Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Gaas the Warrior of the Gauntlet
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107645
107645, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Gaas the Warrior of the Gauntlet
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 22 09:27:01 2012

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Gaas perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:33
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:99
107715, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Gaas the Warrior of the Gauntlet
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ya know. I'm gonna give you credit here. This char started out just as identifiable as all your other efforts. I think by the end though you had something of quality that I personally wouldn't have been able to spot if you'd started out that way. I'm actually looking forward to more of the roleplay you seem capable of bringing as evidenced by Gaas later in life. You're actually pretty solid when you're not flying off the handle.

Just what I think.
107727, I'm not.
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just another funnyone.

No punctuation.

Not good at ranking.

Bossy.

Worried about gear.

Talks in ooc-quasi-ooc terms

Once he thought I killed someone he was after and he went rabid and told me to sacrifice their weapons. The best part is he wasn't smart enough to understand that I wasn't saying I killed the guy even though I was making great efforts to put it into laymans terms. He was so focused on getting me to grief the guy.

I ranked with him and it was all I could do not to wait until he was hurt, kill him and destroy everything. But I just decided to scroll about anything he said off the screen and go for the ranks I wanted.
107729, I would love to see a log of this ranking session. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
107731, That's funny
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because a good portion of this mud could claim that your characters are just as abrasive and irritating to deal with with their "know it all, superior to you especially with my RP"

And before you just claim I am defending Funnyone, check our forum history. I might have more of a reason than any single person on QHCF to hate him, and even I am willing to speak up and say he's definitely improved since his last characters, even though he has a long way to go.

Just saying, you might want to look in the mirror and produce a shining example of a good character yourself before you totally trash somebody. Nobody here can talk #### about funnyones pk skills, he's pretty talented there. If he could polish up his RP and bad attitude, he could really shine. I thought Gaas had moments where he shined, and I haven't seen that from his other characters.

Keep working on your RP Funnyone, and try not to go so vile on your enemies, and you probably will get the props and attention you desire. The rolling of a mute character idea is a good one, as is playing a hardcore goodie that treats all his foes with dignity and respect. You got the pk thing down, now polish the rest of your game and prove that you are a valuable member of the community aside from just PK.
107732, How about Uncle Stumpy?
I do not go out of my way to grief anyone unless the've drawn first blood.

And it's generally speaking my elves that get on peoples nerves. Why? Because I can RP various races and roles.

Funnyone does his best to ruin the game for others.

He's one of the ones I was thinking of who the game would be better off with out.
107733, I don't think that's very fair
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For example. People generally hate you here. Basically everything about everything you post. You whine, you complain, and weather you like to admit it or not, your characters are JUST as easy to spot as funnyones. People have done it over and over, it's basically CF history at this point. And your forum posts are even easier. You can change your handle a million times, but we spot you every time.

How do you like it when people just bash you for no reason, mock your characters, and tell you that CF would be better off without you? Because just as many people say that about you as funnyone. I'm personally not for that behavior either way anymore. I'd much rather give constructive criticism to a player (weather I like them or not) and watch them continue to improve, then just bash them with the rest of the forum monkeys.

You say he ruins the game for others, and while he may be a #### to his enemies, I saw great improvements in this character from his last in terms of RP, and he wasn't that bad this time. (Granted I saw him as a friend and not a foe with this one, but still, he HAS improved.)

He has things to work on. I hope he works on them. I'd love to see the day that Funnyone roleplays top notch with one of his killers. I totally support that.

Just keep in mind when you make statements like "I think that this mud would be a better place without him" that the last thing we need is to run more players off with an elitist, #### attitude. For every person out there that thinks CF is a better place without funnyone, I can probably find 2 that thinks CF is a better place without you.

107734, You're wasting lot of ink.
I think, next to Rogue, he's probably public enemy number one.

It's my opinion and this character reenforced that opinion.
107736, Well I still like funnyone more than you.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not going into anymore detail.
107800, I don't hate Pro. And I have every reason to do so.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since he welshed on our infamous bet :(
107735, FWIW
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alston here DOES have a big ego, but so does 99% of the participants here.

I've run into his characters and always found them to be excellently role-played. Maybe even over the top, but it's better than completely lacking it.

I'm defending Alston here, not attacking FunnyOne. I've only ever ran into him once in game and that was long ago.
107699, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Gaas the Warrior of the Gauntlet
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I interacted with you with a couple chars and for the first few, I really couldn't stand you. I was like, Oh.. its Matrik or whatever that drow multi killer scion app was. That was a big thumbs down with all the trash talking, lack of Capitol letters, and punctuation.

In the end though. I just recently interacted with you but the bum had left the building. Feeling for the first time that I may have been talking to a somewhat self confident Arial. You were a little smug but not overly so, and we had some good fights winning and losing. You were pretty fair about the whole thing and I actually enjoyed fighting you for once. If I could give advice to you, it would be to relax a little and play the entire character like you did just before rage delete.

Have fun in the fields with your next one.
107702, Eh...
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=20037&mesg_id=20037&page=9

Do not besmirch my name sir. I hold the PBF record for one of my humans, not a dirty drow.
107728, We all know you are a Doppleganger. Now THAT would be a bad ass race. n/t
sdfvsdfv
107794, I ate those magic grapes once...as Menthias...nt
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
107796, No besmirching intended.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm just not the best with names and I know that one was at least similar.