Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107936
107936, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 4 02:18:51 2012

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Keergan perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:34
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:75
107937, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I suck at playing evil. If I could have ever gotten into the RP of this char, I think it would have been pretty successful. High donations, insane PK ratio (something like 26-1).

But the RP wasn't fun, so I kind of lost interest.

Someday I might get the hang of this Team Evil thing.. but this wasn't the one to do it.
107939, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I watched you a bit because you were active in my playtimes and I thought you did well, actually. I'd describe your evil RP as "condescending (a bit), "prideful" and "arrogant", but not "mean" or "nasty". It might not be necessary to venture into mean or nasty to be a well RP'd evil guy, though :)

Out of curiosity, what kind of evil vibe did you want to get across?
107940, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was pretty much my intention. I was about making other people feel helpless and weak, to make myself feel stronger and more powerful. A lot of the time though, especially early on, I felt kinda lost with my RP, just kind of winging it as I went. I dunno.. I loved the role, but I don't think I executed it well at all.

Honestly, I don't know how to play "mean and nasty" without crippling the funstick. I like to think that (besides the people that were oversensitive), I make the game more fun for my enemies, not just my allies. I don't know how to do that while being "mean" to them.

I'd love to be able to play the "creepy" style of evil, cause those are always my favorite to interact with.. but I don't think I could hack that either, at least not yet.

I'm trying to expand my comfort zone though, so we'll see what happens next.
107949, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Keergan the Communer of Poison, Imperial Acolyte
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly, I don't know how to play "mean and nasty" without crippling the funstick. I like to think that (besides the people that were oversensitive), I make the game more fun for my enemies, not just my allies. I don't know how to do that while being "mean" to them.

You're right on the above comment. I don't see any solution for it, though. Age has softened us all, but even ten years ago I never could grasp the being a #### RP aspect of evil.

Maybe the creepy angle has a better shot though than the mean and nasty. You know to be quite honest about that, the players we have that can pull off 'mean and nasty' are not really RP'ing that so much as that's just the way they are.

So yeah, it's an RP problem but not one that has any solution I can think of.
107969, I thought you were great...
Posted by Wayward Knight on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From your number one fan from 'the other side'!

Makes me fume thinking of the times I almost got you and you got away.

You were a tough cookie, I enjoyed our interactions, fights and RP both.