Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108567
108567, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 8 07:19:03 2012

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Arigan perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:259
108568, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Posted by Arigan TumbleBrook on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And here it is. 260 hours of a character I loved and hated. It just wasn't right to keep holding onto something that I didn't have the interest in anymore. So here it goes:

Gonna start with the Immortals, I guess. And before I get too much further in here, let me explain I'm writing this on the fly instead of composing and going from there.

Whiysdan: You're the man. I loved the way your religion can move from one thing to another, I loved what you did give me. I also felt that as time went by, I might have annoyed you, but as the only one online at some points, I didn't have a lot to do when the balance shifted and there was no one but a mace spec villager plus bard seeking my head. Sorry if I did, I just wanted to try to keep the character alive and was seeking something from you to do that. I hope I can come back to your religion soon.

Rayihn: Let's just get it over with off the bat. I'm sorry for the e-mail to Twist. I still feel that I had something going there that was partly right, from playing many Nexus players, but I really didn't mean to come off as trying to get anyone in trouble. If there's anything I'd like to say, it's I've enjoyed any of the interactions I've had with you over the gods you do play and have never had an issue with you. I would like to see you spend some more time doing the Nexus thing with morts.

Twist/Daev: I hardly saw any of you on high when doing a who nexus. I wish I had.

On to the mortals, and there are a whole bunch of you so if I miss some, please just send something and I'll reply:

Nexus:

Solec: You're the mortal man. You were Arigan's father and brother rolled up in one. We were a mean team together. I hated it when you died, but you opened up the character for me.'

Cersee: I detested you at points, and then I came to realize that the reason I detested you at points was because you were hard to approach and when I got past that, I realized how dumb that was. You were a great character, you knew stuff that I only wish I knew and I learned tons from you. I'm glad that you got Meter, I probably wouldn't have done nearly as well as you did.

Ghafler: Show up more. You're a beast, I just hardly ever saw you towards the end.

Pughly: The dwarf beast before the dwarf beast. In two incarnations with you, I was amazed. Two or three. You were crazy nuts and amazingly strong. Great job, Pug.

Kii: You also were amazingly strong and never afraid to tear it up. I'd have loved to seen you in a position of power. Great job, keep trucking.

Any other Nexus, hit me up and reply.

Battle:

Loh: You sick freak. Picking on the gnome healer with the maces and the deathblows. Horrible. You scared me more than anyone else. Just letting you know.

Jastyna: You were the next most scary person. I don't know how you did what you did, but you did it and wow, it was not fun. Great job.

Caitlyan/Twist: BAH! You didn't beat me down as much as Loh, but you were close. Damn mace specs. Gnome heads aren't made of that much bone, didn't you know? Great job and great character.

Salyeris: Get to the other bard here. Great job. You're one hell of a leader for Battle and when you go, I'm afraid it's gonna drop into the pits a bit for lack of the stability you've shown.

Others: Same thing, so many of you pwned me through the years, hit me up.

Everyone else:

This is a big list too, but I have a few shout outs:

Zameida: You're fun. I loved getting you to come in and make the Sea of Despair run red with villager blood. Good luck with the continuing on.

So this is the part where I finish up:

Gnome healers are crazy good for healing, bad for fighting villagers. I many times wished I had been wood-elf or human or halfie. It sucked sometimes. But it was fun.

Signing off, no more poems/stories from me:

Arigan TumbleBrook, Healer Extrordinaire of the Island, Abberant Author of Astounding Articles, Seeker of Balance

a.k.a.

Grelgich Grovenklime, Meter of Mind
Alynana Ter'mala the First Sunwarden
Dacheal Falladean the Harvester of the Coven, Warder Captain
Some others
And most noteably:

Thalongrim the Hammer of Frozen Flames, Overseer of the Rift... or something like that.
108577, Woooo, I'm first!
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arigan was an animal. You took a beating and just kept on coming. You totally blended with my balls to the wall play style with fist/teleport/gate/heal/more fist. Especially when raiding and retrieving. I noticed you stuggling with your roleplay in certain situations, but thats alright. You notice things when you spend a lot of time with another character. Never let it be said I didn't pay attention to detail, I'm just lazy.

Amazingly well done. Hopefully we can travel more together when the time comes.

Solec.
108611, RE: Woooo, I'm first!
You were the craziest gnome shifter, and I think Swabaum worked to go alot after you. Your forms just made it so doable. You were a healer's best friend as far as it goes with forms because to get healed up, boom, heal the dillo. The only time I ever had issues healing you was when you would form switch like mad.

Anyway, you showed me tons of stuff. It was great hunting dragons with you as well. Thanks for all the fun, I'm sure we'll meet again.
108581, Bah!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know, I never felt annoyed by you, but I could definitely tell that you wanted tattoo-goodness pretty badly. And you actually were pretty darned close to getting it at the end there, but I thought it showed pretty clearly that you had lost drive with the character, as you stopped showing up (at least I almost never saw you around towards the end there). Anywho, I'm glad you had fun, I certainly enjoyed our interactions. Hope you dug the title.

=w=
108600, RE: Bah!
Oh, I understand. Sure, ever priest of every god wants a tattoo. After seeing what it did with Solec, and some of the things it could do, did I want it more? Sure. Did I feel I deserved it? Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I did. But what I was really fishing for was some way to expand my RP to something beyond dodge villagers for hours on end. I had lost all the people who did something for me or they didn't log in during my time frame, so I turned to the one thing I thought I could get a rise from and barely had interactions with you to move forward.

That being said, I know you have tons of followers, with a religion like yours, who couldn't. I can say I would have loved a quest of some sort or something to occupy my time. Something like Solec had had, finding liquors or some such. It would have given me someting to strivce for. Just giving it some idea on how maybe something could have changed for him.

Beyond all that, I loved my time with Whiys, I really did. It was extremely enjoyable and I started even seeking out other Whiys followers, trying to be a better priest, spreading the word. Anyway, thanks for all the time put into me.
108583, No worries!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Arigan was a great asset to the cabal, and it was obvious you cared deeply about what was going on.

Good luck on your next, I do hope you play Nexus again.

Ray
108601, RE: No worries!
Oh, I'll be back. I haven't been able to leave since hero-IMMing as Thalongrim back in the good old days of Nexus on the river. But I just had to take a break. My last four real characters were all Nexus:

Screltch (Pachyderm/Grizzly Bear)
Daligia (Invoker)
Gelgrich Grovenklime (Meter, Croc/Wolverine)

I'll be back, without a doubt, just after I get away from it for awhile.
108589, Hard not to like you.
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, I didn't like you at all- but that's cause having a healer in an enemy cabal is annoying as hell. Sort of like when there is a bard in Battle :)

Nice job though, you certainly saved a lot of Nexus lives, and that's the sign of a good healer in my eyes.
108602, RE: Hard not to like you.
By the way, I think I may have downplayed your scariness while talking about mace specs and other bards. I really mean that when you go, the Village will be in the dumps for a little. I thought it would happen when Akedeh left, and I might be wrong again, but I really think that without you, the Village wouldn't be half what it is today. I could escape you EASIER than the others, which is about as easy still as a fly escaping a spider's web, but you were still scary.
108594, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Posted by Mylene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for your talks, I'm saddened that we didn't get to travel much but when you were on it was always a fun time for me at least :) .

Good luck with your next one,
Mylene
108597, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Yeah, I just lost the drive but I know that things will be moving forward in Nexus. Keep things going, you're one of few mages left at high levels.

Also, give Whiys' relig a try. I think you'll like it.
108596, Hey!
Posted by Liralindalum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really wish I had a chance to get to know this character.

No hard feelings, but for reasons I don't understand, you sorta
got invited into my mini-quest and by all that is IC, I had
absolutely no reason what-so-ever to have any desire to sit
down and chat with you. It's a shame too because OOC I know it
would have done wonders for blossoming my own character development.

I hope you didn't take it personally, and from a spectator point
of view, I really wish I got a chance to pick your brain and
viewpoints on the religion as a whole.

Neat titles dude, keep em coming!

Cheers!
108598, RE: Hey!
Didn't take it personally. I did mention it to Yindy later, and I don't know if he ever mentioned it back IC to you. It goes with being Nexus. No Nexus is ever fully trusted, eventhough in most cases, they are the most trustworthy people. As long as the Balance is not against you, they should NEVER be causing you a problem. If they do, I have to question how much they are caring about the Balance in general.

I hope everything worked out well with your character development or continues to.
108604, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Posted by Jastyna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel where you are coming from with your reason for deleting. On one hand it is difficult to throw out a character you've put so much time into but on the other hand it's hard to justify wasting any more time if you just aren't into it.

I appreciate the words about Jastyna. From my point of view you really made life difficult for me. I thought you did very well in the healer support role. I can imagine being gnome was rough at times as I think I witnessed at least one nasty beat down by lohakahn. It made me wonder if you even had sanc up! :)

Well done all around.
108607, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Arigan TumbleBrook the Aberrant Author of Astounding Articles
Oh believe me, the beatings from mace specs without sanc was much much worse than the beatings with sanc up. And even then I was still getting hit through sanc for mangles and above.
108655, Oh no.
Posted by Ryntallin Jodeph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well now, this sucks.

I didn't get to travel with you much (as my internet time dropped to 1hr a week two weeks ago) but when I did it was always quality.

Makes sense knowing you were Grelgich. Grelgich was my ace and it was awesome having talks about religion when we ranked together.

Good luck with the next.