Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=109813
109813, (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 16 19:24:11 2012

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tryphen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:550
109817, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Posted by wysekid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Where do I start really.. Firstly I want to say its been fun for sure and I have enjoyed nearly every moment of this char. Yes, I was new to CF when creating this char, but having learned a lot from day one I can say at times it can be a very overwhemling experience. I learn something new every day I signin I swear.. Though having nearly 8 years of experience as player and admin in a now defunct mud, did make learning a tad easier as the base and premise were similar. I am not sure why I did not take the time to learn it earlier on, finally coming over at the words of a friend of mine. Hopefuly I can count this char as a learning phase and come back with all the more on my next one.. There were so many things I'd have done differently and places I'd have put my pracs/edges on that didn't screw me in some ways.. To be honest I am surprised I made it as far as I did and made do with what I had. But anyway, without further ramblings.. I am sure I am going to miss many in my goodbyes, so please don't take offence if I do.

Tribunal

Ziruanja - You have no idea how much you have made my job easier in the end, taking on the role as perfectly as I'd have wanted. You really do the spire some good and I hope you continue to do so, especially at these times we need more people like you to keep the numbers up and the Magistrates happy. Heck, if I was not so old and feeble I'd have asked to take Bromdor's place.. Still considered it, actually ;) Its a good life changing thing as I ment Tryphen to be a hard type that found only duty to be his passion.

Islinic - I did enjoy you for the most part, even more in our initial times as Provincials with our lengthy discussions about magic and whatnot. Sadly, though with all the distance and lack of times to really speak it has not really done us a good service to clear up some matters regarding the cabal. Spire matters aside, I thought you were great and very well committed to your cause especially with your god, I admired that passion.

Drident - Appreciate the vote of confidence when you were around. Was really hoping to see you make it to Vindicator, but I understand life happens. Does seem to be a bit inconvinient at times.

Mhag - Sorry I did not take the time to say much in your death thread but figured I'd save it for here. Was always fun even while the others had come and gone you'd still want to go out and kill a few things with me, brought out the adventure in me a bit and learned a lot from you being a warrior and all. I do appreciate it and you played a giant really well, a few times got me laughing out loud while I played. Was sad to see you go.

Naija - I know many had mixed feelings about you, but I do appreciate the time you spent showing me things.. You realised I was newer and I know not as many do take the time you did in showing me certain advantages and places to look for some interesting gear. Thanks again for that.

Yantha - You did help me quite a bit, also gave me the guidance I needed when most others were unable to. I appreciate the work you put into the spire when you were able.

Marcatis - Initially I'll admit I was quite intimidated by you when you were about, I became to know you of one with little words, but an ocean of wisdom. I appreciate your patience in guiding me when I needed it and also throwing it at me when I became too questionable, forcing me to make my own decisions on a few matters where I should have known. Once I knew my place, it went much smoother. Either way, I am regret I did not initially choose you as a patron.

Other Tribunals - Too many others to mention but these I note most that comes to mind, to the others still on the Roster.. Keep it up.. The cabal is much more than people give it credit for and really is what you make of it.

Outlanders

Grafacut - With your selections and abilities as Nightreaver, you were a nightmare to fight if I was not prepared. Though I am sure many figured that out, if I was not prepared to the teeth I generally lost. In the end I was catching on a bit and at least managed to get you to run a couple times during our fights, which was still a success in my books. Well played.

Cgadi - Some little interactions there, enjoyed them when we did. I do admire those whom do talk a bit and even agree to disagree. I am back in the ground now so I'll haunt you with the other spirits until you decide that its ok to have a city or two in your world of trees.

Other Outlanders - Not much interaction overall, but very formidable as a group. You all should just learn to love the Gem in the middle of your forests namely Galadon. We can always use a few circus freaks for the kids. :P

Others

Salyeris - Loved our discussions of law and politics, as much to the demise of my mages while doing so, I still enjoyed it all the same. Very slippery too I'll admit.

Julliane - Sorry our discussions were short lived, I had wanted to work in rebuilding some sort of alliance with yous before passing but it did not work out. Thanks again for the posts.

Akrouko - Thanks for the tips, and the small discussions we had. Nice to see someone take up the reigns for HH that is there for the people.

As I said before, there is no doubt many I am missing in my thoughts but wanted to make it a quick one.. ended up being a rather lengthy. I am not one to openly put down others on places like this for whatever reason, regardless my personal feelings. We all have our ups and downs. Thanks for all the fun and I am sure I'll see you around in another form.
109818, I'm going to nominate you for best character ever. Here's why.
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because this was your first CF character ever and you **WHAT** heroed and leadered with a human?! Most newbs go the whole "Drow Necro-whatever" angle.

I beleive it was my Character Alston that wigged out on you for being a Magistrate because I caught you fighting commoners in Voralian. A massive nogo for a Magistrate. I think I even PK'd you.

As much as I can say for CF, You win. Well done Sir. I'll never be as good as you are at this game.
109822, Amazing!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is an amazing journey for your first character! Well done, and we're glad to have such a quality player. I didn't get to interract with you beyond poking Marcatis solidly to give you that third legacy (I find Tribunal a little boring in general, sorry) but you seemed really solid. We'd all wince when you were on and Graf/team outlander was raiding, but it is what it is, and you took each loss gracefully.
109824, You did a fine job.
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll echo others, amazing job for a first char. Age death is a very rare thing to do, so well done on that.

I did enjoy the talks, and the pestering and attempted slaying of your mages. I tried my best to avoid tribs when no mages were about, but if there was and I thought I had a chance I would take a shot and sometimes there was collateral damage. Sorry about that, but I do think I only killed you once when I did a fiend on a mass group.

Overall, very well done, and I am really looking forward to seeing you do something else, since if Tryphen is any indicator it should be another great memorable character.

Happy to have you in the fields, GL with whatever you come out with next.
109827, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Akoruko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed the time we spent together. I could sense you were a bit new (but no where near "first hero" new) and I was anxious to show you as much as I could. I hope you learned a bit more about gambling. I've not been able to spend as much time in the game as I like, but I'm glad I made a positive impact on your char!

Come back and soon!
109830, Well done period.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You always were fun to talk to no matter what character I had roaming by the Spire. If this was your first man I really have to step my game up because I haven't had any character be this good in over 2 years of playing. GLWYN
109834, I will nominate you for the best first character ever made on CF.
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome! For a first char this is really awesome.

I'm not sure how many first chars on CF has ever managed to become leaders in their cabals.

Your RP was decent the little we interacted. (I interacted a bit with you as another hero charge pre-Zameida.)

We did PK quite a bit with a few different chars and you did seem to learn. But from the PKing I figured you were pretty new so I tried avoid targeting you unless I had to RP-wise.

Good work! Keep it up!
109835, Heh
Posted by Mhag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I played Mhag and we were practicing our skills, and stuff even then you seemed like you had a handle on some key aspects of your build, and over the course of Mhags life you certainly developed into a close ally. Your character always seemed fleshed out from the begining and developed more so as your confidence in the authority of your positions blossomed. It was funny to hear about you making comments about Mhag after he was gone, and all those reckless raids I mostly survived :) had 15 con or so at deletion. Then I interacted with you from the outlander side and with a few other characters along the way. I've gotten you killed a good few times but heh thats what the fun is all about. My only complaint is near the end you lost steam and although you were around here and there the spire lacked a rally point at times. All in all great rp, learned some pk skills and amazing job. GLWYN :)
109836, What a ride you've had.
Posted by Ziruanja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I knew you with three separate characters, that's how long lived you were. I loved our conversations about law and about the Spire. Some of my more memorable RP was with Tryphen and I'm not surprised at all that you were an experienced player from another mud, it makes perfect sense with the kinds of questions you would ask. It eluded to a skillful understanding of game mechanics, but not OUR game mechanics. I'd give you a couple more characters and you'll be a frightful pk situation to run into on Carrion Fields.
Good luck with your next!
109837, Did you play a similar-style MUD?
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fairly impressed with your longevity and your general confidence that your character seemed to exude (even though reading this I realize you weren't confident at all).

It's all downhill from here by the way ;)
109839, RE: Did you play a similar-style MUD?
Haha, well thanks. It did get better and clicked once I knew what I was working with.. Just various tips and advice I got along with trial and error.

Yes, the other mud was very similar in the fact it had cabals with similar goals, if not the same.. along with being itself being based on ROM 2.4. So (other than the extreme depth this mud has, which is leagues over the other) the mechanics on the face of it all were easier to adapt to. Initially I was surprised how fast one could die and all the bleeding, diseases, burning to death and ways you could really still get screwed by in the end, really adds to the intensity. This was not present in the other and enjoy how its less "defensive minded" in that regard. Few places to hide and many places to die kind of thing, not used to that and took me a while to get used to, but its a good change.
109838, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great effort for a first character. I can't wait to see what you do next with the initial learning curve behind you.

I had a conversation with Marcatis that went something like this, which I will share for possible entertainment value.

Me: You need to give Tryphen a third legacy. That guy's a truckasaurus but Team Outlander is stomping him.

Marcatis: I gave him (whichever one it was) a month ago.

Me: Oh. So you did.
109841, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Tryphen the Legend of the Battlefield, Provost Magistrate
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :P As you may know I do have another in the works.. though yes I trust with some of my initial jitters out of the way this one has been coming through a fair bit smoother but attempting to try something different to see how it goes. I do like to see the different aspects of how things run to be better prepared for what awaits. (What better way to learn than to see and experience first hand). Its also nice when able to take some time to explore a bit which I think I lost sight of with my first after a while. Was nerve racking to always have to be on alert for the outlander swarms of late.
109842, You reminded me alot of my first leader
Posted by Drident on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure if you could do it, willing to give it a try but secretly hoping you do not screw something up too bad. When you and I ran together you were just starting out as the Provost. I have not been around the Tribs much to know what happened after I left but it sounds like you excelled. Well done! See, I knew you had it in you! and an age death too!

Dragomir
109844, I didn't know this character...
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I still wanted to stop by and say "nicely done."

Most of us could barely figure out how to eat with our first characters and you age died a leader? Frankly that's pretty amazing.

I expect you to follow this up with a Lich.
109845, No way
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ditch the lich.

What we need is a second character ever 1000 charge AP.
109816, Good char, for your first.
Posted by jc99as on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep up the good work, it only gets easier.