Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dratholus Liandre the Grand Druid
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108335
108335, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dratholus Liandre the Grand Druid
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 26 11:43:55 2012

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Dratholus perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:168
108342, A question and a few goodbyes
Posted by Dratholus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Question first:

When I hit may last death I was automtically logged off. Was that because I con died under 200 hours? The last Char I con died was right at 200 hours and was able to stay on till I quit. I got the last Kill on Dijur, and I know he was around at least to talk to for a little bit.

Anyway, this was my first druid if it wasn't obvious. Wanted to try something new since I had lost interest in my last few characters and had a lot of fun with this one. I should have hung around 40-42 longer, but I was really interested in bearform (I play a lot of shifters) so ranked on up. If bearform was an offensive shifter form, it would be my favorite one.

I often had a lot of connection issues with this character, but would only attribute about a third of my deaths to that. For the most part, my downfall was walking into situations were I was overmatched without really prepping. If I play another druid, think I might go the nexus route for Vanguard and being able to use store bought preps. Any more, I am just to lazy to gather preps consistently as an outlander.

Goodbyes

Outlander:

Jasthrean: Thanks for the empowerment and other interactions. It was a fairly painless and enjoyable process from my perspective.

Grafacut: Its great to see an unconventional build kicking ass. You were probably my favorite outlander during this chars lifetime.

Yindathos: Thanks for all the druid tips

Liriandullum: From my perspective, you were great to have as an ally

Sunwarden whose name I have forgotten (storm warrior) That was an interesting induction process without being overly burdensome

Empire:

Kheorr: We kinda grew up together and I am pretty sure I died to you more than any other character and afterwards would be saying I can't beleive I just did that again (usually forgettin pass door or water breathing). You definitely stand out from the other Empire shaman that were around.

Alanna: Gave me fits when you were with Kheorr. Seemed like a good char to me.

Tribunal:

Seems like the spire is finally re-establinshing itself a bit which is good to see.

Dijur: was my favorite char in CF over the life of this character and my previous which was also an outlander. The way you would charge in, I had expected you to con die for a while. It kinda felt like you let me have the one win i got against you since you had potions in your inventory and didn't quaff away. The rest of the time you just dominated me

Drident: I liked your aggresiveness. Guessing more good things are in store for you.

Buk: Was nice to see an Orc getting some Imm attention (I didn't even get lastname with Gralog, though I did get a warcry boost and eneded up with 1800 Imm exp), though you seemed to be punching bag with the restrictions you put on yourself and a hige target besides. The two time I got you solo, I had just logged on, so you probably didn't even know I was around until the hunt hit you.
108343, RE: A question and a few goodbyes
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions, it was a fun character. Sporting and always ready to throw down, the sort of characters CF needs!

And that last fight we had, I didn't let you. You caught me off guard with that new trick and just kicked my butt. I still have a bad habbit from when I played Borkahd as a mort...I hate to retreat and it pwns me sometimes.
108344, After that fight.....
I was thinking great, I finally found something that works with Dijur. What. Last death!

Pretty sure that was my only win against you with Dratholus, though I did get you a time or two with Gralnath previously.
108345, RE: A question and a few goodbyes
Posted by Alannah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember when you were like level 24 or something, and I was tasked with killing you by Enlilth. Failed miserably, damned fireseeds. I'm glad I more than made up for that in later ranks :)

GLWYN.
108352, I think that was my first kill...
and I remeber thinking wow this is easy. It got a little harder after that. Fights I was using fire seeds in tended to go really well or really badly. On a guard in galadon I once got a 6 hit fire seed for 3 Demos 2 Massacres, and an oblit. Never saw much damage on a PC though
108346, Answer: Yes
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The amount of time you have post con death to chillax with your chains is hour dependent.
108353, Thanks. nt
thanks
108347, RE: A question and a few goodbyes
Posted by Drident on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was the aggressive one? :) I thought you did a really good job being aggressive yourself. When I saw that you were done I was upset because I thought you and I had some good fights and I enjoyed them. I can't wait to see your next.
108354, RE: A question and a few goodbyes
I think I tend to go beyond aggresive to stupid, but I don't ever seem to modify my behavior and dieing doesn't bother me much anyway. The best I can do is try to pick a class I can't hurt myself with as much.

If we had the scales, I knew you'd be coming soon, and you usually made it out as well.

Now if I could just figure out what my next is.
108348, we had a few good scraps
Posted by Zevaduce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Imperial offense + non metal high avg weapons tended to keep our fights short but you were very agressive.

Yuo consistantly hit me with oblits on call lightning pretty much anytime I ran through an area you were in. As a general piece of advice you might want to fight your victim first to whittle their HP and use call lightning as a sealing skill, you would have had me a number of times if you just did it at the end of the fight instead of before it even started.
108351, RE: we had a few good scraps
You pretty much owned me. I normally saved my call lightning as a closer, but you tended to make me run or kill me so quickly I started using it as an opener on you to hope I might get a decent sunray or something off once we engaged to turn it my way, or just as an annoyance since I didn't think i'd be killing you anyway.

I actually landed a few kills with random call lightnings hitting people at the wrong (right for me) time.