Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Narzinghul the Man-At-Arms, Village Applicant
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108572
108572, (DELETED) [None] Narzinghul the Man-At-Arms, Village Applicant
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 8 08:49:43 2012

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Narzinghul perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:50
108576, RE: (DELETED) [None] Narzinghul the Man-At-Arms, Village Applicant
Posted by geenugs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first attempt at a villager. I had alot of fun interacting with everyone in the Village and all my recommendations, but I'm still really new at PK and was starting to get overwhelmed with what everyone expected of me. I'm absolutely terrible at chasing and hunting and it was frustrating knowing I was expected to be good at pk. I'd log in kill one or two people if I was lucky and then spend two hours roaming around never finding any of my targets and feel like I was getting no where. And when there were no targets on I didn't feel like I could rank up because lets be honest how often do you see a hero level applicant.

Thror I appreciate you working with me, but I wasn't sure exactly how to proceed when my task was impossible to complete. The player you wanted me to hunt logged before I even left the city and I had no idea what to do, and when you finally did get back to me it was just that I'd failed and you disappeared again and I figured that was it, that I wasn't getting in. It just made me really self-conscious when the only option I had was to pk and the entire time I was failing at it I was "being watched"

Mini shout outs:
Salyeris- It was a blast the time you spent with me I was impressed a leader would take that much time for a low level player. You had a task that seemed a bit overwhelming for me too. As someone new to Battle I had a hard time telling if you were just trying to make things challenging for someone you thought was a veteran or if thats what all applicants had to go through.

Pioric- You were the only reason I think I even killed anyone ever. Other than about 4-5 kills I never found anyone else on my own so thanks for heads up.

Trogun- You had the best conversation with me when it came to the recommendation so good on you. I hope when I try again I have a chance for similar expectations.

Koojj- You were my first arena fight ever so grats on nabbing that cherry. I was closest to you of all others of the Cabal, I felt like I had a lot to learn from you and I did.

I think next time if I plan to roll with Battle in mind I'll be super diligent to avoid magic pre-applicant status. It really was an honest mistake and had I known it was going to cause this many hoops to jump through many of which I lacked the skill to do, I'd have likely just re-rolled. Otherwise I appreciate the time everyone took with me it was a fun experience.
108588, I'll clarify for you
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't expect you to actually become the next mageslayer, I wanted you to think you could be and strive for it though. I try to find odd ways to inspire Battleragers and it's best to start while they are applicants. Me saying you should be the next Mageslayer was meant more to motivate you, since all Battleragers should want to get to that place, it was my way of saying I saw some potential in you. I find if you put a little faith in people's characters and let them know you think they can do well, they usually will end up enjoying the experience more as a whole

As a newer player - playing a Battlerager comes down to just having the right attitude lots of times (you die, you get up, you keep going- you win, you get up, you move on to the next and do it with class) If you stick to it you'll do alright as a Battlerager- just don't measure success by PK stats alone. If PK success really mattered to me as Commander, I'd have to boot myself :)

FYI: I would have inducted you at the time, but the taint of magic thing makes that impossible for a mortal, and I knew it would be a harder road to go through the Imms.

Glad you had fun though, and I do hope to see you out there again having fun, be it as friend or foe.
108612, RE: (DELETED) [None] Narzinghul the Man-At-Arms, Village Applicant
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am the God of hardships. It is important that I put things before you that seem impossible. My discouragement is praise, my acknowledgement is promise.

Despite the fact that your prey logged out, you should have continued to kill mages and brought me the next best thing - another dead mage.

That is the point I was trying to make (without giving you the answer).

Hopefully this is a springboard to another attempt. Good luck.
108614, I didn't know this character, but...
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as I'm concerned, being bad at PK is totally fine for people new to the Village. Everyone has to learn somewhere, and The Village is as good as anyplace else. In fact, I'm of the opinion that The Village is better than most places to learn PK because you don't have a lot of options that are open to other characters. You will learn to chase and find your prey, and you'll sure as hell learn to run. (Just don't be like me and play so many Villagers that you forget about things like "quaff recall" and "heal refresh" when playing non-Villagers.)

As for Thror's "impossible" tasks, just remember that he's never going to give you a task that's actually impossible. It may seem like that, but there will always be a way to complete it. As for failing when Thror's watching, as long as you don't fail due to out-and-out stupidity, it's fine. It's supposed to be hard. It's Thror.

Man, this post makes me miss The Village. I've been noobing up some other cabal recently and it's embarrassing.
108617, RE: I didn't know this character, but...
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think with a badass sounding name like Narzinghul people are going to expect you to PK with extreme prejudice :)
108618, Its a name I've used before for that reason alone.
To be fair this was my most successful pk char ever so it was hard personally for me to balance what I thought was a vast improvement over my other chars vs. falling short of the mark for the people I thought I needed to impress. But the clarification from everyone is very encouraging and helps set my mind at ease that I was doing the right thing. Looking forward to my next.
108622, You arent bad at pk and you seemed very cool headed which is a plus.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about your maces I felt bad breaking all your weapons when you were a criminal. It felt like a complete Dbag move on my part but it is something my character would do to apprehend a criminal. The thing was it was a throw away character(my svirf). Hope there isnt any hard feelings about that GLWYN.
108658, RE: You arent bad at pk and you seemed very cool headed which is a plus.
Yeah I really didn't mind, I had two others in my inventory but I figured I'd just avoid you and save them until I wasn't wanted. I did feel bad about killing you on Voralia when you chased me out of Galadon a few days later. On the one hand I thought it rather funny since it was the same Wanted flag from three days prior when you first chased me on the other I vaguely remember you deleting shortly after. Trust me I felt like way more of a douche for that than when you broke my weapons since I'd likely have done too if our positions were reversed
108628, That's why...
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I name my characters "Mouse" and "Lobster" (which Homard is the French word for.) That way everyone is surprised when they break 10 PKs.

But "Narzinghul" sounds like a Lich or Orc chief.
108669, RE: (DELETED) [None] Narzinghul the Man-At-Arms, Village Applicant
Posted by Gorb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah! I think Gorb has had same PK amount his whole life, as Narzinghul had in his whole life! (Maybe even less). Just continue a little more and you will see that village is the place to learn PK.
Appologies to Salyeris and other villagers, But I know the only way I get better in PK is to join the village with my still very noob chars! :D