Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grelda the Defender of the Faithful
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=110449
110449, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grelda the Defender of the Faithful
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 20 07:44:18 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Grelda perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:37
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:111
110455, Yeah, sorry
Posted by Grelda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will definitely come back with another follower at some point. Lots of good interaction, which makes playing an empowered class appealing to me.

It was fun while it lasted, but in the end it came down to some pretty frustrating interactions that just soured my character for me. My own fault, I kept feeling myself break RP in certain situations, and those situations seemed to be coming more and more often, so it became less and less fun to play.
110459, Noooo...
Posted by Salmt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun seeing your character evolve. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it enough to stick around.
110464, I don't see how this all happened.
Posted by ConjurerBob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I address this as your rage deletion came as a bit of a shock. We had a few interactions on a fighting front and to be honest it was a 50/50, maybe a 60/40 in my favor as I did get you gaunted and killed you on my own.

The rest of the time we fought it was usually with you being tailed by Tanion, Rosaline and/or any combination of the many heroes healing you and skewing the fight in your favor. You even had (maybe not by request) Clahier being a gimp and tesseracting to my familiar to search me out for you. I lost a good few nice weapons to that bloody awful monk skill and gave you a chance to return them and you didn't so I took the two pieces of pwent off you when you died to me later. Trading inconvenience for inconvenience.

So up to this point it's a wash so later on I hook up with an AP cabalmate and you have a dwarf warrior cabalmate who can harm me and we have some fights and then you die and rage delete. It seemed completely out of nowhere and then I screw up to your said cabalmate due (in part) to lag and the rest to my own stupidity and he loots a load of stuff to hide in the fortress chests because I was blamed for the rage deletion.

I don't see what I did as rage deletion worthy and would hate, as a player, to think that it did.

110467, Akresius's followers aren't supposed to get upset about the fortunes of war.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Of course that is easier if you are always kicking ass.

I understand why he deleted.
110482, RE: I don't see how this all happened.
Posted by grelda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I was not going to rant about this. I will try to remain civil. My beef was not that I got looted. That happens. My issue was there were several characters that I interacted with whose thinly veiled ooc taunting just became too much for me. You were one of those. Talking trash about how I was always with out of range healer types when you came to the fort to fight me, which pretty much says I am going to have that kind of support. Then finding bringing a buddy to summon and trip me down whole your pets beat me into a pulp just soured it for me. Threatening to loot me heavily because I took an axe just smacked of crappy whiney rp to me on top of that. The fact that you weren't the only one who would constantly whine about respond, just started getting old quick. I found myself falling into the trap of responding to those interactions in kind, and that just made me bleh because that's not how I saw an akresius follower. </rant>
110488, Nothing ooc about the taunts
It's a hard job to kill a monk paladin that will intensify to his hearts content because he has a hero elf (insert paladin/paladins/healers/healers and paladins) to heal him without a worry for his health dwindling. For that I mentioned you being under the skirts of the elders because you were. As for bringing a summoning friend, well I am evil and evil can solve problems too! Can't get dwarf monk away from heroes or cabal, I know, bring a summoner.

Sorry you lost your vibe but there was nothing ooc about the 'taunt'. It was a verbal faceslap to hopefully anger a dwarf (usually quick to anger) and make him press too hard, chase and leave the help behind.
110519, RE: Nothing ooc about the taunts
I had a whole long diatribe on how I felt you went OOC, but the fact of the matter is, sending tells threatening a heavy loot for one axe that I responded in our fight, then bringing your AP friend to help make that happen just brought it home for me. Having it happen the second time, just put me sour after having to deal with more than just you complaining about respond like everyone else I used it on, I just didn't feel like walking back to regear. And given your statements and actions earlier, I had no desire to go about regearing again.
110577, Ouch - paint me black as night.
I looted two pieces of 'dern' gear when you died and nothing the second time but death in galadon always has it's drawbacks.

Picture an evil man who loses his axe to an enemy who he can beat but who invariably gets away thanks to help from others. Evil man thinks he is being generous by giving enemy a chance to return the axe, that was very hard to get hold of, but enemy refuses so evil man proceeds to say that the cost of doing so will be severe when he stands over enemies remains.

Legit and not ooc and as I said above, hardly what happened to you at all in terms of looting. I am done with this now.
110578, I don't paint anything.
I guess I just picture it a different way. I see someone who gets mad that his target, who he thinks he could easily kill, gets out of Pk help to escape, and gets away with a choice piece of gear. I then see this player who wants that gear back threaten to heavily loot the other play unless he gets this nice piece of gear back. Then proceeds to trash talk again and again. then when he can't kill the guy he thought he could easily, he brings a friend, then he and the friend loot him of five pieces of choice gear, most of which is either limited, or not easily gathered either, then again, trash talking continues, and whamo your friend gets me slept in galadon, and lo and behold, you run in, and then proceed to smack the crap out of me, I don't bother coming back. that's how it went down. You can say it was rp all you want, but it really just seemed a lot of the player coming through to me. I could be wrong, but that's how I saw it. In the end, I couldn't ignore the trash talk and not start falling out of my own rp, so I deleted. Essentially it was a culmination of just about everyone I fought being just about the same and me not being able to take that high road.
110452, Very sorry to see this. You showed promise. nt
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
110450, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grelda the Defender of the Faithful
Posted by Abiritha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pfft, I wanted to kill you so I could get my weapons back or at least take a few select items as replacements.
110456, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grelda the Defender of the Faithful
Heh, yeah, monks are insanely good against warriors solo, at least in making them run if not sealing the kill. But several people beat you too the replacement stuff more than once. So it would have been slim pickings.
110472, Well
Posted by Ackor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes I wanted to take some things back as well but when I did kill you I ended up leaving most of it. Was waiting for you to get some titles so we could fight again.