Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Drothgar Redbeard the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107941
107941, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drothgar Redbeard the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 4 13:40:03 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Drothgar perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:260
107961, That's a tough loss.
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Drothgar was an interesting character, and you certainly gave me a new found appreciation for dwarf speech. He was almost a complete opposite to Salyeris in every way which led to some interesting times. I thought generally you did a really great job all around as a berserker from what I saw.

Overall I really liked the character, and to me I generally had more fun when we were bored and just spent time talking and RPing then being out kicking ass. I am glad you were not a push over when I said things and that you held your ground against me, and anyone else for that matter. Drothgar was very much the blunt hammer while Salyeris is more of the gentle touch type.

I only really considered two people for DM if I had to decide, and you were one of them.

And there's another dwarf named Redbeard running around which makes me laugh. :)
107958, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drothgar Redbeard the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Dijur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't say a lot. You spoke like most other dwarves, about all I know about the character's RP efforts. You sounded...dwarfy.

I did think it was rather lame how you would try to pick fights with me until I finally got my rhythm against you but that seems trendy for villagers these days. Without guards db would kick my ass and rip me in half.

That night when you kept attacking the Spire and took the Scales I felt bad that I kept killing you, I was trying to log out but you just kept coming. Like six times in total I think. I hope that someone grabs your PBF for you, I would like to check that out.

Anyway, I wish you luck with your next. Have fun!
107959, Spoke too soon...
Posted by Dijur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
PBF is already up. Not sure why but I tend to catch the worst in people's characters, I guess. Your comments look pretty good. Rock on.

Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|Hamsah Mu'tazz|vs 1: Dijur (100%, hit)
Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|The Spire of the Blood Tribunal|vs 1: Dijur (100%, hit)
Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|The Spire of the Blood Tribunal|vs 1: Dijur (100%, slash)
Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|The Spire of the Blood Tribunal|vs 2: Dijur (94%, slash), Yindathos (5%)
Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|The Spire of the Blood Tribunal|vs 2: Dijur (67%, parting blow), Riethen (32%)
Mar 25, 2012|Lv 51|Galadon|vs 3: Krunk (9%), Uznash (49%, slash), Dijur (41%)
107955, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drothgar Redbeard the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Arigan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, another huge blow. I hate mace specs as a gnome, I hate mace specs as a gnome healer. Did I mention I hate mace specs? You were strong, you kept to your guns and you were always fighting. Good luck with the next.
107948, Krunk hate dwarf!
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In all seriousness, Drothgar was a fun enemy to have. You were always willing to bring the fight to Krunk, even if that didn't turn out well for you. It seemed recently you were honing in your tactics v. Krunk and I expected to be running more and more often as a result.

I am *very* surprised you didn't have Harmonious Equilibrium as you resisted bashing better than any other village Krunk has fought, but apparently thirst is more effective than I believed. For what it is worth, which isn't going to be much, I felt bad about killing you a few times, but Krunk hate dwarf and all that. The way in which it happened in the kobold warrens, was especially rotten, but I tried to warn you...

Good Luck with whatever is next. The Clan is always looking for new whelps to abuse.
107944, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Drothgar Redbeard the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Jastyna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Drothgar from day 1 when I met you as either an applicant or lowbie Villager, I can't remember which. I enjoyed drinking with you and all the fights we got into together. You were very solid in PK but you shined more for me with the great RP.

I don't know why you deleted. I'm sure you had your reasons but you seemed to have a pretty good thing going on with the character having just won a role contest and all. Were you gunning for DM or something? I know you were looking to hook up with Thror. Did that ever happen? By the way (and I'm no Thror religion expert by any means) I thought it kind of fit the religion in a strange sort of way how you shouldered the burden of the task of trying to retrieve your weapons meant for Thror from the Spire, didn't ask for any help with it and went about it in a quite determined way. I honestly felt like telling Dijur to just give the damn things to you already!
107942, I was hoping we'd get a few more fights.
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough! Quick to banter, which suits dwarves. But from time to time it almost felt like ooc-whining, it was basically every time I did not show up to fight you. (Most of the times it was due to me being totally out of mana, which, for any shapeshifter or mage, is a really bad idea to go up against an RBW.)

I also heard a lot of crap about you, but I witnessed none of it. So I'm going to call this: Good job! Hope you come back soon with something cool again.

Oooh! And what was the story of you throwing away at least 1-2 con suiciding against the tribunals? I saw you die to them 5-6 times I think within a few hours. (I kept locating your corpse and asking the tribs what was going on.)
Personal vendetta?