Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThat's just it.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107445&mesg_id=107711
107711, That's just it.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Allysia is one character, not every character I've ever played, but I suppose that's fair to assume.

Raiding:
Inners +1 defender make it hard to raid against as a solo attacker. That's just all there is to it. Retrievals are a different story. But to actually raid nexus, it's going to take two + villagers usually to get past one nexus defender of any class. Jhappil at the inners I would bet on 9 times out of 10 vs. any lone raiding villager.

Command denial
That's just a no. Berserkers have a decent chance kill someone while being lagged like that, and last I checked there are scouts and defenders. I say villagers, I did not say berserkers. But yeah, you're right, DB is the most OP thing in the game, I forgot. A nexus char has much better ways to avoid ever being in a situation where he can be lagged out compared to what a battlerager has. Yes, DB might save a villager in 10% of those situations (defenders and scouts will just die). Most other times though, the berserker just dies as well.

This topic.
I'm looking at both sides of this because I've seen both sides, same as Solec did. There is merit to the things Jhappil and Bolzhor said and so I add in my own thoughts because I've played a similar character- a powerhouse build against villagers (and yes, porc/dillo/manticore is a power build against them) and so I have the persepective of knowing what battleragers do in response to those characters, which when added with the other characters I've played in the past four years in fact grants me a little of the perspective you seem to think I lack needed to comment when people talk about these things.

And viewing Solec as a def/def shifter is sort of laughable, because much as I liked him, the manticore is what made him deadly and got him 80% of his PKS probably. Solec was great for his RP in my opinion, PK is secondary to that always in my book. Allysia did have a higher one, but that is pretty much unrelated to a discussion about Solec. I think Bolzhor said something on Allysia's death thread about how there was just nothing he could do when he fought Allysia alone. But you can see my thought on the gank-o-meter posted below if you want to know what I think about that statistic and anyone who bothers to use it in any sort of argument.

Jhappil raised a point about villagers whining about being ganged and then ganging others in raids. Bolzhor thought Solec ganged a lot. Jhappils' right, the BAttleragers do that, and they should if they actually want to complete the raid and not have any of theirs die. Solec fought a lot, but lots of times he likely wouldn't get a solo kill because people escaped him- and getting the Key back with one or two guys helping against four villagers just skews his numbers higher. I've defended both sides because most people have one sided views on this and it's getting old when people make claims that completely disregard anothers.

I thoroughly enjoyed Solec's character, and really the things I have said are in relation to the nexus/battle dynamic far more so than anything to do with specific characters.