Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Cravelotious the Grand Master of Changelings, Magistrate of Voralian City
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=109384
109384, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Cravelotious the Grand Master of Changelings, Magistrate of Voralian City
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jun 14 11:29:41 2012

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Cravelotious perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:86
109385, Dead and Deleted
Posted by Cravelotious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who ranked me. Thanks to Whiysdan for the 2 talks, I really have no idea how to grasp your religion to be honest, I am sure it showed. Poem blew, interactions from my end were pretty horrid. Oh well! Maybe I'll try again when I have something more floofy.

Went double utility hoping to get some interesting forms. And I did.
Cat was great for hiding, which saved my hide at least 10 times.
Mantis - Great at low levels, not good at all at hero... Too slow in flying places, foorestblend is nice if you can pull it off while you are maledicted.

Final forms:
I originally got howler monkey as my final form, I spun the wheel and got trapdoor spider. Was praying for cobra or Cheetah. Alas.
Hyena- Best part of hyena? Scavenge and never running out of moves. Worst part about hyena? Getting tooled by anything and everything. I probably should have rolled the bones but I just too impatient.

Trapdoor spider- Great form to exploring, and when we had the Scales. Manacles + webspray were pretty awesome. Pinch was the most infuriating skill in the world. It hit.. maybe 2 out of 5? 3 out of 5? tops. I can count maybe 7-8 times when if it landed it was a kill, obviously it didn't.

IMO Bite needs to be upgraded in damage as well.

This isn't an I am done with CF right now. This is a I couldn't handle getting beaten senseless by the Outlander heroes. It's nothing personal against them, it's just that I couldn't fight a single one of them 1v1. Whether its the Wyvern/Gorilla/Lemur sandlizard kicking the #### out of me with 3 different types of forms. Or Grafacut sitting in Seantryn beating the snot out of me, or Sindrai pecking my eyes out everytime I am trying to find a !@#!@%$ wand. It just wasn't fun. Oh, not to mention the 2 invokers destroying me with dispel every time.

I don't blame anyone for giving them the rewards, or for them doing what they are doing, but it's just not fun getting curb stomped every time you log on.

I'll probably dabble in something else while i have a month of. Good luck to all the tribbies out there.
109386, RE: Dead and Deleted
Posted by Perr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boogers, I thought you were going to be around for the long haul. Sorry it didn't work out, I enjoyed your company.
109389, Gonna miss you but I kinda figured we might lose ya soon. Good luck with your next! n/t
Posted by Ziru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
109391, You were a huge huge huge huge help
Thanks for all the ranking and the exploring. Honestly, I was so jealous of you simply because of how incredibly helpful and saved my ass a few times.

I wish you the best of luck and keep on trucking, Trib needs a strong set of people to combat those accursed rebels!
109393, Thought the same with Hyena - it used to be THE best of the Utility and even better then many offense forms
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
it is a shadow of it's former self for some reason. Could be tweaks to it or just tweaks to other classes skills that left it wanting.

I loved the cat form as Findo too. Used to sneak into the Chasm when people were raiding, watch them get hurt by archmage and then shift into lion and rake some skin off them.

109395, So long!
Posted by Sindrai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was just thinking I probably didn't do a great job of interacting with you after our battles. I know I said a few words but probably nothing on a meaningful level. I intended to talk to you some the next chance I got. Sorry that won't work out now.

Pincering might suck - but it did get me killed (by a city guard!) once, so don't knock it too hard. :) That was one of the closest fights I had to getting you but that @#%! Enforcer was so close to the north gate! I was hoping a peck would land before you found him. Oh well.

As to rewards - I don't have any beyond what an Outlander leader gets. A leader weapon that's not very useful to a shifter, insect swarm and detect order. Did I get leader early? Probably, but I spent 40/50 hours or so as an uncaballed hero and I was literally the only option. I don't even have Baer's tattoo. She's never even given me divine xp, come to think of it.

I think if you would have stuck it out you probably would have done okay. I got tooled badly when I first heroed by anything and everything. It just takes some time to get in your groove and figure out your capability. I've had trapdoor before and I absolutely loved it.

Thanks for bringing a quality character to the Fields. Better luck with your next, my friend!

109400, Sorry if I came off pissed about it
Someone mentioned it on the other boards. Its just wrong place wrong time.

I'm not extremely bitter about the rewards people get. What made it difficult is not being able to pick and choose my fights, which as most people know in this game, is a death sentence. I was only able to maneuver you into that position once. Maybe if I had stuck it out and made it to Galadon or Hamsah I would have been better off.

When you can't utilize barrier to go on the offensive (unless its a raid), and you are stuck waiting for someone else to strike, it usually puts you at a huge disadvantage, especially when your enemy can literally wand out, right outside your area in camo, then pop out and curb stomp you..
109409, Sad to see this.
Posted by Kycalbrum. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You always seemed to try to fight atleast. Sort of wanted to fight you at hero but I guess that wont ever happen. GLWYN.
109411, Bummer!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was looking forward to see where you were going to take things. Best of luck with the next one!

=w=