Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Yindathos Purefire the Quirky Weirdo of the Woodlands, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=109017
109017, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Yindathos Purefire the Quirky Weirdo of the Woodlands, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 25 04:44:06 2012

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Yindathos perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:369
109018, Thanks for the Fun
Posted by Yindathos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I decided to blow through my last few con this morning because I just got accepted/graduated in law/medical school, and also have a new child/job, and lost all my time/drive. Plus I was tired of the multikilling/full looting/wand issues/ooc rants/you. But honestly, thanks to all I interacted with for helping me enjoy this character. So many outstanding roleplayers I interacted with, and, of course, so many skilled pkers as well. It's a mix which makes things fun. I'm not going to get very specific with my goodbyes, due to the long life of my character, but I'll certainly respond, and thank you all.

Outlander - A very interesting cabal. Not much in the way of imm interaction, but that was fine. The dynamic of having good/neutral/evil keep things hopping.

PK - This isn't a rant or complaint, because I think things are set up quite well, they're just not always set up well for a player like me. I wasn't overly interested in pking, wasn't part of who my character was, the exceptions being Imperials, Orcs and when I was defending the refuge. Defending was the only time I really tried (Although Dhesthil probably won't believe that). The flyto murder folks, even if they're well developed characters just bore me to tears. I just spammed an attack command, and if I was really motivated I quaffed. If not I just died. I just didn't see that as an effective use of my time, running around avoiding or preparing for things like that. But again, that's my problem, not theirs. If I really took full advantage of what a druid could do, which I did on only a handful of occasions, I'd be deathfull city. Sometimes. What would have helped? If I'd been looted more. Come on folks, everyone take at least one good thing from every kill. Everyone needs some skin in the game.

Allies - You were all awesome.

Enemies - You all sucked.

Whiysdan - Magnificent. I'm sorry towards the end of my run we didn't interact more, but every time I spoke to you, it brought a smile to my face. Cheers.

Thanks to all,
Yindathos
109019, awesome character
Posted by Dragomir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As I said before, I loved Yindathos. I tried very hard not to be a murder air shifter and only really attacked people that were criminals. I think once I attacked you and you were not and that was when we ended up talking at the Inn. When I landed at the mountain and you were stalking the assassin? priceless. Well done.

Drident
109020, RE: Thanks for the Fun
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun talking to you last night. I was laughing at the circles you were (purposely, I assume?) running around in.
109023, I was snagged
I enjoyed it as well. At a certain point, logic was clearly on your side, and a circular motion was all that was available!
109025, Enojyed it.
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a few brief interactions and fights, and I enjoyed them immensely. Don't think Krunk ever got you deaded, but it sure wasn't for lack of trying. Those disease thorns can really lay a person low for a long time, especially since the number and variation of disease can make it nearly impossible to cure, but other than having to waste ~45 minutes after our last fight just sitting around waiting for diseases to run their course, I and Krunk really enjoyed fighting and interacting with you.
109029, Great character!
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Strong presance, well-groomed PK skills, strong RP skills. Everything necissary for a great character... It's a shame we didn't get to RP more, but the opportunity never seemed to arise between us. Oh well. GLWYN and take care.

P.S. Did you mean that you graduated medical school, and are going to law school? Because if so: That is INSANE!! :)
109033, RE: Thanks for the Fun
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really, really, really, really liked Yindathos. Congratulations on such a well RP'ed character. You were just stunningly solid. I could tell that you were kind of running out of steam at the end there, so I didn't pursue con-quest. You had such a different view on things, that it was constantly fun. Well done. And I agree, we should have interacted more at the end. Sorry about that.

Thanks again for being one of my favorite followers so far.

=w=
109035, Ugg, I forgot the most important thing!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Best of luck in law/medical school graduation thing!

=w=
109040, Thank you!
After I receive my law/medical degree, I'll take the time to orbit the earth in home built rocket ship. This also, will cut into my CF time, but after I receive my award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence, I should be able to write my own ticket and have more time to mud again. -W- , by far my favorite Dubya!
109047, Awesome job!
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played Nivaen if you remember, and you better! or something bad may happen, but then again maybe it wont.

We were little ones together, did a ton of ranking... it was fun.. I wished I would have had a different char back then because once getting into hero range, I couldnt get into Nivaen...

Was this your first druid? It is my favorite class!

and do you have a forum handle that you go by? That is how much I truly enjoyed the char Yindathos.

Balta
109048, Cat!
Course I remember the cat. The first third of my life, most of the best times were running with El Gato. I think it's my first druid, I can't recall, certainly first to hero. I don't really have a forum handle, I just post on Battlefield, for the most part. Thanks for the compliments, always liked your style.
109051, Amazingly afraid.
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was hilarious when you yelled out 'You'll never take me alive!', and then I flew to you. One of the funniest situations of my character. Loved out interactions, loved nearly everything about your character. Very well done, keep up the good work.
109269, RE: Thanks for the Fun
Posted by Oryntohr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good times! Had a lot of fun with you in Oryn's later years. Thanks for not blowing too much of my stuff up. ;)

Good luck with the graduate school experience. I didn't play seriously during law school, but 20 something pk fest can be a great stress reliever without too much of a time investment.
109312, And you didn't mention me!!
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had SO much fun bantering and RPing with you! And not to talk about trying to catch you! I think it took me 100 hours to finally get a kill on you! No idea how many times you managed to escape with several hard hits on convulsing.

I've interacted with you over two chars now, and Yindathos was a blast to hang, talk or fight with or against. Just hilarious, so many times I almost fell off my chair laughing.

I remember some instance when you tried to fool me into the death traps in Jade mountains (Not seriously ofc, but RPing.) something with the king of dolphins etc etc. :)

GLWYN!
109332, Should have!
You had really creepy, and yet funny roleplay. I fled probably double digit times with under 30 hp from you, lots of one more hit and I was toast fights. Good stuff. Terror on sea and land.