Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Swabaum the Grand Master of Changelings, Magi of Balance
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107903
107903, (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Swabaum the Grand Master of Changelings, Magi of Balance
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 2 20:36:57 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Swabaum perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:193
107918, Swabaum the Grand Master of Changelings, Magi of Balance
Posted by Ghafler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved Swabaum always helpful and always willing. I remember when you just heroed and went through a rough time getting killed alot I figured you would be another autodelete shifter so i told you it only gets better with age and you can learn so much about yourself in hopes to keep you around because i really liked Swabaum, well played and glad to see I was right for a change. A sad day for the isle hope to see you back soon. GLWYN
107905, Some Goodbyes and Thanks
Posted by Swabaum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Im a big fan of the long goodbyes, so here we go. Let me start by explaining Swabaum. I started him as kind of a mage nexus version of Progglesnort who I played years ago and had so much fun with (until I was made Vindicator and promptly rage deleted, {yes biggest mistake I have made in CF}). So I named my character Swaddlebaum and was told at rank 25 the name was too silly. Thus Swabaum was born. I really wanted to do more with exploring balance and developing a sort of theology surrounding that, which came out at times, but I have never played an empowered class, nor have ever had much Immteraction so I didnt really know where to start (feel free to fill me in on how to do that Imms). While I sort of fell apart on the roleplay that I had envisioned, I started to realize that I was doing pretty well at PK (for me). I can guarentee you all that I had more PK's with Swabaum then all of my other characters combined, and this dates back a good nine or ten years of banging my head against the wall. I understand that many of you will say that I was a gang killer, and to all of you I say HELL YES I WAS!! I never found my black sleek, I never was prepared, and half the time was probably slowed when fighting. Seriously there was a time at around 150 hours where I was prepared, but that was it. I would go into battle all the time with nothing up, but was also ALWAYS willing to throw down, because seriously its fun. This game is supposed to be fun. I like to be competitive, but more then that, I play because I enjoy it, so let me say some goodbyes to those of you who made the game enjoyable.

Nexus:
Kii: We would own people together. I swear that we were probably the most efficient killers of the Island at one point, which most likely led to our titles or at least mine. Thanks for the fun.

Arigan: Roleplaying drunk at the Inn, drunk at the Island, drunk..... was a lot of fun. You were awesome to have around. Really a solid healer. Always doing the right thing and keeping me alive. Sometimes you would sacrifice yourself to save others too, which was really cool I thought. You were Swabaum's best friend probably.

Cersee: You seemed to always know everything. Where things were, exactly what to do at exactly the right time. What I will remember the most is that speech you gave saying it starts here, and poking my chest. I knew you would be the next meter right there. I voted for Arigan because seriously I never saw you until the end, but I know you will continue to do an excellent job. Great character.

Ghafler: I appreciate the respect you gave me towards the end there about inducting Gup. I always liked your character, but seriously, coordinate more with everyone. There have been times where the Island has struck together and been truly badass. I feel like there were many times I could have helped more.

Other Nexuns: Listen to the four listed above..... and Abrohel, who will one day be the Rhyme. Also fleeing is tactically sound. It is rare that unless you are VERY prepared you will be able to solo a rager. Don't be a hero (Ghriss and Gup). Balance isn't about that.

Village
Salyeris: I loved this character. Even keel, self deprecating, a pain in my ass. Seriously critical strike sucks. Then again so does the unbreakable destructors blade, Oh and everything else especially that I became stonehearted because someone told me you used a romantic repertoire.

Jastyna: I didn't see you that much in the middle of Swabaum's life, but the first time we fought we were both convulsing on the path to evermoon and you won. Then EVERY other fight we had went the same way, including our last. I had a barrier wand in my inventory on that first and last time btw. Yes im stupid.

Caitlyan: I got you and Drothgar once after Cersee attacked you and I was randomly flying overhead. I thought you were both pushovers. How seriously wrong could I be. You were my Kryptonite. Congrats on drillmaster.

Drothgar: I remember telling you you were insignificant once in youth. Again wrong. Good solid Dwarf Character. You Bastage.

Xazzax: I hated fighting you. Seriously. That is all. I had an IC freak out on you at one point because I never took anything from corpses and you did from mine, but seriously who cares. Well played.

Other:
Narissorin: Dude, Nightwalker in the air is OP!!!! I nearly crapped my pants. I would get nervous when darkness tipped and you were around, but other then that you played creepy well and I enjoyed times we could team up.

To everyone else that I interacted with Illanthos, Yantha, Vozmuir, Dijur, Krunk, Zameida, Faraq, Invoroh, Blandeburr and so many more that I know I am leaving out, Thanks for making this character one of my most fun yet.

Imms: Thanks for the Magi of Balance title, and for NOT approving the last name Swaddlebottom.

I may post some things about forms etc. later but for now I will say that I think this character has allowed me to stretch my legs and find my stride. I have some crazy ideas for the future so Ill see you all in the fields.

-Veggieribs
107906, Glad to see you still play :) NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
107907, RE: Some Goodbyes and Thanks
Posted by aVillager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good I see Swabaum's death! and good to know you still play.
GLWYN.
107911, Had some great fights!
Posted by Djetmai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As you said, you were always willing to throw down. And that did make it a lot fun for me as well.

I don't think I was ever able to actually kill you since you could pretty much always fly away before I had the chance, but I was always glad to see you around because I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd have an owl flying down at me and a good battle on my hands. You'd even attack multiple Villagers at once, and that aggressiveness made you stand out amongst so many shifters that can tend to blur together at times.

The ram was definitely difficult for me to deal with unless I was really getting lucky with my deathblows, but as long as I could hide I would manage to survive for another fight...which was usually sooner than later!

Well done. Having fun is truly what it's all about. See ya in the fields.
107928, RE: Had some great fights!
Yea, sorry I forgot to give you a shout out. We did have some really good battles. You flee and backstab while I try to shift ram batter, shift owl flyto dj peck dj. lol
107912, What a fun character
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And seriously, ram alternating with tripping thug thief sucks, especially for a village bard. Critical is only fair in return :)

You bordered on suicidal in some of the fights I saw and you brought it to everyone everywhere. I started to have lots more fun at the end in our fights, since some times I had no intention or desire to kill you if you had just died. I did like the one that led to you telling me you were stonehearted, a no pressure PK where nobody is going to die allows for RP while fighting, which I had a blast doing.

Yeah, it was certainly hard to not like Swabaum, even if you ran around with Kii and whipped solo villagers ass, ultimately it was just a lot of fun having you in Thera, so well done and hope to see you back around soon.
107926, Hah, that would have been me..
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I couldn't stand the Bond between thief/shifter. 2 rounds of lag everytime they sneak/hide. Too much time wasted in lag to do anything useful.
107927, RE: Hah, that would have been me..
That's why being in the air worked so well. I didn't have to hide with Kii. Our conversations were like "engage", then we would bring the pain from the shadows and from above. Dammit just let me have this one Solec!!! JK
107914, RE: Some Goodbyes and Thanks
Posted by Jastyna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seems you weren't kidding about nearing the end. Nice work sticking it out until the end. Yeah, there was a time we didn't see each other so much. The times we did you were a cool enemy. We had a nice, fitting, brief little exchange last night and I want to throw the same respect and honor back at you!
107915, RE: Some Goodbyes and Thanks
Posted by Arigan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the words. Swabaum and Solec were the two brothers to Arigan, and now they're both gone. Sorry I haven't been around as much the last few days, things came up and I'm working through them. Anyway, I enjoyed having you around, even if we were down and on the outs, we might stir something up. I wish I could have done more with you on the attacking front, it's hard to be a gnome healer when there are 17.1 thousand villager berserker mace specs. Anyway, good luck with the next, you'll be missed. I might even work out to compose something about the Magi of Balance.
107917, That's nice of you to say.
Posted by Abrohel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With Solec gone, you were my favorite mage in the Island, by far. I really liked how you played.

I hope reincarnation brings you back to the Island!
107924, RE: Some Goodbyes and Thanks
Posted by Invoroh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First I'd like to say that I'm not entirely sure I've been able to take you down with my current because fly is a great escape and you seemed to be playing much more cautious near the end, so GJ. Overall I got to see you from multiple angles and enjoyed the char. I also think Swaddlebottom woulda been a funny last name and very befitting for some of the insane gnomish names of recent time. Glad that you had fun as you did and were successful where you felt you were because that is the best thing about CF. I'm sure I'll see you in another incarnation before long so until then, Glwyn.
107925, No love, huh?
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Swabaum was one of my favourite gnomes. To Solec, everyone was his favourite, but Swab was one of Solec's 13. :-)

Deathly, chittery, chatty and always on. Thats how I like my allies to be. Most of the time. :-)
107929, RE: No love, huh?
Come on son!?! I gave you shout on your death thread, but for real you were probably the most important figure in Swabaum's life! I was just trying to be badass like you, while keeping a calm demeanor and even keel. Getting your armor and all the toys you had in that girdle didn't hurt after you died. I hope we can be allies again soon!