Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108914
108914, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 18 06:50:24 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Celesa perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:136
108915, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun times. Just found out I got into law school, so I'm cutting out some of the major distractions in my life. I know that if I invest myself into a character, that would suck up a lot of time (as opposed to playing casually). I had 3 more chapters in the role going in - oh well.

To the playerbase - Most of you are awesome! Some of you are douches. Try not to be so douchey, and remember that this is a game. Also remember that internet anonymity does not entitle you to being a douche and saying 'oh well, it's not like anyone knows me.'

To the Imms - KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! I know that there are some naysayers out there, but in reality, your presence is what really helps keep this game running, and more significantly, assists in retaining the playerbase. And yes, even you Baer :) Magus was spot on in saying that regardless of the rumors, your presence in the game is a SIGNIFICANT contributing factor to players enjoyment.

I might prowl here and there, but not significantly. DIII just came out and it rocks!

BTW - rhino/tiger/copperhead? Awesome combo. I took barrier, rolle the bones and spin the wheel edges (which were freaking expensive as hell) and explored trothon for my first time.

PS - one of my barrier locations is insane. Literally, I think it's one of the worst, if not THE worst, place for a black rod to be. Might want to think about removing that since the other mob in the same room is big, is bad, is nasty, and kicks your ass (not to mention the mob that the black rod is on is the same).

Outlanders - third outlaner I had, and it was gonna be my best! Alas, it wasn't meant to happen.

Scions - I wish I joined Scions instead sheerly for the pk factor. I would've racked up so many kills (since I'm extremely familiar with how nightwalker + tiger plays out from playing Kharnial). You guys were classy.

Battle - Besides a certain dark elf and wood-elf, I had alot of your numbers. Yes, I know how much it sucks when you get impaled, lose half your hp in 2 rounds, than pounced like mad.

Empire - It was fun.

Fort - Didn't really interact.

Tribunal - It was VERY fun.

Good luck everyone!
108916, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which law school are you going to? Here's a tip I tell everyone but no one ever listens: if you want to do any "prep" before law school, sign up for BarBri over the Summer. It will help you ace all of your exams (i.e., it will teach you how to efficiently IRAC and take a law school exam). I did not hit on this until midway through my first semester, and by that point I was limited to just the barbri books, not the class. But it was enough to carry me to the top.

Good luck, I'm sorry to see you go because I know you won't have time to play until January, but once January hits, you might be able to come back :). Afterall, you still have to beat CF.
108917, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Which law school are you going to? Here's a tip I tell
>everyone but no one ever listens: if you want to do any
>"prep" before law school, sign up for BarBri over the Summer.
>It will help you ace all of your exams (i.e., it will teach
>you how to efficiently IRAC and take a law school exam). I
>did not hit on this until midway through my first semester,
>and by that point I was limited to just the barbri books, not
>the class. But it was enough to carry me to the top.
>
>Good luck, I'm sorry to see you go because I know you won't
>have time to play until January, but once January hits, you
>might be able to come back :). Afterall, you still have to
>beat CF.

God, I haven't thought of the acronym IRAC in so long. Now I'm going to have to hit up my law school pals to say hello this weekend and catch up.
108918, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
>Which law school are you going to? Here's a tip I tell
>everyone but no one ever listens: if you want to do any
>"prep" before law school, sign up for BarBri over the Summer.
>It will help you ace all of your exams (i.e., it will teach
>you how to efficiently IRAC and take a law school exam). I
>did not hit on this until midway through my first semester,
>and by that point I was limited to just the barbri books, not
>the class. But it was enough to carry me to the top.
>
>Good luck, I'm sorry to see you go because I know you won't
>have time to play until January, but once January hits, you
>might be able to come back :). Afterall, you still have to
>beat CF.

Well, right now it's Santa Clara - focusing on IP law. But I'm waitlisted in Cardozo Law in NY (IP) and Loyola in LA. If I get into either, I don't know which one I'll go to - I have a decent scholarship from Santa Clara (but if I do go to Santa Clara, I might try to transfer out after first semester sheerly for the employment factor).

I've been working in a substantial law firm for about 5 years in the GC office, so I know all the management pretty well (including the division heads) - if I do well, I think I have a good chance of securing a $100k+ job after school.

108919, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Go Cardozo!!! Dude, not even a question. No brainer.

(Not that I didn't love LA and Loyola is a fine school, but you gotta go NYC.)

Also, not sure what you mean when you say you have been in a law firm for about 5 years in the GC office. GC usually stands for General Counsel, which is an in-house position, not one at a law firm. So maybe you mean something else? Or I'm not understanding right? Feel free to pm me on dios if you don't want to discuss specifics in public.
108921, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Feh. SCU!

Hey, G, if you ever make it out to the Bay Area, you have to let me know and we'll go out for a drink.

My last post in this thread, I promise :)
108925, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
I have lots of friends up there too who keep pestering me so maybe I will someday soon, and I will take you up on that. One friend just moved out there last month, and another just changed from Nook (barnes & noble) to Apple, all in the bay area of course.

Also last post, sorry Knac! ;)
108922, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Worked as a "Conflict Clerk" (BS title btw - I'm doing paralegal work).

Law firm is 400-500 attorneys - I have about 5 years reviewing/drafting/commenting/modifying outside counsel guidelines, analyzing conflicts, drafting appropriate consents/disclosures, doing RFPS, etc.

Essentially, I do the grunt work for the GC (which is actually really interesting).

Also, I want to live in CA afterwards. That's my concern - 90% of Cardozo's people go to NY :P
108920, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Celesa Moondrake the Grand Mistress of Changelings
I did my 1L at SCU! (and then transferred to Boalt).

Take my advice: BarBri. You will KILL your first year at SCU. Seriously it will be the best 2k you will spend at law school.
108934, Doh!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It really sucks when one of your role contest winners deletes. BUT! Two positives: 1) someone else will benefit and 2) you sure went out on a high note (from a rockin' role standpoint, at least). I really dug it.

Best of luck in law school and where ever life takes you! Don't be a stranger in the fields, huh?

=w=
108939, RE: Doh!
####. Mind telling me what I won?
108940, If you were top three, probably a quest form
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been thinking dragon turtle looks pretty awesome lately. But Zulg also put in fun stuff like lamia, hydra...
108941, ####
I'll be back for that #### when I have some free time in 3+ years :P

Still curious (if you guys don't mind) on what I would've won :)
108942, RE: ####
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's decided after winners are announced.
108944, RE: ####
Alright, cool beans.

While I don't want to afford the effort into playing a continuous character, I do really enjoy writing roles. I'm glad that some of the imm staff like my roles (I have over 10 years of roles and character concepts stored in my computer).

I would really like it if you guys create a forum where I, and some other people, can add CF fiction - it would be pretty awesome imo.

Thanks for the good times fellas!