Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectNo reason to focus on just Fort
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107445&mesg_id=107701
107701, No reason to focus on just Fort
Posted by AXera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was certainly not any more chummy with Fort characters than he was with plenty of others. It was a difference in interpretation and RP more than anything. The best example is to say that while a leader like Puhguly generally took a more direct approach, Solec thought it was rash to act in situations where the balance would restore itself before long.

You also have to consider the role of gauge balance in all of this. Only rarely is it ever significantly forceful in any direction (other than the veil) these days. Often it appears nonsensically balanced, and jumps from one side to the other quickly despite what the hero range may look like at the time. A wise character like Solec was not going to act out the first moment he saw things unbalanced.

More specifically, Fort was not tipping as much as it seems like they should have been at times. I remember one funny incident where a few of us Nexuns were sitting at the inn ready to help the Empress at the time retrieve against 5-6 Fort. She was the only Empire on, and yet the balance had somehow neutralized in the time it took to meet up there. After joking around about the situation for a few minutes, everyone went their separate ways.

Another good example is one of the few times I actually saw Jhappil as Donderston. He and I went on a rampage one day when 7 of the 13 people online in hero range were Tribunals. Amazingly, the balance had shifted in the middle of it without anyone realizing it, and Rayihn had to step in. Incidents like this (it was actually even more complicated, but I won't get into it here) are why some Nexuns take a really passive approach to balance when it doesn't involve the veil.