrying everything riposting almost every other attack and raping face like it was nothing. Yes, you are going to lose something when you die especially when you are considerably that OP. I don't know that it was whether it was the edges or your legacies, but probably the combination. You blocked or dodged everything I threw at you which was ####. 100% on all my skills and couldn't hit you but maybe one out of 10 times.

One thing I'd like to put into perspective for you though about the whole respect thing. An anti-paladin gets beastly and is raping their field, one minute everybody is alive, the next his enemies are dead. Well that was you with most of the village solo killing two or three people. The Anti-paladin dies, you take his weapon, he's not as beasty, He can still kill but he just loses the let me type murder person and win to sleep, summon, spell up, fight and chase to build up charges. Like I said, this is what you seemed like to me, and even though I didn't take much if anything from you when you died, you still deserved to lose like half your things so you could not be so OP .

I was wanting you to keep living though because I wanted to see if I could just get better at fighting you but nothing I seemed to do worked so you were just an aggravation.
110547, RE: You were rediculous
Abiritha - I felt really bad about how easily you would get ran off. I think a lot of it was fighting you before you hero'd. Some of it was you didn't stick to spear/staff as much as you should have to parry my flurries (See Cainargen). As far as respect, I felt Abiritha had a ton and never had any problems with him that I can remember.

I am going to copy and paste my response to Krunk about taking what you don't need, with a few tweaks.
"I am going to catch flack for this. I didn't delete because I lost swords, I had plenty left. I am pretty sure Ackor had REALLY justified RP for it. I just wish he had really given some thought to how his opponents treat him and how it looks upon him to treat them worse. He just killed me, the veil was extremely thick, why take anything?

If you took what you couldn't use, especially if you didn't sac it, I would really believe you to be a griefer. You are basically saying, hey I finally figured out how to kill you, and I want to do that some more with less challenge. If the items are kept, I really don't see the difference between that and keeping the goodie only gear on an evil."
I suppose I expect villagers to want to face the best warriors, not try to run them off or weaken them. My expectations are often far different than what actually exists, so take it at face value.
110588, Really sad to see you go though
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough as nails don't get me wrong. I might have taken a few select items from you if I did kill you but I did eventually want to 1v1 kill you but now I won't have the chance. You were a good guy as an enemy unlike a certain elf paladin who's a douche, but I still wanted to be able to kill you 1v1 and not die like a chump or run screaming like the little psycho girl abiritha was. anyways Cheers, come play a villager, we could use that talent on our side lol.
110539, RE: Goodbyes
I never personally saw anything but cool from Darikir and from what you're saying this is a huge step forward for you as a character. Nice job.

>Please let me know if you have
>any suggestions that I should take into my next character on
>how to be a better mortal, follower, etc.

If I could give you one tip for the next time around: try to come up with some kind of RP angle that will come across a little more with other players, especially outside of your religion/cabal.

I'm not always good at that, myself, but the characters that do it well always stick out in a good way. It might be a good next step.
110549, RE: Goodbyes
Thank you very much for giving me advice. I will keep that in mind when trying to develop my next role.
110541, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Ackor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something told me that when I saw you log off while we still had the key and you were not going to attempt to raid that it might be my last time seeing you. Now I will never get to make that poncho of you I wanted. BAH.

You were a tough, tough opponent. Probably one of the toughest I have faced in awhile. I remember being there the one time you came to fight Sizzlizzi(however you spell it) and sitting at the destructor. He said something to me like "Damn I hate that Darikir, he is soo strong". I looked at him and said "kill him, he is still mortal". Then you kill the giant, walk in, and proceed to kill him and the destructor without ever leaving to go heal. He walks back in and says "maybe now you will understand". I laughed and told him I was going to kill you one day. And I did.

Here is one thing you have got to understand. You were a powerhouse. I often sat back and said "wow. he is killing villagers left and right. but when he does die(the 2-5 times I did see u die) no one EVER takes his swords away from him." I come back to my corpse sometimes - things are missing. Weapons are missing. And at first it did used to make me upset a little. Then a voice in my head set me straight. Everytime I have died recently the first thing I say to myself while running back to my corpse is "Expect everything to be gone". That way when I do get there and see things I get excited.

You cant expect to run around with : Spirit Breaker, Amathlyar, Sandstorm, Wave Dancer, Artic Moon, Blade of black energy or whatever and NOT eventually get them taken.

I was tired of seeing you Steamroll other villagers. Wasnt giving you back your prized weapons to continue. Its not like I kept them either. They went to Tahren. Go kill whoever has it and hope for a repop.

I did and still do have respect for your character and any other character I come across. But this is Carrionfields. Not FlowerLovePeaceJoyfields.

You will be missed. I was hoping you would come back for me. I was waiting. GLWYN
110551, RE: Goodbyes
As I have said in a few replies, I figure you probably have good RP reasons for doing what you did. I still think it says a lot when you have to take away from your opponent to try to protect your allies. Especially when I had died like three times that day before we even met and you took me down solo in a contest that wasn't that close. In some ways Ackor was the last line, a mirror build done right who could finally show off rager powers against nexus powers. Without a bondmate, I would pretty much have to have a lot of luck to not die to you constantly. I had also never had landslide used against me and man, that may be trip lag but it feels like more.
110556, RE: Goodbyes
I think it is you who is the griefer. Taking the weapons and giving to Tahren means others can get them, others can have some fun with them. The way you want it, you get to keep unique fun items for hundreds of hours, and nobody else gets to have fun with them. Pretty selfish.

Looting is good. Looting is necessary. All praise looting.
110559, RE: Goodbyes
Is this trolling? Can't quite tell.
110560, Doubt it.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just simple truth.
110552, Iunna
Fri Aug 17 16:18:12 2012 by 'Iunna' at level 51 (390 hrs):
This guy makes me miss Kassibaz. A lot. (Which is to say I don't see what's so great about this guy, and Kassibaz was ####ing awesome).

After spending 390 hours into a character, how would you feel if you read this about your character? Honestly, I am really not sure how I feel about it myself.
110553, Don't worry about imm comments
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They can be fun to read, but don't go getting worked up about them. I know in every char I've ever played I have at least 1 negative imm comment, if not more.

Perhaps you just reminded Iunna of that guy (he was an arial Islander afterall) and that's all this comment means.

Imms have been around a long time, and seen a lot of players and chars come and go. If it makes you feel better, this is from Kassibaz's PBF:

Mon Mar 23 16:53:06 2009 by 'Iunna' at level 51 (297 hrs):
Hi. You might want to do a better job of keeping track of the balance. You're fighting the Watcher with a chaotic Scion, when a) there's balance between good/evil, and b) chaos is SO pwning.

Kassibaz played through some tough times though from what I remember playing back then and some of the imm comments, and I think comparatively Darikir never had to face those to the extent he did back then. Nexus has been a strong cabal member wise for a while now after all so it becomes harder to shine in that type of environment.
110561, Having played Kassibaz and Krelthalious
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can indeed say that times were incredibly tough in Kassibaz's time. Having played Kassibaz and Krelthalious (hahah).

IIRC it was Cyrn an assassin and I for a long time. After a while we started getting more characters and better characters.

I also had the fortune or misfortune of playing against two awesome characters: Borkahd and Woldrun on a daily basis. One is went on to IMM and the other was Twist. It made me (Kassibaz) step up my game big time.

That isn't to say that there aren't those type of characters around right now (Iklahn/Inerayo/Salyeris are all fantastically played), I just think that when you are opposed by 2 characters who of the Woldrun/Borkahd caliber they make you that much better.

Every character has its high and low points, so I wouldn't take anything too harsh, Rayihn had to Bslap me once when I inducted a Neutral/Chaotic character, but you live and learn.
110568, RE: Iunna
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Fri Aug 17 16:18:12 2012 by 'Iunna' at level 51 (390 hrs):
>This guy makes me miss Kassibaz. A lot. (Which is to say I
>don't see what's so great about this guy, and Kassibaz was
>####ing awesome).
>
>After spending 390 hours into a character, how would you feel
>if you read this about your character? Honestly, I am really
>not sure how I feel about it myself.

My opinion is that I saw a lot more depth to a character like Kassibaz
when it came to mortal-to-mortal interaction than I did with Darikir
(which I see as important).

Maybe this is something you're working on, maybe it's something you
think I totally missed, maybe I'm wrong? I'm giving you one person's
opinion on what I saw based on snooping a ####-ton of Battle,
Fortress and other assorted enemies.
110570, Curious
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The two aren't played by the same person are they? This is probably obvious to everyone else, but I'm curious why you are comparing him to Kassibaz in the first place. Were they in a similar position or something? Or a follower of yours and you don't get many followers? I'm stumped.
110590, RE: Curious
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The two aren't played by the same person are they? This is
>probably obvious to everyone else, but I'm curious why you are
>comparing him to Kassibaz in the first place. Were they in a
>similar position or something? Or a follower of yours and you
>don't get many followers? I'm stumped.

Both were Nexus arial sword warriors.
110574, RE: Iunna
Thank you for responding and giving me valuable input. I really appreciate you taking the time.