Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=110344
110344, (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 13 21:05:35 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Detogu perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:298
110422, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Ghuljun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had written something and ended up posting in on qhcf because I was unable to do so here. I just wanted to say a few things.

Imms thank you very much. I am kicking the hell out of myself for deleting without having read that note. I would have certainly not done the deed had I seen it.

I am not saying that sarcastically, I really think it was cool for you to throw out a life line like that. Sadly, I just failed to notice it.

I really tried to rp with this character and make something out of him, seems I almost did. . .Arrggg.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the char.

Well done Drekvah!

110423, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by rakshul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow an interesting relationship really. Good char.
110370, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Hagmish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really feel for you, man. To see that you had something big on the horizon right after you deleted has to feel like a kick in the balls. It sort of does for me and it's not even my character.

Loved your character. I even had some sympathy for you back when seeing that you just became a specter right as another in the cabal became a lich. It has to feel like you are automatically pigeon-holed into something you may not want for something you had no control over. I personally just can't see them allowing two Lich Scions to run around, and that speculation is confirmed, in my opinion, by the fact they were planning something else special for you.

Other than that, you were always solid, and probably the one Scion I got to spend the most time with, and I always enjoyed it.
110372, two Liches
Posted by Davarrah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Without saying too much, my involvement in cooking up something special was one part sympathy (with that timing, who wants to be "the other Lich"?) and one part adventure (we know about the Lich, but have you seen this thing?!). I wasn't concerned about double Lich, but rather about making double undead a little more interesting.
110375, That's cool
Posted by Hagmish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You recognized a certain situation with possible negative sides for some involved and tried to put a positive spin on it. I applaud it. I never meant to take a shot at the imm staff. It just seems that lich quests have gotten a bit rarer these days (and I have absolutely no insight into how quests are given just my outside observation) and felt bad for the guy because it looked like he was going mummy by default.

Let me reiterate I think it's great you were going to do something special for Detogu that no one has ever seen to mix things up. I'm sure I won't be the only one wishing I could know what was in store for him. Watch all the necro's get rolled now hoping you spin the idea off on someone else!
110377, I think I heard Kristen Stewart just cheat on you. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
110361, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Narissorin,.. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is highly disappointed. I honestly did enjoy Detogu, you had a quick tongue, were very steadfast on retrieving and exploring, and set on the becoming. My aggressive prodding wasn't meant to dissuade you on playing the character, but to make you come to terms with the fact that a lich quest was already in the works for my other scion necro, and I was trying to push you towards another 'becoming'.

It's a fine line to walk, playing an evil, 'cult' running, power hungry, bastard... and not coming off as a ####. If you took me for the latter, I apologize and will take that into account with my interactions with other players. Hope you had some fun at least.
110355, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man I was having this conversation about Detogu the other day, and someone said they had an idea, and I thought... "Damn that's cool", and then you deleted. True story.
110363, x
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
x
110364, Why don't you guys refrain from making these posts?
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a total Fukc you to the player.

I'm of half a mind to think you all (Imms) are full of doo doo and tell players this because you're hoping it'll keep people from deleting characters that aren't living up to their expectations.

Seriously, how many posts of "I was soo gunna give you this sooper powa when I logged on but you baleted!

Oh well, have fun with the next!

You could tell the character somethings up, give them a preview or an omen. But it never happens and we get these deletions.

Glad to see a necromancer go though.
110365, Probably the same reason you don't refrain from making these? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
110367, ignorance
When you're ignorant of a situation, how about approaching the issue with a touch of humility? It would really go a long way here.

If you note Zameida's comment below, he was being given a "preview" of what was to come. If he hadn't deleted without warning...
110369, Davarrah...
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
am really digging the whole Davarrah character and even the fact that you post here... kudos... keep it up.
110354, I thought you had potential
Posted by Drekvah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Should have stuck it out! You did the hard part and got to spectre, Mummy is a seriously under considered option IMO, they're still badder than just about anything alive in the mud and it seems like you would have had even more options with Dararrah. Double undead in the Chasm would have been cool.
110351, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
You shouldn't have deleted; I was going to take you down another path entirely.
110357, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Detogu Urn'tas the Spectre
Posted by Samvrita on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ugh you were solid in your own regard and I was personally going to make it my next mission under Anya to raise you to undead, by finding my way to aid Davarrah. Major plot hole for me :( you'll be missed.
110359, You should've loged on and read your notes before this...
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... because you had a seriously interest note to read that was pretty linked with Davarrah...

Anyways, GLWYN! See you in the fields!